RED DRESS

ALL THE BEAUTIFUL THINGS

Namjoon signed the revised contract the President gave him yesterday. It was all set now and all Namjoon has to do is to listen to every order and errand the President will ask him to. But if it's not right for Namjoon's ears and principles, he's always ready to back out. For the mean time after the signing of contract, Seokjin ordered him to just stay in the office as he will step out alone by himself. Namjoon politely obeyed and just enjoyed playing games in his phone.

As the time is getting longer and longer, Namjoon gets bored and decided to roam around the office, getting himself a can of soda and drinking it as if it's a bottled water just so in case the President will scold him for touching stuffs in the office. He wandered more until he went to the President's desk, finding himself a comforting seat at the President's office chair. He swiveled around until he was on the window and saw how amazing the view is. Just like before, the beautiful sky painted in hues of blues and whites makes a shattered day be back in pieces again.

"Eomma, appa"

Namjoon called out to the skies, reminiscing the memories of his parents in his mind.

"Taehyung and I misses you two so much"

Namjoon said

"We're almost there, eomma, appa. Just wait a little bit"

Namjoon finished his sentence right when the door opened and threw the President in, looking directly at the person sitting on his chair, feeling like a corporate person.

"Kim Namjoon"

Seokjin called his attention and Namjoon turned the swivel chair around to face the person who called his name. And to his surprise, it's the President himself, Kim Seokjin, who owns the chair he is sitting at the moment.

"Pr-president Kim"

Namjoon startled and scrambled his way out of the chair, only stumbling his own self. Seokjin sighed and composed himself as he walks his way to the office.

"I hate it when my things gets messy"

Seokjin started as he gave a meaningful gaze to Namjoon

"Including someone else sitting in my chair"

Seokjin continued and Namjoon bowed to offer his apologies.

"Forget it. You're coming with me in my next meeting 10 minutes from now"

Seokjin ordered and Namjoon nodded politely. His gaze followed the President who went in to his own room inside the office and went out not too long with a paper bag on his hand. He headed straight to the waiting Namjoon and handed down the paper bag.

"Wear this. Get ready in 5 minutes"

Seokjin said and went inside his room again. Namjoon moved to the bathroom and checked what's inside the paper bag. A red knee-length dress with black accent, a red 3-inches cigarette heels open toe shoes, a curly brunette wig, and a red lipstick with a sticky note on top of it saying: 'Wear this. One turn on the lipstick colors your lips, two turns activates the voice recording and three turns makes it a weapon that can stun someone. It's a mission and no buts'.

"Huh. Me? Wearing this dress?"

Namjoon nagged badly inside the bathroom.

*

President Kim keeps two steps ahead of Namjoon as the latter experiences a hard time keeping steady with his heels on. The two kept walking on the parking lot as they heads to Seokjin's car. Namjoon pressed the car key sensor to open the doors of the car and made his way to the driver's seat, only to be stopped by Seokjin.

"I can't let a woman drive when I'm a man who can ride the wheels for her"

Seokjin said as he grabs the key away from Namjoon and takes the driver's seat first. But before Namjoon can even take a step to move to the other side, Seokjin threw another bomb.

"And you don't have a driver's license. I can't let a woman be jailed"

Seokjin remarked, his face literally enjoying the physical appearance of Namjoon right now. But he looks amazing in a woman dress up. Everyone can say that he looks like she at the very moment, excpet that he needs to be feminine-like. Seokjin drives to their destination. He's a fast driver, almost not minding the other cars who are running beside him. Namjoon on the other hand tries to keep his cool at the first five minutes of the ride, but it was no use for him.

"Straighten up, we're almost there. I need you to turn on the recording as soon as you get off this car and act in accordance with my own front. Got it?"

Seokjin said seriously. His laughy expression a while ago banished and his eyes looked too grim for this moment. Namjoon just nodded and tried his best to calm himself down. He needs to act, that's it. He ain't Taehyung for goodness' sake, he said to himself. His younger brother is a member of a theater group back when he was in his high school years and Namjoon's role was to support him. He never imagined to 'act' but now he's doing it.

Not so long, they've arrived at a hotel and went up to the 27th floor of the building. Namjoon loosens up as he prepares himself to act like a woman. And to his surprise, on the 20th floor, Seokjin grabbed his hand to put it on his arms. Namjoon's eyes widened and tried to free his hand but Seokjin resisted.

"Stay still. You..."

Seokjin started. Namjoon expected some words after that. His insides are shaking, not feeling well at the very moment. Must be Taehyung's feelings when he sees Jimin, Namjoon thought. But no, this isn't right. He's a straight man.

"...will be my aunt in this meeting. Pretend to be someone who's highly classified and suited to invest with me in this hotel. I need to make this ill owner believe in me before other companies will grab away my chance. You know, I wanted to manage a hotel"

Seokjin continued. The height of Namjoon's feels dropped heavily to the ground, even creating a massive hole like when remnants of asteroids hit the Earth. He coughed a bit before saying anything.

"Okay. Call"

Namjoon replied shortly. Seokjin smirked and the elevator made a sound signaling that they've arrived. Namjoon opened the red lipstick and made two turns to activate the recording. Seokjin made a knock and the door was opened by Mr. Nam's servant.

"President Kim Seokjin of KGC!"

Mr. Nam greeted. Seokjin put on his best smile to greet the old man back and do a handshake.

"It's nice to meet you again, Mr. Nam"

Seokjin said

"And by the way, this is my adorable aunt from the States. Mrs. Collins"

Seokjin continued and moved his way back to Namjoon, signaling him to start his acting.

"How have you been, Mr. Nam? I'm Mrs. Collins. My dearest nephew told me a lot about you"

Namjoon said, his English accent sounded like a he's been living in the States for decades of years, just like how Seokjin planned. And it seems like they got Mr. Nam's first stage of trust as he welcomed him in to have a chat on his office's mini living room.

"How old is your beautiful and stunning aunt?"

Mr. Nam asked with a wide smile. Namjoon acted up shy.

"I'm in my early 50s, Mr. Nam"

Namjoon said and chuckled a bit.

"You look like 18 in my eyes, Mrs. Collins. Are you divorced or widowed?"

Mr. Nam showed interest. Seokjin couldn't believe his ears. It seems like this old man likes his prompt. Namjoon chuckled again and tucked his wig on his ears, imitating a teenager who's been flirted by a campus heartthrob.

"I am widowed, Mr. Nam"

Namjoon started

"And I am a conservative person"

Namjoon continued which made Mr. Nam laugh. 'Why am I doing this?', 'If Taegyung finds out, he'll laugh his out like this old man too', Namjoon's thoughts varied.

"I heard you are investing your money in KGC?"

Mr. Nam said after having a sip of his tea, starting a more serious conversation. Namjoon nodded and took a sip of his tea as well.

"But you wanted to manage a hotel, which is out of KGC's hands? I was surprised when Mr. Kim visited me three days ago"

Mr. Nam asked. Namjoon nodded again.

"It has always been my dream, Mr. Nam. My late husband and I are on its way to build a hotel of our own..."

Namjoon said and paused in the middle as he gathers fake tears, supposedly, the best he can give for this kind of conversation. Seokjin was alert to hand him some tissues and patting hos hands on Namjoon's back.

"...but he got sick. 3/4 of our money went to his hospital fees as I don't want to give up on him"

Namjoon continued, wiping his eyes as really, a tear dropped from his eyes, a real one that even he himself didn't  expect. Mr. Nam nodded, as if he sympathizes or understands something. Seokjin observes him and is almost positive of having a closedeal. He just asked Namjoon to pretend to be someone who is suited to buy this hotel, but he maneuvered another tactic that he thinks is much better. Namjoon cleared his throat.

"So when I heard about this hotel closing, I rushed to my beloved nephew and asked for help. I know that his company is way out of handling a hotel. But I can't buy this hotel on my own, so he decided to help me in the end and make me invest"

Namjoon said

"I know it'll be bothersome for you to trust your long loved hotel in KGC's amateur hands in terms of this one. But will you trust me, instead? With KGC's influence and my passion and skills in management, this hotel will boom. I promise you that, Mr. Nam"

Namjoon continued

"At least, a chance for me to live mine and my husband's dream come true"

Namjoon stated. Seokjin at this stage took over the conversation. Any time soon, a line of other companies will hold a meeting with Mr. Nam. The only thing Seokjin can offer here is this plan. Money won't guarantee. Competitors will always find their own ways to bid the highest.

It was exactly lunch time when they finished. The contract has been signed. Mr. Nam already cancelled his next meetings with other companies and is entrusting everything on KGC. Seokjin's plan worked. Namjoon is a great choice among all the employees. Namjoon handed over the red lipstick to Seokjin too, as some proof the contract is indeed made in case there will be some sort of misunderstanding but of course, there will be no such thing. Namjoon is still in that red dress, feeling all itchy now because of the laces surrounding the neckline and on the short sleeves. Seokjin noticed it and chuckled a bit.

"Get changed. There's a pair of clothes at the trunk. And let's grab some lunch"

Seokjin said and Namjoon openly said his gratefulness. He is way too hungry from all the acting he had gone through. He even teared up. From his gratefulness, the glow up on his face even more brightened until his soft dimples showed as he mouthed another thanks to Seokjin who will buy him a meal. But rather than saying back his welcome, he was rather distracted of that soft dimples embedded on Namjoon's both cheeks, creating noises from honking cars who signals him to step on the accelerator because the light has turned green.