JENGA

ALL THE BEAUTIFUL THINGS

"HYUNG! HYUNG!"

Taehyung shouted at nearly 3 in the morning. He's running around their house like there's been someone who sneaked inside and took their things. But no, that isn't the thing. Taehyung is just too hype to even control his voice. Even Jimin and Jungkook was awakened from the other side, and maybe even their neighbors as well.

Namjoon scrampled out of his bed, scratching his head still with closed eyes and evidences of evening dreams on the side of his lips. He grunted his way out of his room and doesn't even mind about how messy he looks right now - even messier that how Taehyung wakes up in the morning. His hair is directed into too many directions, spiking up and curling. Taehyung just smacked his forehead at how his older brother looks like now and tries to signal him quietly about what's going on, wishing that he will open his eyes for goodness' sake!

"What the heck are you making a fuss about Kim Taehyung?!"

Namjoon said with a voice very pissed off as he turns his gaze to Taehyung who just implanted a very awkward and embarassed smile towards him. Namjoon didn't hear an answer so he rubbed his eyes harshly and opened them, showing a beautiful flower in front of him, making him think that he's still dreaming. He smiled unknowingly and giggled like a teenage girl who saw her crush passing by the hallway.

Taehyung cleared his throat, but Namjoon is still doing that stupid and crazy look on his face. He sighed and went towards his older brother, smacking his head to make him go back to his right mind.

"Aw! Why did you wake me up?!"

Namjoon's words made Seokjin chuckled and that caught his real attention back to Earth.

"P-president K-kim?!"

Namjoon uttered with wide eyes, surprised at the very unexpected situation he is in, and feeling totally embarassed as he smacks his own forehead and ran back to his room and tidy up his messy evening self.

"I'm sorry for that. Namjoon hyung usually wakes up at 5am and is very tidy!!!"

Taehyung defended his own brother as he sensed something crazy going on on the insides of his hyung when he saw this so called President Kim in front of him.

"I know"

Seokjin said and chuckled. Meanwhile, Jimin and Jungkook went to see what's going on as they were awakened as well, so Taehyung opened the door for them.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt? What happened? Why are you shouting?"

Jimin simultaneously asked Taehyung and checks him. Taehyung just smiled and assured Jimin that he's fine and the latter hugged Taehyung in relief. Seokjin saw it and smiled. They reminded him of Hoseok and Yoongi, so he knew immediately. His thoughts were broken when Jungkook came to him.

"Hi"

Jungkook greeted

"Well, hi"

Seokjin replied

"What's your name? I'm Jungkook"

Jungkook said again, being all cheery

"I'm Seokjin"

Seokjin replied

"Yah! Jeon Jungkook! Move. Tell Taehyung to go with you at Jimin's house for now!"

Jungkook was about to ask another question but Namjoon interrupted immediately as he saw how close the younger upon interrogating Seokjin.

"Wow, hyung. You look like some jealous boyfriend"

Jungkook teased and Seokjin chuckled at the statement. The three of them went out, and finally, Namjoon had a peace of mind.

"What brings you here early this morning, President?"

Namjoon asked. Seokjin took his leather case and pulled some paper out of it, placing on top of the table. Namjoon took it and scanned a piece of A4 paper. But it has been over ten minutes, Namjoon is still stuck on it, not even realizing that he has been working out his brain too much.

"That's the expected results I want to get"

Seokjin finally said

"Oh"

That was the only word that came out from Namjoon's mouth. He is still not understanding anything written on the paper! Or rather, he is not absorbing whatever's written on the paper.

"So, are you going to go with whatever plan I have in mind?"

Seokjin provoked Namjoon to answer immediately. The paper simply said 12 words. "IF I WIN, YOU'LL OWN ONE OF MY CONDO UNITS - FULL TIME"

"Kim Namjoon, I hate it when someone's leaving me hanging"

Seokjin said

"Yes. I'm on it, President"

Namjoon fastly replied. For a moment, he imagined him, Taehyung and Jimin, maybe even Jungkook, living in a condo unit in full comfort and security.

"Good. If I win, I'll also take into consideration about changing everything inside the unit and make it the way you want it"

Seokjin said and earned an excited nod from Namjoon

"And by the way, tomorrow's the competition day"

Seokjin added

"C-competition?"

Namjoon's eyes widened in surprise. He wasn't oriented about this, though the prize is really big.

"Jenga"

Seokjin said

"J-je-jenga?"

Namjoon shook. His hands started to tremble. 'Ghad, I'm not good with this!', Namjoon shouted to himself.

"A different kind of jenga"

Seokjin said

"What, what kind?"

Namjoon asked

"See you tomorrow. And wear something very presentable"

Seokjin added and walked his way out of Namjoon's apartment. Taehyung, Jimin and Jungkook were eavesdropping the whole time and went inside to Namjoon.

"Let's practice!"

Jimin said

"Yes hyung! You can do jenga better than the three of us if you practice, like now!"

Taehyung cheered

"I'll get the pieces at Jimin hyung's! Be back! Get ready hyung!"

Jungkook said and ran his way out to get the jenga pieces.

"Who would've thought that I will play jenga after all these years?"

Namjoon said with sulkened shoulders

"Come on, hyung! Jenga is cool! Just give it a try again!"

Jimin cheered him again, an angel, for real!

"Okay! Let's start!"

Jungkook said and readied the pieces. And for the whole day, with only eating hours as their break, the three younger boys are helping Namjoon be gentle of the jenga pieces and get his way to win the game!

"AH YES!"

Namjoon shouted and even stood up with a celebratory dance after winning against the three for the 10th time now.

"Okay! You'll win the condo unit hyung!"

Jungkook said

"You're not coming with us"

Taehyung argued

"What? Why?"

Jungkook asked

"Stay here. You don't have to go with us. Really!"

Taehyung can't even give the exact answer. Jimin just laughed at the both of them but Namjoon was silent. Seokjin's words came to his mind, that this is a different jenga competition. So he hurried himself on his own room and started burning his eyebrows in studying and searching up every business related stuffs that KGC is handling and is planning to handle still.

6 am, Namjoon is riding on a car together with Seokjin on their way to Ilsan. Namjoon is still reading something on the Internet and Seokjin looked pleased about the scene he is seeing right now. Sooner, they've reached the place where the said competition is held.

"There comes Jang Kihyun"

Seokjin said all of a sudden as another car stopped in the entrance and threw a man out who's tall and very white in complexion, but is very masculine in physique and facial features. It almost made Namjoon choke about his own decision, protecting Seokjin from that kind of guy.

"He'll be your top contender in this jenga competition"

Seokjin said

"I hope you practiced moving blocks"

Seokjin added

"Yes, of course President"

Namjoon added. Seokjin patted his shoulder and chuckled before saying

"Big blocks"

Namjoon's eyes widened by the word "big", so that means, physical strength is really needed! How he wishes Jungkook's masculinity will possess him for this challenge. Namjoon snapped out of his own imaginations and followed Seokjin inside the hotel.

A few moments later, the competition started. It has always been Simjeong Shipping as the top contender eversince this Business Jenga Competition is build three years ago, and no doubt, even if Simjeong's ranks 2nd in shipping, Kihyun won the greatest investment in one of the big networks in Korea and been winning minor prizes that will surely help him gain power and attack Seokjin in no time. Seokjin just watched him battle this whole time but now, he decided to bet on Namjoon, for good.

And in no time, Simjeong Shipping played by Jang Kihyun entered the final round already as representative of bracket A. He is really on fire, especially that this year, the grand prize is winning the Brand L of the cosmetic world of Korea, as the widowed owner with no child, wishes someone very intelligent, very highly capable and very cheerful to handle her very loved company, once and for all. She wants her company be loved and be maintained the way it always used to be.

Meanwhile, Namjoon is currently working hard to defeat Mr. Oh Pil Young from a telecommunications company at the semifinals round in Bracket B.

"Can't think any farther, kid?"

Pil Young teased Namjoon who has been stuck in moving the blocks in the lethal move that the older gave. But he is not really stuck. He already had a block to remove, only that, the crucial thing is for him to place the block on top where this man he is fighting against with will have no choice but to move a block that will make the pieces go down the drain.

"3 minutes left"

The judge said. Namjoon smirked as soon as he saw the hole. He slowly removed his already picked block, successfully as he imagined, and put the block on the top left side, a little bit slanted.

"Your turn, Mr. Oh Pil Young"

Namjoon politely said and smiled with his dimples. The older picked his block successfully, but the moment he put his block on top, the jenga pieces fell down in front of his eyes.

"Good game, young man. Maybe you can defeat that 3-peat champion. You know, big blocks are coming your way"

Mr. Oh Pil Young said as he sincerely rooted and gave some prior notice to Namjoon. Seokjin went to him and patted his shoulders.

"You can lift weights, right?"

Seokjin asked and Namjoon slowly nodded, almost hesitant.

"Your brain can win this, but I also need you to hang in there and lift those weights"

Seokjin said

"I'll be winning this, for you and KGC, President Kim"

Namjoon said and patted Seokjin's shoulders in return. The final rpund started and big Jenga blocks came out, each block having a variety of weights. Each turn has a prior question related to business and everything about business. If they answered correctly, their designated color (blue and red) jenga blocks will move up. The first one to reach the top will be the winner. But if you got the answer incorrect, you'll be punished by carrying the Jenga blocks with weights in accordance to what you will pick in a fish bowl. It's a battle of wit, strength and determination after all.

The final round finally started after the reading of instructions. Namjoon and Kihyun are getting head to head in answering the questions. Everyone is so hyped up as the two of them answers everything, confidently and accurately. Some of it were even high school based questions that most of them already forgot. But almost all of them roots for the newbie, Kim Namjoon.

"Next question, as both of you are already in the middle stage of this jenga competition, it will be situational-based. Give your own reasons and stands, and our honorable judges will score your answer fairly and justly. However, the lowest among you two will cary the weights as punishment"

The host said and everyone cheered again but some are even calling it harsh as this was not included in last year's rules and regulations.

"Tomorrow is field trip day of the company"

The host started the question, without even listening to the audiences.

"You were tasked to keep the expense money even though you aren't from the finance department. And as everyone's ready to get on the bus, half of the money went missing. Who's fault is it gonna be?"

The host said. Everyone said that the question seemed too provoking and that it doesn't even have a concrete base to be even considered as a question. But the both of them answered anyway.

"No ones. Maybe it's a challenge for you to be able to know how to handle crisis management. Who knows? The President of the company might have planned it to hone you. Always think the positive way to be able to succeed"

Namjoon answered

"The President of the Company. Why? It all started with the head. Even if you intended good, you will make a shock out of everybody. Who will trust that employee sooner? That'll only damage one's reputation"

Kihyun answered. And the judges scored - 10,9, in favor of Kihyun. Namjoon picked on the fish bowl and received a 15kg, Jenga block to start with. The questions keep on coming. Sometimes, Namjoon wins with a five points difference but still, Kihyun is ahead in total score by 7. And the last question will determine everything. A total of 45kg has been on Namjoon's arms and only a 25kg for Kihyun who's much more musculated. Namjoon sweats a lot but he has to win this for Seokjin. No matter what.

"Down to the last question!"

The host announces

"If you're going to pick one thing that'll represent the whole company, what will it be, and why?"

The host said

"Money. That simple. Money makes the company revolve. Without it, it can't operate and it can't pay the workers that works behind the operations. If there is no fund to support the whole company, it won't run. It will fail"

Kihyun answered, very certain of his answer.

"Ah, and one more thing"

Kihyun said and turned his gaze to Seokjin's direction

"Money dictates victory"

Kihyun statedbut Seokjin just looked at him blankly. His business partners and friends cheered for his answer and everyone applauded as well. That was the safest and direct answer that can be given. Now, it's Namjoon's turn. Everyone is anticipating for his answer. Money is already given, the strongest competitor amongst all.

"I'd pick...the pen"

Namjoon said. Everyone got confused, why a pen? Even Seokjin was confused but he believes on whatever words Namjoon can create.

"Why the pen? It's simple. It's very handy. And it's everywhere around the company. From the security team, the information desk, the cafeteria personnels, the humble cleaners, the employees, and up to the head of the company, the President and the Director. Everyone has pens"

Namjoon continued and almost everyone who are bickering, paused.

"Pens to write down important reports, pens to write down directions for visitors, pens to check what's finished on the menu list, pens to write down their logs, pens to write down reminders and paperworks to do, pens to sign papers, pens to make a deal in the contract. Without it, a company is nothing"

Namjoon still says powerfully with the already heavy weight that makes his knees tremble.

"How can a company operate without every little detail a pen writes down coming from each of the persons working around the company? It's too fragile to be lost. Let's say there is technology that can eliminate the worth of these pens. But can you still say it, when one day, when all of this world became in greed and be caught up in the wordliness of advancement, a pen can always remind someone of the simplicity it once brought into us. The simplicity of it into your memo pad and the bright ideas that it sketches"

Namjoon still continued though he is in danger of the jenga blocka falling from his hands.

"You know, that black ink coming from our pens, can always make a difference in the furture of the company. Because everything in a company, can be possible, because there is - the pen"

Namjoon finally finished his statement. Everyone was silent, refelcting on what he had said. And as if on cue, everyone started to shout their praises, including the judges' standing ovation.

But it all came back in his head. His fear. His most feared day, coming back to him all at once today. The loud cheer, the standing ovation. His eyes wandered around the venue, searching for his long lost parents. But instead, he saw someone else.

Kim Seokjin.

And his fears crumbled apart in an instant, just like the jenga pieces falling down from his hands before the final bell echoed.