ELEVEN.

Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

Wishing for more comments and encouragement :)

 

 

When Hanbin is halfway to enter the lift, he sprints forward as he sees Chanwoo lying down on the floor right on the lift’s door. He kneels down beside him, face shocked and scared if anything is happening to him. Hanbin is relieved that at least Chanwoo isn’t unconscious but he seems slightly pale.

 

“Chanwoo yah! What happened?! Why are you on the floor?!” Hanbin asks with fear in his voice, worried over the maknae. Chanwoo attempts to stand up only to fall backward. Luckily Hanbin is prepared to catch him in time. The leader slowly wraps one arm of the maknae along his neck as he props him up, leading them properly inside of the lift. Putting the maknae to sit he presses on their floor, before sits back beside Chanwoo who is still rubbing his temple trying to get rid of the headache.

 

To say that Hanbin is worried is an understatement. He’s immensely petrified, especially when he witnesses how pale the maknae is. His eyes are big and hands not leaving Chanwoo’s arm. Chanwoo feels sorry for worrying him but he can’t do anything much. His whole body hurts. When the lift door opens, Hanbin carefully brings the maknae inside their apartment. Right after punching in the passcode; while still holding the maknae one hand, Hanbin guides them entering the house. They could hear Bobby and Donghyuk’s loud voices, along with June and his legendary Bruce Lee’s imitation. Jinhwan and Yunhyeong’s laughter could be heard too. Great, Hanbin thought. Everybody is here. He wastes no time to bring the maknae inside but by the door Chanwoo slowly unattached himself to Hanbin, saying that he is fine and can walk by himself. Hanbin knows the maknae is lying, he doesn’t want to draw unnecessary attention of the others. Thus they walk towards the living room, Hanbin behind Chanwoo closely to catch him in case he wants to faint.

 

By the moment they are seen, the others greet them lively, with Donghyuk walking close to the maknae only to stop when he notices the pale boy. Donghyuk sprints to him and takes his face in his hands, inspecting them. Yunhyeong and Jinhwan sitting on the couch are on alert.

 

“Why are you so pale?” Donghyuk asks with his hands cupping Chanwoo’s cheeks. Hanbin eyed them cautiously from behind. Yunhyeong stands up and he’s already beside the maknae. “Chanwoo ah, are you okay? Did anything happen?”

 

Chanwoo with both his hands gently pulls Donghyuk’s off from him, he holds them instead but not at his face level. “I’m fine. It’s just cold outside.” Nonchalantly he lied.

 

“Your hands are so cold, this ain’t a joke.” Donghyuk comments, hands still holding the maknae’s tight. “Did you see anything?” Chanwoo remains silent to his questions, making Donghyuk much agitated.

 

“Did something happen, Hanbin ah?” Bobby si the one asking Hanbin now who has been quiet ever since stepping his foot into the house. His eyes stay fixated on the two maknaes’ hands on each other. He said nothing about it of course. He faces a worried Bobby with his casual face, “Chanwoo fell down just now before the lift door. I asked him if there was anything happened but he wouldn’t say it.” Jinhwan stands up by then, taking one of Chanwoo’s hand in his, palming it he can sense the coldness which has been reduced thanks to Donghyuk seconds ago. He calls softly the youngest to look at him, trying to get his attention. “Did you see anything?” Jinhwan’s voice is calm, very, it almost feels like he is lulling a child to sleep. Chanwoo can’t help but to fall in awe to that.

 

“Just the usual.” He admits finally. “Nothing big.” He lies again.

 

“Do you see it now?” Bobby throws the question. Chanwoo takes his time to look around the room. He shakes his head as he sees nothing. It drives the others to exhale a relief sigh.

 

“Well, whatever it is it’s gone now. Why don’t you go to bed now? It’s getting late. We have a schedule tomorrow.” With that the others are ushered to their beds. The downstairs team are about to leave when Donghyuk suddenly pipes in to the maknae, “Can I stay with you tonight, maknae?” His question makes every heads turn to him, including Chanwoo himself. Hanbin has to clench his jaw tight to ensure his mouth won’t talk any spiteful thing. Yunhyeong and Jinhwan see that.

 

“Chanwoo is fine, Donghyukkie. He got me and Hanbin here with him. Don’t worry.” Yunhyeong casually says in a forced cheerful tone, trying to lessen the tension in the air. Why is it a tension? Because both Hanbin and Donghyuk are having their own stare contest. But only Yunhyeong, Jinhwan and Bobby notice the meaning behind it while June and Chanwoo stay oblivious.

 

Donghyuk’s eyes turn to Yunhyeong as he said that, a tint of disappointment and unfair flash on his face. “But I want to accompany him tonight.”

 

“We know, but Chanwoo will be just fine. Yunhyeong and Hanbin are here with him.” Jinhwan tries to reason. “Besides, we need to sleep for tomorrow.”

 

“But our schedule is in the evening.” Donghyuk protests, slowly his brows furrowed together showing how he doesn’t buy their reasons. Jinhwan wrecks his brain for explanation but he ends up eyeing Bobby for help. The rapper sees it.

 

“Yeah but isn’t that would be much appropriate for Chanwoo to have his own time for rest? Besides, he’s clearly not feeling well tonight.”

 

“Well, someone needs to be there to tend to him if something happens, right?” Donghyuk fights, still wanting to sleep with the maknae tonight. The hyungs are met on the dead end.

 

“He’ll be just fine, Donghyuk-ah. Yunhyeong hyung and I will make sure Chanwoo is comfortable enough to sleep.” Hanbin says with a slight annoyed tone. Seriously, he is so tired from all the works he has and now he gets to handle a bratty Donghyuk—which is very rare because the younger has always been considerate with the others. It’s a bit amusing to see him acting like this.

 

“You, hyung? You do that, now?” That is Hanbin’s line of patience he guesses. He really hates it whenever Donghyuk uses that tone to him, the judging and mocking tone of his voice. It challenges him until Hanbin can feel his blood boils. He takes a step forward, intimidating the younger. “Yah, you got problem with me?” With that, Yunhyeong steps in to settle them down.

 

“Okay, that’s enough of it. It’s nothing to get so pump up right?” Chuckling awkwardly Yunhyeong has his hand on Hanbin’s shoulder, slightly pulling the leader to back off. Being a good dongsaeng he is, Hanbin obeys. Donghyuk still glares at him.

 

“Just let Donghyukkie sleeps with Chanwoo. There’s nothing wrong with that, right?” June gives his two cents after a long time keeping his mouth shut. The others feel like chocking him up.

 

Jinhwan is irritated, feeling the urge to slap someone badly. “Chanwoo can sleep alone just fine. Isn’t that right, Chanwoo?” Emphasizing hard the word ‘alone’, Jinhwan doesn’t even need to turn his head to face the maknae for the latter gets his point. “Yes, I’ll be fine everyone. Don’t worry.” With that, no one can argue. Donghyuk eventually stands down with Bobby pulling his hand towards the exit. After an intense second of staring between the dancer and the leader, everyone dismisses. The downstairs team takes their leave. The upstairs floor is met with silence. Yunhyeong sighs out a relief sigh feeling grateful nothing bad happens.

 

“Well, I guess we are all better be in bed now.” With Yunhyeong saying that, the three eventually retreat to their respective rooms. Hanbin also enters his room, his rage isn’t yet decreasing but he let it go. He knows why Donghyuk acting up like that. He must have been annoyed with the maknae sending him food and the fact that he has plenty of time spent with the maknae tonight.

 

“You know Donghyukkie meant no harm, right?” Come Yunhyeong’s voice from Hanbin’s door. The leader almost curses at his hyung for scaring him. Yunhyeong apologizes. “He has been quite how can I say …. Unpleased? That Chanwoo sent the food to you alone.” Hanbin gets his answer by then. He’s right. He sighs out loud while taking his shirt off. Showing his bare body to Yunhyeong, he throws his clothes into the dirty laundry basket before facing him. “I am completely baffled with his coldness.” Hanbin utters, voice so down and dispirit. “But at the same time, I know the reason.”

 

Hanbin expects a question such as ‘what’s the reason?’ from Yunhyeong but the silence given by him is enough of an answer to Hanbin. He sighs again, this time feeling utterly defeated. Hanging his head low he takes his seat on his beany bag chair. Smiling in defeat, Hanbin can guess that Yunhyeong already knows it. “I don’t have the answer to this situation. But Chanwoo has.” Hanbin lifts his head to meet the man who said that. Still standing by the doorframe with his side body leaning to it. “And of course, maknae doesn’t know about it.”

 

“He doesn’t need to know.” Hanbin speaks up. “One day, let Donghyuk tells him himself what he feels.” He feels half his heart burns saying it.

 

“So you’re okay if Donghyukkie with Chanu?” Hanbin stays silent to Yunhyeong’s words. He couldn’t answer it. The only thing he can do is just facing Yunhyeong showing his sad smile to him. One that Yunhyeong interprets as ‘I don’t want to but I have to’. It breaks Yunhyeong up. “Don’t do that, Hanbin-ah. You have to be happy too.”

 

“You’re wrong hyung.” Standing up he closes his distance with Yunhyeong, standing before him with a stoic face. “I only want them to be happy.” And he left his room walking to the bathroom for a shower, leaving Yunhyeong behind.

 

But Yunhyeong can hear the broken of Hanbin’s voice. “You deserve to be happy too, Hanbin-ah.”

 

 

 

 

He enters the maknae’s room after his late night shower ends, not even bother to knock for he knows Chanwoo has already fall asleep. He walks inside and his eyes set first on the small medicine bag on the computer table with an empty glass. Yunhyeong must have given the maknae some medicine to allow him to slee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter