FOURTEEN.

Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

 

Tons of thanks to the upvoters! :*

 

 

 

 

“June, move to the right a bit.” Donghyuk voices as he monitors each and every members dancing to the choreography he owned. It’s for their new comeback as Hanbin entrusted the role of making their dance steps to the younger. June listens well to him, confirming his place right beside Jinhwan and they are all set. The other 6 dance to how they are taught by Donghyuk, the latter monitoring them. When the song is reaching the end, they stand for the last pose and Donghyuk claps his hands in satisfaction. “I think it’s good enough, Hanbin hyung. But we all need to practice it more.” With all set, they dance to the song for another 1 hour before the break comes.

 

He is still there, watching as the event that already has happened months ago take place yet again in front of his eyes. It’s a memory. He knows, a mystery that he is confused on why exactly Chanwoo is watching this. The simple thought of him being dead always comes to his mind but there is moment when he feels subtle touches to his hands, his face and other places. A warm sensation, touches all familiar to him. There is also voices calling for him, ushering him to wake up. He tries, but he couldn’t. Whatever it is that’s putting him in this memory loop is preventing him from leaving, not yet.

 

And he could slowly see the reason, for each days that passing by, he witnesses the shadows lurking and attaching itself to the body of himself in the past. It’s growing darker day by day and he just knows why.

 

They are feeding his fears, eating his confidence and happiness away replacing them with self-doubt, sadness, regrets and remorse but the worst of it all is loneliness. Even if he is surrounded by his hyungs, with a bit harder time in practice and recording for Hanbin wouldn’t just let him dance nor sing as he pleased, it’s not bad. The leader has always been kind and he even praised Chanwoo just now for dancing to the beat. A smiling Donghyuk standing by the leader’s side nodding his head admitting it. The action warms his heart, but only now he knows why is it so hard to smile sincerely at that moment months back.

 

Those things are making him feel that way. But worst, he let them be. That is his biggest mistake ever.

 

“Should we all get something to eat later?” Jinhwan is the one suggesting, eyes lingering on everyone. “And you are included, Jung Chanwoo. No excuses this time.” There comes the sternness of being the eldest. They all are watching him who is fumbling with his water bottle. The members know that Chanwoo has been skipping meals, again. The current him watches how all the other members play around with him, Jinhwan and Chanwoo having a toes’ fight whilst Yunhyeong acts as the referee only to be bashed by others. It’s such a good memory, despite the fatigue and anxious for their comeback, he knows it is a good time spent with good people.

 

But the shadow is getting dark, and he knows the day when he will meet his fate is just around the corner.

 

 

 

 

“Sajangnim rejects this song again.” Hanbin vents up his frustration towards the others in the room—apparently all of them, as the whole group is having their dinner in dining room. They have take-out for Yunhyeong is too tired to cook anything but it’s fine. At least they have their stomach filled up.

 

“Maybe you should try it out again.” Jinhwan comforts out, munching the noodles in his mouth. The leader nods his head with Donghyuk and Bobby reassuring him the same thing before they divert everyone’s attention to another topic. Chanwoo is there, so does his current self; watching everything unfolding before his eyes like a dejavu. He let his eyes land on those big obnoxious dark clouds surrounding his past self’s body, more thick and large.

 

“Have you heard about the news, hyung?” Donghyuk starts the diversion. “Another 10 trainees leave the company today after some backup dancers injured themselves during practice.” His words garnered everyone’s attention, including the spaced-out maknae.

 

“Ah, you mean when they are dancing and suddenly someone pushes them until they fall down? I heard it too. They said it’s very weird because everyone is in their places so there’s no way anyone could just walk out of the position and deliberately push someone.” It’s Yunhyeong adding up much shock to the rumors. Everyone is talking about the topic starting then, the problem of their songs getting a continuous rejection is long forgotten. At that moment, he sees more dark clouds hovering over his past self, who’s sitting in silence while eating. Spacing out again. He knows what he is feeling at that moment;

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter