(PART 1) IF TOMORROW WAS YESTERDAY

ALL THE BEAUTIFUL THINGS

(PART 1)

"Where is it?"

Namjoon desperately said as it has been an hour and he can't still find the thing he's been finding. It's actually a necklace chain he bought way back when he was still in college. He keeps on losing his key on his locker and Jimin suggested to put it on as a necklace, that way, it's tied always on him. And he'll be using it again today, to put on the ring Seokjin gave him. In the middle of searching, a loud thud surprised him, thinking that it came from their neighbors, he kept his calm and continued searching for it.

"Found it"

Namjoon said and immediately put the ring as a pendant on the necklace chain and wore it. He looked at the ring dearly and suddenly, the door to his room opened. A series of men in black surrounded him and at first he thought that it could be Yoongi's men but he was wrong. One, two - the sound of heavy footsteps made Namjoon's heart race in tension. Three, four - the urge to say a word left Namjoon.

"How is it playing games with me?"

Kim Seok Min said. Namjoon tried to stood up but Seok Min's men pinned him down on the floor.

"I bet my son now knows the hidden agenda with some of our businesses. I'm afraid that he will be brainwashed by a lowlife like you"

Seok Min said.

"Bring him"

Seok Min ordered. Namjoon was dragged down by his men. He tried to resist but there's no use. Inside the car, Namjoon's hands were tied at the back and Seok Min causually looks at him like he is some kind of an amusement. Namjoon kept his calm and silenced himself until they reached on the site where old container vans are disposed. The place is so quiet and the only light that sheds on the place comes from a single light post and the moon. Seok Min's men threw him on the rocky ground, giving him little scratches on his right elbow.

"We'll talk things through here, my nephew, Kim Namjoon"

Namjoon's eyes widened to the man who just arrived and spoke. It's Joonsuk, free and his eyes looks like he can kill Namjoon any moment.

"H-how..."

The only word Namjoon can say and with a stutter. Joonsuk laughed as he puts his left hand on Seok Min's right shoulder. He took out a gun from one of Seok Min's men and cranged it before scratching his temple with the tip of a Glock 47 pistol. Namjoon stood up and spit out towards Joonsuk's direction, causing the older to be triggered and slapped Namjoon's face with the pistol's grip, spouting blood out of the cut it made on Namjoon's upper left eyebrow, and the younger knelt to the ground.

"Your two friends who captured me are now enjoying top class beating and their few incompetent men were all killed. Do you want to join your friends or do you want to go first?"

Joonsuk provoked. He took a deep breath and let out a loud shout before spitting on Namjoon's direction.

"Ah, but no. That nosy police officer. I think I want to finish him first"

Joonsuk said and laughed like a crazy old man. Namjoon got up on his knees and threw himself on Joonsuk, making the two of them stumble off the ground.

"Don't you dare lay your hands on them!!!"

Namjoon shouted out of anger. But because of his tied hands, Joonsuk hit him again with the gun's grip on his head, making Namjoon unconscious.

"Kim Joonsuk. Let's handle this cleanly"

Seok Min said and left the scene. Joonsuk ordered the men to bring Namjoon inside of the containers and locked him up there. Meanwhile, Taehyung kept on calling Namjoon's phone but there was no answer. He called Jimin to try contacting him but the same goes for him. Jungkook tried to make Taehyung calm down.

"Stay here, I'll go and find hyung"

Taehyung said as he hurries himself to pack up his things.

"Stop, Kim Taehyung"

Seokjin said as he goes out of his room, finally feeling a little well, although he feels slightly dizzy and his vision is somewhat blurry.

"Mr. Yoon contacted me a second ago. He saw my father saving Joonsuk-nim"

Seokjin said. Taehyung snapped at what he heard and went directly to Seokjin, grabbing him on the neckline of his shirt.

"Tell Jimin to be here right now and beware of his surroundings. I'll order my men to watch over him"

Seokjin said as he pulls away Taehyung's hands.

"Hurry and give him a call"

Seokjin ordered.

"I'll do it"

Jungkook said as he knows that Taehyung is trembling in both fear and anger. Jungkook tried to call Jimin, but he's not picking up. He tried a few more times but there's no response. Taehyung's knees weakened as the thought of having Namjoon and Jimin be in danger right now. Seokjin called on his men to check the situation and after 30 minutes of waiting, his men brought Jimin safely.

"Why are you not picking up your phone?"

Taehyung asked and gave Jimin a tight hug as soon as he entered the office, which the latter gave back and kissed Taehyung's forehead.

"I'm sorry for worrying you. I found new evidences leading the case to Kim Joonsuk"

Jimin replied. He laid down the documents he had in his hands and told them the result of their investigation.

"The man Joonsuk killed also saw the smuggling and illegal operations your father is still doing. His name is Shin Gong Tae and he collects scraps for a living. Nobody noticed he's missing as he's living alone and had no family in Seoul. Our team tried to forward and appeal this case to the prosecution but we were rejected"

Jimin told. Seokjin clasped his fists at what he heard.

"Good thing he is in our hands now"

Jimin added.

"No, hyung. Seokjin's father saved him"

Jungkook said. Jimin's eyes widened in surprise and before he can threw a fit, Taehyung held his hands and shed a tear.

"They have Namjoon hyung too"

Taehyung said in a broken voice.

"Namjoon hyung isn't picking up my call. He went to the apartment but Seokjin's men already checked awhile ago and the apartment was wide open"

Jungkook said.

"I'm sorry"

Seokjin uttered.

"This is not your fault, hyung. We can do something to save them"

Jimin said.

"I'll try to reach the media with the new case, but at the same time, KGC's reputation will be affected. Will you be okay?"

Jungkook asked.

"I don't mind. I have to save my friends, Namjoon and even my father"

Seokjin agreed to Jungkook.

"Let's move to my house, we'll be safer there"

Seokjin added. The four of them, including Mr. Yoon and his family moved into Seokjin's place. The latter wanted to make sure that even Mr. Yoon will be safe and be in his check. Although he finds it surreal that his father would doubt Mr. Yoon, it's still the best choice to have him under his own watch. Jungkook contacted some of his friends in an underground community of hackers and only one of them is willing to take a risk to help him - Bang Yiran.

"Send me your article and I'll do my best to get into the web and even try to hack on live news"

Yiran said in their video call.

"Thanks, Yiran-ah"

Jungkook said.

"Yah, this isn't for free, Jeon Jungkook"

Yiran said.

"I will pay you the right price, just tell me anything"

Seokjin said.

"I don't really care about the money"

Yiran said.

"What do you want then?"

Seokjin asked.

"Yah, Jeon Jungkook. If I successfully hacked the systems and broadcast this news, promise me that you'll take me on a date"

Yiran offered.

"Uh...Yiran-ah"

Jungkook said in red ears.

"I'll take that as a promise. Send me the files as soon as you can"

Yiran said and cut off the call. Seokjin smiled a bit as the light atmosphere between Jungkook and that girl, Yiran, made him think that there's still beautiful things amidst their situation.

"Namjoon-ah, please wait for me"

Seokjin told himself silently. On the other hand, in a very dark place in the middle of a cold night, Namjoon struggled to get up and sit. He sighed as he gazes above the moon that's faintly showing from a hole above the container he is currently in. It's so cold that his lips started to get dry. It's December and even if he had his coat, the loneliness and the dark place added up to the coldness of the weather. He sighed and closed his eyes.

"Hyung"

Namjoon uttered. In a cold winter night, he remembered how Seokjin gave him a sweater and a scarf back. He smiled as he remembered how they walked side by side and the snow started to fall, just like how his tears started to fall from his cheeks at this very moment.

"H-hyung"

Namjoon called out in a broken voice, curling his knees close to his chest as he remembered how Seokjin comforted him with a hug.

"I...miss you"

Seokjin's voice echoed on his ears. They just met after so many years of waiting and longing. But here they are again, apart and unsure of the things that will happen. If he could turn back time, he would've said those three little words towards him. He could've hold onto him. He could've flee back to Korea and be with him. Namjoon looked up at the moon again, trying to keep his calm.

"I wish that you could still love me, Namjoon-ah"

Namjoon shed tears again as he remembered Seokjin's words.

"I still love you, hyung"

Namjoon said.

"Nothing changed"




*

If tomorrow sets the sky so bright
Can I hold you?
If tomorrow brings spring and blooms
Can I still see you?
If tomorrow turns out to a bliss
Can I go to meet you?
But if tomorrow was yesterday
I'll say those three little words
I love you

*