SIXTEEN.

Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

 

At least, I can wrap up the Past Timeline before going to another hiatus. ^^

Thank you for the love! And I am very sorry for the jump scare in the previous chap xD

 

 

As Hanbin has heard from the nurse that Chanwoo has awake, he feels how the heavy feelings is cleared from his chest. He could breathe easily, no longer his face seems sour nor down while waiting for days to get to the moment when the maknae would open his eyes again. Finally, it comes. He and the other members rush inside the room when the nurse said they can meet him following the doctor’s suggestion. They walk to the room, halting their steps at the door waiting for the nurses to come out with all the equipment before they can make way. When they get to the bed, they see Chanwoo already sitting on the bed, the doctor standing beside him.

 

“He seems good despite the days he has been out.” The doctor said as he faces the rest of the members, all eyes are on the maknae who has been smiling sheepishly to them. “If there’s anything you guys need, do tell the nurses. I’ll excuse myself now.” and the doctor leaves, the moment he’s out the door, Yunhyeong and Donghyuk literally throw themselves to Chanwoo, hugging him tight with laughter filling the air. Jinhwan is holding his tears with June teasing him being a ‘baby’, and surprisingly the older doesn’t mind it. He takes Yunhyeong’s spot to hug Chanwoo. The others could only watch with smile on their faces.

 

“We’re glad you are doing fine.” Yunhyeong voices out with Bobby in Chanwoo’s arms. Chanwoo then has his attention to the second oldest, his face quite said the opposite. “Well, yeah maybe.” His response gets the rest to watch him with frown.

 

“What is it?” Hanbin starts to feel concern, but when Chanwoo tugs down his collar, he lunges forward almost knocking Bobby down as he takes Chanwoo’s hand on the collar and tugs it down further, revealing his tan-like skin with a slight red hand mark around his neck, two inches above his collarbones.

 

“What the hell…..” Bobby trails off as his eyes set on the strangle mark, just like the rest. Jinhwan is standing by the other side, inspecting it closer. “Is that….” He couldn’t continue, but Hanbin is quick to catch on that.

 

“Yes, it’s a strangle mark.” His face is grim, Chanwoo swears Hanbin wears a face where he would always have when one of them mess up in the dance practice or during the recording. It’s quite scary in Chanwoo’s opinion. But the touch of the leader’s hand on the back of his hair, slowly caressing it gives him a calm feeling. “I need to do something.” Chanwoo voices out, taking everyone’s attention to him.

 

“What is it, maknae? But first, please, tell us who did this to you? What happened?” Like always, the mother hen Yunhyeong. Chanwoo wonders since then he takes that role, it’s usually Jinhwan but now they got 2 of them in the same group whenever any of them got hurt. “Long story, hyung. But I need a help.” The others listen tentatively, even June. “Do you guys remember BIGBANG’s sunbaenim’s stylist, Ji Eun noona and Taehyun noona?”

 

The members nod their head, “Well yes. We worked with Taehyun noona once. Why?” It’s Donghyuk’s turn to inquire. Chanwoo gulps his throat down, feeling the tension thickening in the air.

 

“Do you guys remember that she got in an accident once right?” It doesn’t take a fool to know that they all know. By the look of their faces; all grim and knowing, Chanwoo knows he hit the jackpot. They still remember it. Then he feels another hand on his back, it belongs to Jinhwan, rubbing his back softly as he takes a sit at the bed. “What’s wrong, maknae? Do you have a dream about that?” As if knowing, Jinhwan asks. Chanwoo doesn’t hesitate to nod his head, taking everyone by surprise.

 

“What did you see?”

 

“Too much.” Chanwoo faces a frantic Bobby, the rapper is all serious but his shaking orbs couldn’t be let unnoticed. “In fact, I need your help.” And they are all ears.

 

 

 

 

Chanwoo is discharged on the next day, but he still got a bandage over his neck which is quite troubling in his opinion. The wound has healed, leaving some scars but there’s nothing won’t be fixed by the dermatologist; that’s what June has told to him. It’s only Yunhyeong, Hanbin and Donghyuk riding the van from the hospital taking him while the rest with their manager, Jaeho is waiting for them in another place. It takes them 30 minutes to search for the house based on the address sent by June. When they have arrived, the others have been waiting for them outside; Bobby and June. The moment Chanwoo steps outside the van, a tall apartment building meets his eyes. It’s some average-waged complex with small windows and limited parking lot.

 

He feels something there, undeniably. But he keeps quiet not wanting to worry anyone. Bobby and June walk forward to them and guide the rest to the lift inside, Yunhyuk driving the van to the parking lot. Chanwoo enters the lift and he’s met with an old woman, sitting by the floor at the left corner of the small lift. He quickly walks in after Bobby and June before the other 3 and take the left space. When Hanbin ushers for him to shift further to the left, he gives a look to the leader, not saying anything but he knows Hanbin would catch on to it. He does, and he opts to settle with himself squeezing his body with Yunhyeong and Donghyuk. The two said nothing.

 

When they have arrived to the floor, Bobby leads them to the house. They enter after ringing the doorbell, a woman who looks younger than Chanwoo’s mother comes to open it. She smiles to them as they bow their heads to greet her. As they enter the house, they see Jinhwan and Jaeho have been waiting for them at the living room. “So you guys are iKON.” The woman said as she takes her seat on the couch beside Yunhyeong, Donghyuk and Chanwoo. They all smile at her.

 

“We are sorry for this intrusion.” Yunhyeong politely says, smiling his charm that no one can say no to. She blushes slightly, waving her hand to imply she’s not bothered. “Don’t worry about that. Your manager here already told me everything. I’m more than pleased to have you here in my house.” She said, more polite than them as she ushers them to have some drinks.

 

Chanwoo looks around while everyone is having their drinks and talking more with the woman. His eyes then set on one room at the farthest end of the hallway. He keeps staring at it, feeling something attracting his attention to the closed door. He doesn’t even spare a glance when the others are laughing at something Hanbin has said to the lady, too absorbed to what’s inside. A pat on his right leg is felt and that’s when his attention is cut through. He looks to his left, Bobby is eyeing him with concern. Chanwoo’s face remains blank, suddenly not knowing what to say. But then, words from the lady catches him. “My daughter had always been enthusiastic to debut as an idol. She said she wished to be as pretty and cool as all the idols she saw in the TV. Me and my husband had always been supportive of her dream.” Chanwoo’s head turns to see her still smiling when she said that but it seems so hollow. She is still mourning despite the months of her passing.

 

“It’s too bad, she’s a good kid. Very talented.” Jaeho utters, making the others fall into silence including Chanwoo himself. But he couldn’t handle it; the silence, when he keeps hearing somebody whispering to his ears…..

 

 

“Meet me in my room….”

 

 

“How long did your daughter been a trainee in YG?” He suddenly speaks, taking everyone’s attention to him, including s as they look at him. The woman has her head raised at his question, not expecting him to speak when he has been quiet for so long. “Perhaps 10 months. She entered right after her entry to middle school.” She said. Chanwoo eyed Jaeho who’s sitting before him, the manager takes note of his eye-contact. The older then turns back to the woman, wearing a small smile.

 

“I’m sorry but is it possible if you let us to see your daughter’s room?” He asks, not even sugar coating. And somehow the woman seems to understand it as she nods away without hesitation. “Go ahead, it’s in the farthest end there to the left. Some staff did come before to check her belongings so I’m not sure if there’s anything left for you to see…..” She trails off as her eyes start to squint an inch to Jaeho. “I’m sorry but what is it you want to look for in her room?”

 

“Something important.” Chanwoo voices out as he stands up abruptly, taking s by surprise. His eyes set on the woman, locking with her dark orbs. He screams confidence. “It’s very important. For you.” Her eyes set in big like a saucer as she looks at Chanwoo in surprise, alongside with the others in the room. She’s about to ask something but Chanwoo walks straight to the room, not paying a heed to Hanbin’s silent calls to his name. Yunhyeong wants to follow him but Donghyuk stops him, he sends a message through his eyes to the others not to disturb the maknae. They obey to it, and they wait.

 

 

 

 

Chanwoo’s hand turns the doorknob open. He steps inside the room, a pleasant smell from the air freshener greets his nostril. The room is tidy, looks like even if the owner is gone, her belongings are still kept clean. He closes the door, wishing for no disruption as looks around. From the piano keyboard to the BIGBANG and 2NE1’s posters on the walls, it’s obvious how she has always been dreaming of being an idol. Sadly her life isn’t that long for her to achieve it.

 

He walks to her study desk just beside her bed. He looks over to the pictures in the frames. It’s of her and her families, her friends and a picture of herself. Chanwoo looks closely at the small letters engraved under the solo picture in black ink.

 

Lee Hyejung.

 

“So that is her name…”

 

Then he feels it, something is grabbing his leg. Chanwoo yelps in surprise as his body falls down to the floor. He quickly crawls his body backwards using his limbs until his back hit the drawer. Then he sees it, before the bed. He sees her, the dead trainee.

 

She just stares at him with her pale face and blood oozing off her head and nose and lips down to her neck. She is wearing the same clothes Chanwoo sees in his dream, the attire of when she is dead. Her hand then points to something above Chanwoo’s head. He follows her point finger’s direction, warily he looks up and in milliseconds back to her, still pointing her finger there, not moving from her spot. Chanwoo gulps nervously as he stands up, feeling his legs wavering and the cold sweats profusely dripping his face. He faces the drawer and sees somewhat a small peach chest box. He turns his back and she is still there but this time, nodding her head. Chanwoo knows she wants him to find it.

 

He looks back to the chest box, mustering all the bravery he has he takes the box and opens it. What he finds in there is letters inside 5 different colored envelopes. He reaches in and takes in, as he turns back to look at her, she is gone.

 

 

"Please, give it to my mother."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter