FINALE (Pt.1) - Little Things

ALL THE BEAUTIFUL THINGS

"Is my son okay?"

Seokjin's mother asked with tears on her eyes as she holds on the doctor's hands.

"He really needs a surgery right now. It must be too much stress and overwork that triggered the tumor, is he under a lot of pressure right now? The tumor had grown bigger even before we can conduct its total removal"

The doctor said.

"Will surgery save him?"

Seok Min asked.

"Yes but about his vision that's being affected, I have to refer you to an opthalmologist after the surgery. Then..."

The doctor said and left.

"Honey...our Seokjin"

Seok Min clasped his hands as he pulled his wife in an embrace. Seok Min grabbed his phone on his pocket as he receives a call from one of his men.

"What is it?"

Seok Min asked.

"Kim Namjoon is having a high fever, Director. He's been unconscious and now he's shaking. What shall we do, Director?"

Seok Min clasped his fist as Seokjin is being escorted to a VIP room.

"There is! Kim Namjoon is still in danger because of you", Seok Min remembered what his son said awhile ago. "Release him, leave him alone. Only then I can obey you" , Seok Min sighed.

"Bring him to the hospital"

Seok Min said and hanged up.

"Who are you really in my son's life, Kim Namjoon?"

*

Taehyung, Jimin and Jungkook hurriedly rushed to the hospital as soon as they received a call from the nurse's station. Namjoon is sitting up and having his hospital dinner when the three arrived in his hospital room.

"Hyung!"

Taehyung shouted and gave Namjoon a tight hug, causing the older to cough up from the food that is still inside his mouth.

"I...I'm...I'm sorry, Taehyung-ah"

Namjoon said and shed a tear, causing Taehyung to get confused by the tone of his uttered words.

"It's okay, hyung. You're safe now, it's okay"

Taehyung tried to comfort him but Namjoon kept saying his forgiveness.

"Seokjin...Seokjin hyung is here. Beside this room, that's where he is"

Namjoon said.

"I got a deal from his father, Taehyung-ah"

Namjoon continued.

"What is it, hyung?"

Taehyung asked nervously.

"To be with him"

Namjoon said.

"Isn't that good news? Why are you crying and saying you're sorry, hyung?"

Taehyung asked.

"To be with him, we'll let his father's and our uncle's crime buried"

Namjoon said. Taehyung frowned and looked at Namjoon in disbelief.

"And you agreed, right?"

Taehyung asked.

"I'm sorry"

Namjoon replied and tried to reach out for Taehyung's hands but the latter pulled back.

"Are you...throwing out our parents?"

Taehyung asked.

"No. No, Tae. That's not it"

Namjoon said.

"Ha! You're willing to throw everything away for him?! Hyung! I know that you love him but isn't it unfair for our parents, to die just like that? How about all the things we've been through?!"

Taehyung argued and Jimin went to his side to calm him down, but it didn't work.

"HYUNG!!! You were the one who told me that we'll catch the culprit and make him pay for his crime. Now that we've found them, now that Jimin found a way to put our uncle behind the bars, now that we're almost there, you're going to give up?"

Taehyung said in tears.

"Seokjin hyung is in critical state, Taehyung-ah. I want to be there for him, just this time"

Namjoon reasoned.

"What about me?"

Taehyung asked.

"...I'm sorry"

Namjoon said.

"Ha...Hyung, I never wanted to be a lawyer but I did"

Taehyung said.

"But now, I regret it so much, trusting your words on that day our parents died and even lying to you when I put my life on the line"

Taehyung continued.

"So as you know, the man whom you're about to let go from the hands of justice, tried to kill me by stabbing me"

Taehyung said, revealing his secret that Joonsuk came to him before, and walked out of the room. Jimin followed him immediately.

"Hyung, must you really do this?"

Jungkook asked.

"He promised to keep everyone safe. Have I made the wrong choice, Kook?"

Namjoon asked but the younger just sighed and tapped Namjoon's shoulder before going out. Meanwhile, Jimin finally got a hold on Taehyung after the long chase.

"Taehyung-ah"

Jimin called softly and Taehyung faced him with tears continuously running down his face. Jimin smiled softly and wiped his tears, only making Taehyung to cry more in his lover's embrace.

"Namjoon hyung waited for 18 years to know who killed your parents. I'm sure he knows and never forgets the reasons why we all had to go through everything"

Jimin said.

"He knows how dangerous it is to face a man like Kim Seok Min, moreso, Kim Joonsuk"

Jimin added.

"But Tae, while he was waiting to know who the real enemy is, he also waited for Seokjin hyung along those times"

Jimin said as he let Taehyung face him.

"And today you told him about your stabbing incident, I guess that will give more than enough reason for him to not go back on his words"

Jimin said.

"Seokjin hyung, probably needs him more than anyone else. Maybe that's why his father made such an awful deal"

Jimin added.

"But after this, I have a feeling that Seokjin hyung will finish the game his own father started. For during those times when we were planning everything, I saw how much he loves Namjoon hyung to be able to go against his father"

Jimin said.

"So, Taehyung-ah. Namjoon hyung needs you too. He has to lean on someone too in order to go through the deviance he made with his own principles. I know, he also did it because he wants to be with Seokjin hyung, but the weight of doing it for your own safety is bigger"

Jimin added and flashed a sweet smile towards Taehyung.

"Jimin-ah"

Taehyung called in between sobs.

"Will...you do the same? If I were in Seokjin hyung's place, will you do what Namjoon hyung did?"

Taehyung asked and Jimin pulled Taehyung into another hug, caressing his back.

"I'm sure I will"

Jimin said and Taehyung bursted out in tears again.

"I'm sure your parents may also want you two to have your own life free from the pain of the past"

Jimin said.

"And I...I will always be here with you, so you don't have to worry too much. Uhm?"

Jimin added. Jungkook smiled after hearing Jimin's words for Taehyung. More than anything else, he thought that Namjoon hyung's decision is probably the best option for all of them.

*

The sound of the monitor echoes around the silent hospital room. Seokjin moved his head as he started to gain his consciousness causing the person lying his head on Seokjin's hands to look at him, checking for progress after three days of unconsciousness.

"Hyung!"

That voice that spoke. Seokjin slowly opened his eyes, looking at the man. Blurry and hazy, Seokjin smiled in relief.

"You're...safe, Namjoon-ah"

Seokjin uttered. Namjoon turned to him and clasped his hands.

"Uhm. You too, hyung. You're finally awake"

Namjoon said, kissing the back of Seokjin's hand and leaned on it.

"Hyung"

Namjoom called.

"Uhm?"

Seokjin hummed as a response.

"I...I'm going to hold on this hand forever"

Namjoon said and looked at Seokjin's eyes, sincerely and loving.

"사랑합니다, 석진형" (I love you, Seokjin hyung)

Namjoon said and smiled widely as tears fell down his cheeks.

"나도. 사랑합니다, 남존아" (Me too. I love you, Namjoon-ah)

Seokjin said in response.

"AYE!!! Isn't it that the atmosphere here is too sweet?"

Hoseok said after revealing themselves from hiding, listening to their sudden confessions. Seokjin couldn't help but smile widely as he recognizes little by little the faces of his friends, Hoseok, Yoongi and even Jungkook, Jimin, and Taehyung.

"Hyung, after you recover, let's all head together to somewhere we can fully enjoy ourselves"

Taehyung suggested.

"Ah! It must be your treat for his recovery"

Taehyung added as he points out to Namjoon.

"Yah. I don't have that much money to pay for seven persons"

Namjoon argued and everyone laughed at his reaction. The seven of them talked all night, trying to make Seokjin less nervous as his surgery date is coming near. Namjoon never left Seokjin's side and stayed with him, catching up to all the years they've missed while watching Jungkook do his news report on television and having random phone calls with Taehyung when he gets annoyed with his clients. Jimin visits the hospital from time to time or when he patrols near the area. Hoseok and Yoongi went to Hawaii, checking briefly their fourth resort branch and will be coming back on Seokjin's surgery date.

And the day finally came. Seokjin held Namjoon's hands tightly as he looks at his face, instilling in his mind how beautifully handsome Namjoon is. There is no guarantee that he'll see Namjoon with his own eyes again, he's just preparing himself for the worst case.

"Hyung, don't worry. I'll be outside the operating room the whole time, okay? And I'll be the first one you'll see when you wake up"

Namjoon gave his assurance although he's the most nervous person right now. Slowly, slowly, time tickles, slowly. All of these happened while Kim Seok Min reflected deeply on himself. His wife managed to know everything as Mr. Yoon spilled the beans on her after making sure his family safely fled to Canada and filed his resignation to their service. This caused him to have a big fight with her wife and even to his two other sons, Seokjin's brothers. Joonsuk kept on bothering him with all the evidences he got just to merely save himself out of this mess, he even tried to escape but Seok Min was quick enough to hold him captive.

"Director Kim, Mr. Park is here to see you"

Seok Min's secretary notified him and a few seconds after, Jimin entered Seok Min's office.

"Mr. Kim Seok Min, you are under arrest for illegal smuggling of firearms and illegal buying and selling of drugs"

Jimin said firmly. Seok Min nodded his head and walked towards Jimin, showing his hands linked together, signaling Jimin to cuff him.

"You..."

Jimin said

"...are also under arrest...for being the mastermind in killing Namjoon hyung and Taehyung's parents. It may not be shown in any papers, but you should know that too"

Jimin continued and placed the handcuff on Seok Min.

"Kim Joonsuk is still alive. You can ask my Mr. Lee where he is and I have all the documents for you to indict him"

Seok Min said. Jimin nodded as a response.

"And please tell Namjoon to please take good care of my Seokjin"

Seok Min said and Jimin's fellow cops escorted him out of his own office. Jimin closed his eyes and sighed deeply as he is now tasked to tell everything that happened to Namjoon, Taehyung, and Seokjin.

*

"Hyung, the deal between you two, is now broken"

Jimin said.

*