IT'S YOU

ALL THE BEAUTIFUL THINGS

The rain is heavily pouring down today. Namjoon got on a taxi instead of the bus. He wanted to escape standing for the whole hour of his ride to the office especially that it's the rush hour. Plus, a reported traffic incident made the road work a little bit of heavy load. He was staring outside the window as rain smashes on it hard when his phone rang intensely.

"Hello?"

He said as he was not able to see who the caller is, as he just hurriedly asnwered the phone, feeling embarassed about how loud his ringtone was for the taxi driver who's on his late 50s.

"Where are you right now?"

It was Mr. Yoon's voice. He seemed relaxed but Namjoon sensed a little bit of panic from his voice as well.

"I'm almost there, Mr. Yoon. Just stuck in a light traffic at the moment"

Namjoon replied

"Seokjin's looking for you. He gave you exactly 10 minutes. I guess it's an urgent thing"

Mr. Yoon said. Namjoon gasped. 10 minutes at this state won't do him any good. It isn't a free way right now and it's even raining for goodness' sake. His phone rang again and he answered it.

"You only have 8 minutes left"

Mr. Yoon said over the phone which made Namjoon grab his wallet, pulled some money to pay for the fare and hurriedly gets out of the taxi, ran and rode a public bicycle without any rain gear on his body.

"Aish! What's the time thing this time?! My boss is really something!"

Namjoon nagged as he pedal more. The company is actually a few meters away from where he was before, but he doesn't have the luxury or the authority to buy time. As soon as he reached the front of the company, his phone rang again.

"Three minutes left, whe-"

Mr. Yoon's timer mouth was put into a halt. Namjoon was still breathing heavily but he still hurriedly catched the elevator and pressed down the 49th floor. Other employees are judging him being all wet and everything, but he doesn't mind. They're not as important as his job right now. Until he was left alone in the elevator and the pace got faster as it already reached the floor he is going. But when the elevator's door slide open, his eyes met with Seokjin.

"Good day, President Kim"

Namjoon greeted only receiving an up and down look from Seokjin. He showed a displeasing look but he can't deny that he's a bit worried.

"Get changed and follow me at the rooftop"

Seokjin simply ordered. Namjoon bowed and hurried himself again to change. Thank goodness, there's some locker for him and Mr. Yoon who sometimes works pass due time, so he stores clothes in there. After Namjoon gets changed, the one floor gap was only 10 seconds away. He saw Seokjin with Mr. Yoon at the edge of the rooftop and he went to them. The heavy rain stopped already, the weather is teasing me, Namjoon thought.

"I'll see you later then, President Kim"

Mr. Yoon said as soon as Namjoon reached the two of them. Seokjin's eyes followed Mr. Yoon, making sure he was already out of the rooftop. Namjoon gave his greetings and Seokjin cleared his throat before speaking.

"Do you happen to know that company?"

Seokjin asked as his eyes are only directed to one direction, to the building of the same height as KGC's.

"Why, President? What's with Simjeong Shipping?"

Namjoon asked directly, sensing something he needs to do soon again.

"They've been sending threats to me eversince we're away. So cowardly"

Seokjin said

"Threats? Like?"

Namjoon asked, worried.

"Killing me"

Seokjin said as if it's not new to him already. Well, of course, it has been 2 years since Seokjin seated as President when the long reign top shipping company in Korea was changed. The ranking with KGC since then was never changed and the late topper wanted to get their positions back.

"And just this morning, I met the owner who's just two years older than me"

Seokjin started

"He gave me this"

Seokjin showed and handed the USB to Namjoon which he inspects a little bit and turned his gaze to Seokjin again.

"What's inside this?"

Namjoon asked

"Well, are you skilled enough to protect me?"

Seokjin asked, looking straight into Namjoon's eyes who at the moment was taken aback by the sudden eye  contact. Protect him? Namjoon asked himself as well. He himself has been constantly surprised about him being good in sports, but with guns and knives, he doubts it. But someway, somehow, he wanted to do his best to protect the man standing in front of him right now - just like how he wanted to protect Taehyung. But isn't it too different from the brotherly protection? But whatever.

"Decide after you watched what's inside that USB"

Seokjin said and walked out of the rooftop, leaving Namjoon alone without even sparing him a piece of his glance. Namjoon sighed and directed his sight back to Simjeong Shipping Company's Building. It wasn't KGC's fault if they had better management, Namjoon said to himself and hurried himself down as well to watch whatever's inside the USB.


*

"Where are we going?"

Taehyung asked Jimin. The two are walking along the street, wearing light pink shirts, almost white if you'd just pass by it, and being giddy without fear of being noticed by other people.

"It's a secret for now"

Jimin replied happily. Who could've thought that after all these years, they both had been hiding their feelings towards each other. And who would've imagined that their first date ever is happening today. Soon, the two arrived at an ice cream parlor and transformed from grown man to little kids.

"Wow ☆_☆"

Taehyung's eyes even sparkled. How he loves ice cream very much! Jimin picked their first stop very well!

"Let's order out and let's walk again to our next stop"

Jimin suggested. Both of them ordered strawberry flavored ice cream in three scoops and went out together hand in hand, with all smiles. Jimin even brought a monopod to record themselves in his phone.

"This is my life, Kim Taehyung"

Jimin introduced him

"Yah! That's..."

Taehyung can't finish his words as he became all red on his entire face. Jimin chuckled and became shy with Taehyung's reaction and started singing children's songs to take away the embarassment. 

They were happily walking side by side and singing along with each other, when someone suddenly caught Taehyung's attention. He stops and his eyes became shaky, frightened and the touch of anger filled him again.

"Taehyung-ah? Are you okay?"

Jimin asked, his eyes are very worried at Taehyung who's hands are now getting cold sweats.

"MO 5337"

Taehyung muttered

"What?"

Jimin asked again, getting confused at what Taehyung had just said

"13 years ago. That man. That man was in that car"

Taehyung said, his voice is too shaky, and a tear fell down from his eyes. For it wasn't just the police officer's badge Taehyung saw that time - he also had a glimpse of the man's nose and mouth, and a tattoo on its bare hands.

"What? Are you serious? I thought you-"

Jimin's sentence can't even find its end aa he realizes something.

"How far did you see about him, Tae? Anyway, calm down for now"

Jimin said as he pulled Taehyung for a comforting embrace. And in his arms, Taehyung said what he really saw that day and what other clues he has in mind all this time.

Meanwhile, in his rearview mirror, Joonsuk smirked silently but in the end, had his frightening glare.

"He saw me"

Joonsuk said in anger and smashed the honk of the car in frustration. He went directly to the junk shop to let his precious red sports car be smashed into pieces and used his now too big connections to make them delete any informations about his recent car leading to him.


*

"Step down or I'll kill you. Huh. I have too many men compared to you. You started this game, Kim Seokjin. You hired someone to kill my one and only family member left and after that, you and your company soared! You did that to be on power. Just wait and see, Kim Seokjin. I'll kill everyone in your family, everyone close to you, including you! Mark my words!”

Namjoon closed his laptop as soon some horror scene showed up. He doesn't know what to do. What to believe or something. Can Seokjin really do that?

"Jang Kihyun's sister was ually harassed by her own boyfriend and killed at the hotel room where they stayed. But Kihyun doesn't have any idea about his sister's love affairs. Seokjin was just 3 months sitting as President that time. And a month after, KGC ranked first and it never was changed for two years now. Kihyun had a severe depression that time and saw the progress of KGC and his company falling into 2nd in rank. He blamed it to Seokjin and his sister's boyfriend fled away with his crime"

Mr. Yoon said who arrived at the time Namjoon was on the last parts of the video.

"Mr. Yoon"

Namjoon muttered

"I'm not saying this to bribe your mind with my testimony. I'm saying this because Seokjin won the fight fairly"

Mr. Yoon said and tapped Seokjin's shoulders

"I'll be home early. I'll get going"

Mr. Yoon said and Namjoon bowed to bid his goodbye. He sighed as soon as Mr. Yoon was out of his sight and finally made up his mind. He walked towards Seokjin's office and knocked three times before opening the door.

Seokjin looked at Namjoon who's walking straight to him. He is wary of Namjoon's decision. He must have thought of quitting this job as well. And most importantly, he is afraid of Namjoon going away from him.

"President Kim"

Namjoon said and Seokjin sat just like a real President of a company, somehow keeping his nervous and afraid feelings from showing up.

"I have decided"

Namjoon said. Seokjin anticipated. But it was almost five minutes, but Namjoon haven't added anything yet.

"I understand that you don’t wa-"

Seokjin's words were cut off by Namjoon who was just, in five minutes time, was just gathering his strength to say the words that came out of his mouth.

"I will protect you"

Namjoon said loudly. Seokjin was surprised. He expected the other way around. He thought that Namjoon might have believed Kihyun.

"Why?"

Seokjin can only say that word. A question. A very lame question to ask for someone this brave.

"Because it's you"

Namjoon replied, making Seokjin his responsibility, because he became someone he treasures now.