THIRTYEIGHT.

Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

I am sorry for the delay guyss. Unexpected things showed up this weekends and I just can't get away from it. I was hybernating this whole day(Monday) thanks to how exhausted i am physically and mentally ==" I truly apologized for breaking promises to you guys about updating last week 

But still! Here it is and shocking things are happening here~~~~ Hope you enjoy :D

 

 

Even punching in the passcode seems like taking one step further into an impending hell, at least that’s what they thought about. As the door is unlocked, the three young men slowly enter the house taking in how dark it is with no lights . Not even any sound is heard, it’s a complete silence.

 

As Jinhwan fumbles with his phone to find the flashlight button, Bobby stops him. “He’ll know we’re here if you use the flashlight.”

 

“Then you expect us to walk around in the dark?!” Jinhwan snarls in whisper, truthfully deep in his heart he has no intention to act so hostile to the rapper but the whole spooky feels are making him standing on edge. Even a light tap over Jinhwan’s shoulder now could send the person flying one-way ticket to China with his kicks.

 

Bobby looks down feeling intimidated with the elder’s outburst. He whispers yet again, “I just thought it might be a good idea to be discreet.”

 

“But I can’t see anything, hyung.” June mutters from their back, bending both his knees he’s cowering behind his 2 hyungs despite he’s the tallest amongst them. “Maybe a flashlight is a good idea.”

 

Jinhwan glares at Bobby and he taps on the flashlight icon in his phone. The white light helps them to see well as they walk inside passing through the doorway, into the living room. There’s still no sign of Hanbin or anyone inside the house. Like no one is even home…..

 

“Maybe what Chanwoo said is true about Hanbin. We should go back, hyung.” Bobby said holding the elder’s arm as Jinhwan leads the way. He might be a scaredy-cat in broadcast but when this kind of desperate situation happens in real life; especially when it’s concerning his own members, Jinhwan doesn’t mind taking in the first blow as long as the others are safe.

 

Which is why he decides to come up to see for himself if is it really true that the Hanbin he has seen this evening and the one June has been talking to is really not Hanbin. Although there’s no reason for Chanwoo to lie—not with all those panting and cursing and desperately begging Jinhwan over the phone hours ago, he still needs to confirm it himself.

 

They move towards the right for Hanbin’s room, thinking that maybe he’s inside when there’s a sudden loud clang of metal falling off to the floor. The echo reverberates hard through the entire house, scaring them. June is now clinging desperately to Bobby while the rapper still won’t let Jinhwan’s arm go. “W—wh—what is that?!” June inquires, shivering and stuttering as their attention now is shifted to the kitchen area. Jinhwan walks towards the direction but Bobby and June are pulling him away.

 

“Hyung, what are you thinking?!” Bobby hollers while still whispering. “You can’t walk over there!”

 

“Then you want to stay here longer?! Come on, we just need to have a look. If it’s really Hanbin then there’s nothing to be worried about.”

 

“What if it’s not Hanbin hyung?!” June’s words like sending an alarm to both the elders. The youngest is now paling and shivering, he looks so small. Jinhwan almost feels sorry for asking him to come along. But he couldn’t afford to leave June alone. They’ve learned their lessons well from leaving members alone, bad things always happen whenever they’re alone.

 

Jinhwan sharply inhales when another loud clanging is heard. Looking at both his dongsaengs he said, “Then we run.” Not even waiting for any replies from those two, Jinhwan moves. They follow him along as they are entering the kitchen through the small sliding door. There’s no one inside, adding much chills down their spines. But they could see a frying pan and a pot lying over the floor as if being knocked down there by something. Bobby picks them up before placing it on the counter.

 

“There’s nobody in here….” He said with the other 2 nodding along. June is still clinging to Jinhwan for dear life.

 

“Could it be …. Rats?”

 

“Are you kidding me? These kids are clean freaks. They won’t leave anything dirty around.” Jinhwan utters to Bobby’s speculation. As they are about to leave the kitchen, they hear it; a distinct voice of a woman humming.

 

All three of them frozen to the ground, slowly they tilt their heads to the direction they believe is the source of the voice coming from. It’s right beside the large cabinet storing cups and glasses nearby the window. It’s completely dark with no lights to let them see anything. Jinhwan’s shaking hands bravely point his flashlight there.

 

Only to meet nothing. They all sigh in relief.

 

“What the hell—”

 

 

 

 

 

Out of nowhere there’s a face of a woman with blood spurting out from her torn out mouth. She’s standing right in front of their faces, tall and hideously hollering to them. The three scream out on top of their lungs and in fast reflexes Bobby pulls Jinhwan and June with him to sprint towards the main door. As they run for their lives; with the ghost still screaming deafeningly inside the apartment they have reached the door. Only for the large shoes rack beside it topples over the doorway, closing their exit. Not thinking much further, they run into the nearest room they can find; Hanbin’s.

 

When they get inside, the room is as darker as the outside. Bobby shuts the door and locks it, Jinhwan and June stick close to each other as the older is flashing the light to everywhere in the room.

 

The room is completely empty of any residence, just like what Chanwoo has said. Hanbin is not home yet.

 

The thing that gets them to that conclusion is the backpack, wallet and the favorite hoodie the leader always prefers to bring whenever he goes out for travelling are not around. Not to mention how tidy the bed is. Hanbin is clearly not at home and that sparks out fear to what both the vocalists have met earlier in the evening.

 

“I—If Ha—Hanbin hyung isn’t home yet….. t—then who was it we have been talking to, Jinan hyung?!” The moment June asks that to the oldest, the door shakes dangerously with loud bangs and ear-piercing hollering of a woman outside. They cower away from the wooden piece of furniture into the farthest corner of the room, bodies glued to each other. Jinhwan is holding tight the amulet they have been keeping one per each in his hand, he reaches it forward towards the door with the other hand clutching tightly the only source of light.

 

The bangings and screams continue on until they are convinced the door might break any minutes from now. But it doesn’t, and those violent hits to the door are finally gone. The same goes for the screams as well. Soon, the only audible noises in the dorm is the three’s loud panting and gulping of tight lump. They slide down the wall with relief and fear.

 

“We have to get out from here fast.” That’s all needed to be said from the rapper and they are on their feet towards the door. It takes all three of them to lift the shoe rack off the ground; luckily they got muscles for that. As they left, none of them take notice of the mess inside the whole apartment.

 

 

 

 

 

It strikes exactly 11:30PM when the train taking Chanwoo—and also Deok Hwan literally, arrives at the Seoul Station. They get off the train into the station to be greeted by two familiar faces at the waiting platform. It takes only seconds for Chanwoo to reach them both as he runs and hugs them tightly in his arms. His hug is much returned with comforting warmth.

 

“I miss you two so much!” Chanwoo swears he could cry but that could wait. He needs to let go of Yunhyeong and Donghyuk first or else they might die from lack of oxygen. The two laugh along at his childishness, they still have arms around each other while staring with fond eyes at their maknae.

 

“After all these months and Jung Chanwoo is still Jung Chanwoo.” Yunhyeong utters with a fond smile on his handsome face. Chanwoo’s heart burst in happiness for finally able to see him after months of unwanted separation. But mostly he’s elated to hear the lack of stutters and incoherent words from Yunhyeong. “Yunhyeong hyung, you’re talking normally again!”

 

The said man beams widely, as he hit Chanwoo at the side of his head softly. “Yah, are you saying I’ve never been talking well before?!” He fakes an anger, trying to hit the younger again but Chanwoo is quick to hug him back with one arm, pulling his favorite hyung closer to him.

 

Chanwoo attempts to pout and it is successful enough to draw laughter from both his hyungs, “Is that a bad thing?” He’s referring to Yunhyeong’s first statement.

 

“Never.” Donghyuk is the one answering him, his hold over the small of Chanwoo’s back tightens and it warms Chanwoo’s heart. “Nothing could be more of a blessing than that.” A smile lightens up on the maknae’s face as he is met with Donghyuk’s sincere one. There is a voice at the back of his head gnawing at him to stay away from Donghyuk after everything that has happened. But Chanwoo refuses to listen. No matter what, Donghyuk is his family and the truth that the other couldn’t control his actions that night is something Chanwoo believes. He knows both Donghyuk and him are just pawns in this never-ending game for his soul.

 

Besides, Chanwoo has no heart to push the older away. Not after knowing how Donghyuk feels….. Or so from what he has been learning on about by himself.

 

He thanked them for answering his text and coming to fetch him as they walk out from the station towards Yunhyeong’s father’s car. They discuss briefly on what they should do while walking towards the parking lot. He notices how cold the night is. Surely Seoul couldn’t be much colder than Mokpo but it’s making him wrapping his jacket much tighter to his frame.

 

“I have tried calling Hanbin too.” Yunhyeong said at one point. “But it reaches voicemail straightaway. I doubt he turns it off though.”

 

“Jinhwan hyung has called us few minutes ago. He said Bobby hyung, June and him went up to your dorm to see Hanbin hyung. But they found something else.” At Donghyuk’s words, Chanwoo turns to him with a frown on his face. Fear painted in his orbs while he prompts for the other three. Donghyuk calms him down. “Don’t worry, they are safe. But I think the demon is disturbing them when they got up. They’re safe in their dorm now.”

 

“I have told Jinhwan hyung not to come up! God, what’s he thinking?!” Chanwoo yells in frustration but the fear is visibly seething all around him.

 

“Trust me, I’m against the idea too but you know how Jinhwan hyung is. He’s stubborn. Though luckily they got away in time. I can’t even imagine what could have happened…” Donghyuk trails off as he remembers the night he is attacked in the practice room, and the night he’s attacking the maknae….. The amount of mishaps done by the demon is unbearable to be thinking about.

 

They climb into the car as Yunhyeong drives them away towards the dormitory to meet the others. Chanwoo is still trying to reach Hanbin but to no avail, like Yunhyeong has said every calls they have made will go straight to the voicemail box much peculiarly. Deok Hwan is sitting beside the maknae as he glances to Chanwoo’s phone. He sighs, “I know this might not be a good time but don’t you think you should have called Haneul-shii? You know, tell him you’re back in Seoul.”

 

Chanwoo gives a slight glance towards his friend, unnoticing to the way Donghyuk sitting at the front passenger seat becomes tense. Yunhyeong is driving per usual while giving his outmost focus to the street. Chanwoo shakes his head slightly, signaling Deok Hwan that he doesn’t agree with him making the ghost boy sighs loudly. At this moment, Donghyuk turns to look back at the maknae. “Did you say anything, Chanwoo?”

 

Chanwoo looks up from his phone, eyes widen in confusion to the question. “What did I say?”

 

“You said something just now, right? About Haneul hyung.” The perplexity on Donghyuk’s features rival Chanwoo’s shocking expression. They stare at each other without saying anything for a minute before the maknae takes his bearing together to ask him, “W—what are you talking about, Donghyukkie?” He turns to his right to face a much surprised Deok Hwan, then in a whiplash motion Chanwoo faces his hyung with an owlish eyes. “Could it be, can you hear him?”

 

“Hear who?” Donghyuk asks. “Isn’t that you speaking just now?”

 

“I didn’t say anything about Haneul hyung.”

 

“Yeah, Chanwoo said nothing about him.” Yunhyeong interjects from behind the wheel. He’s eyeing his two dongsaengs through the back mirror with much confused look. “In fact, nobody is saying anything Donghyuk-ah.”

 

Donghyuk’s whole body is shaking. His gaze hasn’t teared away from the maknae who’s looking at him in bigger shock. “W—What the….?” He breathes out shakily, not believing what is happening. His eyes then move to look around the backseat but there’s nothing out of place. Chanwoo is the only one sitting at the back. But if he said nothing just now, then who does? Whose voice is that?

 

Chanwoo’s exactly thinking the same thing like him. He turns to Deok Hwan once again, taking the ghost boy by surprised.

 

“Deok Hwan-ah, say something.”

 

“What? Why so sudden?!”

 

Chanwoo turns back towards Donghyuk and his suspicion is confirmed just by watching the ashen look of the dancer. Donghyuk’s eyes are big like saucers, face much pale with one hand covering his mouth. “Did you hear that Donghyukkie?”

 

Donghyuk nods in slow motion, clearly taken aback with his eyes widening. “Y—yes, I can h—hear that.” It’s Chanwoo now who has both his hands over his mouth. He gasps loudly, “, what’s happening?”

 

“Yah, what’s wrong with both of you?” Yunhyeong inquires as he’s finally looking between Donghyuk and Chanwoo—it’s red light and the car has stopped. He is confused why both of them are acting so shocked like seeing a ghost. “What’s going on? Is everything alright?”

 

Chanwoo is truly lost on how to make sure Yunhyeong won’t be scared though. He has been trying to be discreet about him having a ghost following them around. Chanwoo doesn’t want to scare s more but now it seems impossible to hide any longer. Not when it’s crystal clear that Donghyuk can hear Deok Hwan’s voice, which is absolutely bewildering for anyone to say. “Hyung, actually I didn’t come alone.” He starts off slow, taking in Yunhyeong’s attention with Chanwoo looking at the older straight in the eye. “I bring along a friend with me.”

 

“A friend? Where is he? Did we left him back at the station?”

 

Chanwoo gulps down the lump in his throat, feeling sorry to break the news to a clueless Yunhyeong. Meanwhile, Donghyuk is still in a mental breakdown. “No hyung, we didn’t leave him behind. He’s here with me.”

 

Yunhyeong’s brows almost knitted together as he looks to Chanwoo in perplexity. “What do you mean, Chanu yah?”

 

“He’s sitting right beside me.” Chanwoo watches slowly the realization dawned on his Yunhyeong hyung. “My friend is here, and only I can see him. But it seems like Donghyukkie can hear his voice too.” He explains as he witnesses Yunhyeong’s forehead relaxing though his whole face screams

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter