MISS THE BOAT

ALL THE BEAUTIFUL THINGS

"What?! Hyung!"

Taehyung complained as soon as Namjoon went home with the news of him, dating Catherine already.

"Taehyung-ah. Let Namjoon hyung date. He'll be 26 soon. It's already the ripened age"

Jimin said and tried to calm Taehyung down but that didn't work.

"Why? Do you like that Catherine girl too that's why you're siding with Namjoon hyung?"

Taehyung said which made Jimin widen his eyes and wave his hands as a signal that 'No, I don't like her'.

"Okay, fine. Do whatever you want but don't push me to like her. She's good, yes. But I just can't like her. Don't ask me why"

Taehyung said and proceeded to his room afterwards. Namjoon just sighed. He knows Taehyung might be seeing something else about Catherine. But Namjoon just wanted to give it a try. And before he could even place himself on the couch, he reveived a message from Catherine saying, "Good night, babe. I love you'. Namjoon smiled and replied, 'Sweet dreams, babe'.

Catherine on the other side of the telecommunication device was a bit disappointed at Namjoon's reply. There's no 'I love you too' on it. But she composed herself and convinced it that they are just starting. Saying I love you was really a bit early for the both of them. Nevertheless, she felt the happiest in the world right now that a man like Kim Namjoon is her boyfriend.

Meanwhile, Hoseok tried to discover what made Yoongi chuckled and smiled mysteriously yesterday when Seokjin arrived. He keeps on bugging his own boyfriend but Yoongi would just respond, 'You can tell by just a glance, baby' and Yoongi will smile again. So Hoseok decided to just ask Seokjin himself.

"Seokjin hyung!"

Hoseok called and went to Seokjin who's packing up for his flight to US later today. His business trip to America will be starting and he is getting ready to meet their partners and maybe new investors as well.

"What is it, Hoseok-ah?"

Seokjin asked without even sparing a glance at the younger. His mind is now filled with schedules and what to do here and there as soon as he arrived in the US. His business trip schedule is a bit heavy there as well. Just like what he said, the drive is his only sleep.

"Do you feel sad about firing Namjoon?"

Hoseok asked directly which made Seokjin to stop what's he doing in an instant. Seokjin looked at Hoseok with a blank expression before realizing that his eyes shows its transparency on its own.

"You did. Then why did you fire him, hyung? Can you tell me about it?"

Hoseok asked and pleaded

"I fired him because of my father's order. I can't let him enter the realm of danger, Hoseok-ah. And yes, when Namjoon disappeared in front of me, I was really saddened"

Seokjin finally told him after the various push and pulls between his ownself.

"Even now. Honestly, I am still sad"

Seokjin added and sighed

"I don't even know the exact reason why, Hoseok-ah. Actually, going here was just me and myself being reminded with eveything we did here"

Seokjin told

"Hyung, Namjoon must have really carved something big deep within you. I don't know what will be your interpretation or how will you take it but when Yoongi got angry towards me back in middle school, I felt like I could do every impossible thing just to receive his forgiveness. That's when I realize that I can't bear to lose him and that I need him in my life because I love him"

Hoseok said

"Do you still care about him? Do you think about his welfare now, hyung? Do you wonder what's he doing?"

Hoseok asked and Seokjin immediately nodded.

"Sometimes, really, not having the person beside us can speak thousands of words on how important are they for us"

Hoseok said

"I know. I know that Namjoon is important, Hoseok-ah. That's why I fired him"

Seokjin said. Hoseok just smiled and nodded as he places his hands on Seokjin's shoulders

"If the two of you ever meet again, what do you think will you do, hyung?"

Hoseok asked. Seokjin thought for a moment. What would he do? Maybe ask him how he's doing? Or maybe say sorry to him with the sudden firing he made? Or tell him that he's one of the persons he truly cares?

"I'm not sure"

Seokjin replied which only made Hoseok to nod.

"Hoseok-ah. Yoongi and you are two different people - very contrasting, right?"

Seokjin asked and Hoseok hummed

"That's why you two are my relationship goals"

Seokjin remarked and Hoseok laughed loudly before smacking Seokjin's shoulder, only to be hit back by Seokjin and it's way more hurtful.

"Ghad! Hyung! Are you planning to kill the muscles in my arms?!"

Hoseok complained and Seokjin hissed

"What I'm trying to say is that - maybe I don't like girls. Maybe I like Namjoon, to be exact"

Seokjin said and Hoseok's eyes widened in surprise. Seokjin laughed awkwardly with his cheeks and ears turning red as Hoseok was too slow to respond on what he said.

"Yah! Jung Hoseok!"

Seokjin called his attention in a desperate way but the younger only gave him a hug in response and a little sniff.

"Yah, what's wrong?"

Seokjin asked

"Hyung, when you see Namjoon again, whenever, whereever and whatever situation he is in, tell him that he's important to you. Don't miss your chance, okay?"

Hoseok adviced and Seokjin nodded in agreement

"I won't miss my chance, I promise"

Seokjin said


*


If there is a thing that Peter can be most thankful for, is that he has a friend beside him named Ken. If Peter is diagnosed with being mentally incapable, Ken is born blind and deaf who was just thrown away by his parents at the mental facility just to avoid disgrace in the family. That's why it's easy for Peter to say those words last time towards Mrs. McAdams.

The comparison is him towards Ken. It's a shame that he isn't gifted the eyes to see and the ears to hear, it's a triple kill to be exact. Being left unnoticed, being blind and being deaf. Isn't that a very rare condition? That's why Peter always considers himself lucky - that he is only mentally retarded.

And because his curiosity towards Ken's condition, he forced himself to study braille, just so to talk unhearbly towards Ken. And they became good friends at that moment. Ken felt he was never alone. "How are you?", are the words Peter wrote in braille for Ken. "I'm good", Ken replied, pointing out each letters in braille as well.

"If only you can hear me, then I can hear your voice as well", Peter said again in their own way of communicating. "If only I have learned to hear the sounds of the words, then I can speak. Oh, and I want to hear your voice too", Ken replied. Peter smiled and pinched Ken's cheeks, expressing his delight. "For now, let's be contented with this. Just remember, I am your friend", Peter said.

Seokjin closed his tablet again as soon as he finished reading another chapter. And just right in time, he arrived in Los Angeles, USA. Mr. Yoon isn't with him. He has an emergency in Korea regarding his family. So Seokjin is going alone in this business trip without any secretary beside him. Just a pen recorder to assist him.

Seokjin grabs his luggage and went directly to the chauffer service he called to direct him to his reserved hotel. The ride was not that long either as he preferred a short ride so that he can sleep a bit before beginning his business here for the next five days.

On the other side of USA are two people walking along the snow-filled alley, holding hands and happily sharing stories. You can see and say that they are a typical couple, sweet and showy on their early stages. Namjoon and Catherine are actually heading for shopping. This kind of being inclined with fashion can we say that it made them closer too.

Actually, these two had a photoshoot and it's just their little break time before coming back to the hotel, going up to its rooftop and Catherine will shoot another pictorial.

"Shall I buy some glasses?"

Namjoon asked

"Oh, sure! Let's find your new glasses"

Catherine replied. The two walked again to the shop where different kinds of sunglasses, fashion glasses and corrected glasses are located. Namjoon immediately went to one corner that caught his attention.

 "Shall I try some?"

Namjoon talked to himself and picked a square-type black and white glasses and put it to try it out. He looked at the mirror and abruptly turned to Catherine.

"Is it okay?"

Namjoon asked. But Catherine was more of the shocked and giddy situation.


And she went giggling and laughing shyly with reddened cheeks in front of Namjoon.

"Why? Do I look funny?"

Namjoon asked and put out the glasses as he pats his face, checking if there's something funny for her to laugh at.

"No, no. You look gorgeous, babe. I'm just having butterflies"

Catherine explained, still having her red cheeks. Namjoon chuckled and pinched Catherine's cheek before trying out another glasses.

Meanwhile, it was already 10am when Seokjin woke up. He only had an hour sleep but that's more than fine for him. He took his clothes and arranged the papers he needs for the first meeting he will have and headed out of the hotel.

He was too busy looking at the papers, trying to review whatever points the investors would like to ask for him. The elevator finally signaled that he already is in the ground floor. The elevator door finally opened. And when his head went up to start walking his way out - he saw the man he was deprived to see for over a year now.

Seokjin's eyes widened as well as Namjoon's. Both were surprised at the sudden meet up. Namjoon doesn't know what to do. He was fired by this man without a valid reason, but at the same time, this man in front of him stirred him up and down a number of times in a positive way. Seokjin too doesn't know what to do. His heart is too naughty and he just wanted to stare at Namjoon.

But everything went blank - a canvass without a painting, a paper without a writing. Seokjin just realized one thing - it's too impossible now.

"Babe!"

Catherine clinged onto Namjoon's arms after finishing a short talk at anacquaintance. Seokjin swallowed before  smiling awkwardly and walked out of the elevator and just passing by Namjoon, breaking his promise, and missed his chance.