RIDE THE TIDE

ALL THE BEAUTIFUL THINGS

Seokjin felt better the day after. He was a bit weak but the strength he has for the meantime is already enough for him to walk outside the cottage and to the bathroom. Namjoon on the other hand, enjoys his free time walking along the seashore, finding crabs if there are any. Yoongi saw him and went to him.

"What are you looking for? Did you lose something?"

Yoongi curiously asked. Namjoon straightened his back from bending down and looked at Yoongi for a short while and bended down again.

"No, I'm looking for crabs"

Namjoon said. Yoongi blinked his eyes twice, a little bit confused and a little bit feeling the awkward air. A grown man looking for crabs, perhaps, Yoongi just chuckled as words didn't find their way out.

"Okay then, I'll call you when Hoseok finishes cooking already"

Yoongi said and walked away from Namjoon, not wanting to disturb the child-like feels being situated in Namjoon's being right now. Namjoon uttered his thanks and continued finding his precious little crabs - until he finally found one hairy little white crab.

"Yes!!! Oh! You're so cute!"

Namjoon celebrated his success talking to the crab crawling on his hands. Seokjin noticed the giddy Namjoon and tried to walk towards him. Not long enough, Namjoon noticed him and was the one who ran towards him.

"Do you need anything, President?"

Namjoon asked as soon as he's in front of Seokjin. The latter shook his head no.

"What are you just doing right now?"

Seokjin asked. Namjoon smiled, showing his dimples again and showed the crab on his hand to Seokjin.

"I've found one on the white sands. Isn't it cute?"

Namjoon said

"Will you carry it?"

Namjoon offered. Seokjin nodded and opened his palm widely as Namjoon transfers the crab to him but due of nervousness, Seokjin shook off the crab and it fell on the sand again.

"Oh, sorry, I was not ready"

Seokjin excused himself sincerely

"No, it's okay. The crab is meant for the sand anyway. Let's head in, you can't walk farther yet, President"

Namjoon said and offered help to Seokjin as they walk back together to their cottage. Meanwhile, back at Seoul, Taehyung is going in and out of various libraries and burning his eyebrows for the upcoming first bar exams. He has been focusing himself with it and only it, eating only kimbap or cup ramen for his three-course meal. Sometimes he would go to Subway and order himself a sandwich. He is still not reconciling with Jimin, his feelings were really hur for an unknown deep reason. And in between his studies, he would just say to himsel to stop thinking about the man who continues to knock on his door, trying to deliver home-cooked foods.

"Breakfast is ready!"

Hoseok shouted to signal everyone that he already finished cooking. Some tourists are having their breakfasts as well but some are enjoying the feel of the cold yet soothing water from the sea. The four of them stuffed their stomach to its delight as the food served is so good. Seokjin even felt about missing the kitchen. He's been too busy to cook.

"You're a great cook, Hoseok-ah. You can beat Yoongi now!"

Seokjin remarked and only to get stuffed with buttered shrimp on the mouth by Yoongi.

"I taught him how. Our foods tastes the same"

Yoongi said and hissed. Hoseok chuckled and agreed to what his boyfriend said.

"Mine tastes better than you two"

Seokjin won't accepet defeat. Meanwhile, Namjoon quietly eats as he savors the flavor of the food he is eating now. Among the four of them, he is the only one without that passion inside the kitchen. That is why he misses Jimin's home-cooked foods as well at this very moment, especially all the upgraded ramyuns Jimin had been making.

"Do you cook too, Namjoon? You look like you are a good cook"

Hoseok asked with a very unexpected remark in Namjoon's ears. He? A good cook? Oh, how he wishes. But he doesn't want to burn the whole island down. He can't pay this whole thing with his payment from Seokjin, or worse, he'll be fired and will not get any money. That, if they can escape before the scene of the vanishing island.

"Oh, no, I wish I could"

Namjoon said with his hands waving its disagreeance. The three of them became quiet and sooner, continued eating in silence. That was awkward for Namjoon and started to think of his excuse that "Cooking is not for all".

"Uh, but I have a friend who cooks just like you"

Namjoon said which caught their attentions back again at him. He smiled and chuckled a bit.

"His name is Park Jimin. He's living next door with us"

Namjoon said

"Oh! Can I talk to him? He can be one great help on the kitchen in the near future"

Hoseok asked

"Oh. Yes, but, he's studying to become a police officer"

Namjoon said

"Wow. A police officer? That's cool!"

Seokjin said while his mouth is still full of rice and shrimps. Yoongi wiped his face from the shower he had with Seokjin and Hoseok rushes to wipe it with tissue instead.

"You know? My dad's bestfriend is a police officer and he's a really cool man! He used to fight 30 gangsters alone!"

Seokjin bragged but no one listened thoroughly. Hoseok still wanted to try and persuade Jimin to change his mind if so, but Namjoon doesn't want to let go of Jimin's choice. It's his will to want to help him and Taehyung to catch the culprit soon. He himself needs Jimin's help as well.

After their long breakfast, Namjoon let his body to feel the cold water as Yoongi and Hoseok are attending to new tourists who came. Seokjin on the other hand stays on the shore, lying down with his body covered with white sand.

*

Jimin knocked on Taehyung's door for the nth time again today, and still, he got no responses from the other. He's been worried but at the same time now, he is also getting irritated at Taehyung's actions, especially that he has no clear know-how of what happened exactly that made Taehyung furious. It was just a second when Taehyung smiled so happily to see him then suddenly turned grim and walked away until now.

"Taehyung-ah. Please open the door for me this once"

Jimin pleaded. Taehyung on the other side of the door is silently listening to Jimin's voice. He misses him so much now. He even finds himself too immature for what he did. But somehow now, he really wanted to face Jimin again. So he stood up and turned the knob for the first time again, revealing his face to Jimin and him seeing Jimin's angelic face.

"Taehyung-ah"

Jimin's reaction was a mixture of shock and happiness. He didn't expect Taehyung to show up in front of him, or to at least open the door. But here he is, standing face to face with his bestfriend and comfort once again.

"You keep knocking on the door. Can't you see I'm too busy for my first bar exams?"

Taehyung nagged as if nothing happened. He wanted to throw things away to Jimin's face why he did such thing. But he just can't. As always, he's way too afraid. He just wishes that this minor words he said can make Jimin stop thinking that he did something wrong, but instead, to just forget his tantrums for the past few days. And so he did. Jimin always thinks the positive way everytime he deals with Taehyung.

"Sorry. I cooked some seafood stew for lunch. I bet you're hungry from all the elephant stuff"

Jimin said naturally as well as he always call Taehyung's business as elephant stuff due to so much mental pressure added. Taehyung hissed and went back to get his phone and then pushes Jimin down to the kitchen. There were no more words needed, Jimin understood that whatever fight or misunderstanding is that, it's finally over.

"I heard Namjoon hyung is in the Philippines?"

Jimin started off the conversation. Taehyung had a mouthful before answering.

"Yeah. He's with KGC's President doing some business trip"

Taehyung replied

"Do you want to go to the Philippines too? Or some other place? Together?"

Jimin asked out of the blue which made Taehyung cough from the sudden question. Part of his ears started to redden and he drinks his water straight.

"Yah. Calm down"

Jimin chuckled as he finds the view so cute to handle. Eversince then, he was certain of what he had with Taehyung. It's just that, he had no big reason to even call himself Taehyung's lover. He always thinks that he is not enough for a person like Taehyung.

"You asked so directly. Anyway, I want to go to European countries first"

Taehyung said. He always admired the place and how historically preserved almost everywhere in there. It's like living in a modernized vintage points.

"Okay. Let's go there when you finish your law school"

Jimin said and smiled. Taehyung smiled back as well. This time, he is feeling more moved and motivated to pass the exams.

*

It's the third day now in the island and the next course Hoseok and Yoongi presented is Island Hopping. They'll be visiting several islands near them and be able to find good spots for their official Island Hopping course to offer. First up is the chocolate-like mountain just across their island but it's not commercialized by somebody else.

"That can be a good diving spot"

Seokjin remarked

"Yes many did remarked the same words. But no. It's actually too dangerous. It's steepy there and one wrong move and you'll slip down to the rocks beneath it. Though it's really challenging to do and will make great fun, even locals here does not recommend it and did not try to go there as well"

Yoongi explained lengthily and they moved to another island, the Sandbar Island. It's already commercialized and is owned as well by someone but everyone can still go inside, only to pay some entrance fee. So they did and they walked around the island and found a really good diving spot plus a picturesque view to click your cameras and do a pose.

"This will be a big hit for the tourists"

Seokjin said

"Yeah. It's one of the most sought after island here but we are open for improvement, especially that we're teaming up with you"

Hoseok said confidently and Seokjin loved the praise he received. After a short while, they proceeded to another island where there are a lot of residents already. There is even a school in there.

"I personally think that living with the locals can be one course we can give. We can coordinate to their Captain here and make him suggest their daily lives routine that is a must-share to the tourists"

Namjoon spoke wisely which made the three agree in unison. The Island Hopping continued and it's almost 2pm now and they've just arrived to their last stop. They had their lunch first and they totally loved the 'Sinigang na Hipon' served for them.

"They have a banana boat ride, jet ski ride and parasailing. They're offering kite flying and swan floats as well"

Namjoon said what he noticed. Everyone turned their heads to where Namjoon was looking and was intrigued of the sight as well.

"You know, we can do that too"

Yoongi said

"And maybe add some snorkeling and scuba diving. That'll be one reason for tourists to come"

Namjoon suggested and they've agreed.

"Why don't we try riding the jet ski? I feel like I'll be loving it"

Seokjin said out of nowhere. Yoongi and Hoseok's eyebrows raised in unison and Namjoon can't help but scoff at the idea. So, it's been set. Seokjin will ride the jet ski together with Namjoon as he doesn't want to ride the thing alone as well. Meanwhile, Hoseok and Yoongi tried flying the kite together.

"President Kim, are you sure you're good at this?"

Namjoon asked, sweating in this cold breeze from the sea.

"I'm not sure. Let's just go. We have life vests for some reason. And life guards are watching us too"

Seokjin confidently said despite being nervous himself as well. And as soon as Namjoon had his grip, Seokjin started the jet ski and drove it as if a pro.

"WHOOOHOOO!!!"

Seokjin howls in excitement but the man behind him is already clinging to him like a tarsier, screaming with his lungs atop of his head. Everything was smooth and they are riding without obstruction, until Seokjin miscalculated his turn and they fell off the jet ski. Both of them scrampled, but they're already floating because of the life vest.

The two of them looked at each other for a moment and laughed together at what happened. Namjoon's eyes were locked on Seokjin. It's as if he is in a trance of the most beautiful laugh he had ever seen and heard. Seokjin's eyes were also set towards Namjoon. He never expected himself to admire someone's dimples and half-moon eyes. It was so surreal at that moment. It's as if every island surrounding them vanished and only the two of them in he vast sea was present.

The lifeguards were nearing and they both didn't want the moment to end. Can it last for a little more? They both asked. But of course, they can't stop the time that's running endlessly. But whatever may happen after such incident, Seokjin promised himself to just ride the tide of his life leading to this man.