13 YEARS LATER

ALL THE BEAUTIFUL THINGS

The sound of the excited baby birds chirping on the trees, waiting for their mother to feed them with food awakes the sleeping Kim Namjoon. He slowly opened his eyes, blinking it for a number of times before stretching his whole body. He brought himself outside of the bed, only stepping not on the floor but his younger brother's . Namjoon smirked and kicked Taehyung's to wake him up. He knows how much the younger hates being awakened by force and strongly insists that people should wake up on their own will. Though Namjoon knows it all, he still wanted to tease Taehyung and get some death glares from him. And he wasn't wrong. Taehyung wiggled his body vigorously and kicks his feet up high, as if he is an expert on taekwondo or mixed martial arts. And as soon as he opened his eyes with still traces of his evening dreams, he gave a death glare to his older brother. Namjoon just smiled widely and ruffled Taehyung's already messy hair, messing it more than usual, got up and headed straight to the bathroom to wash up.

The sound of the door ringing signals the presence of Namjoon and Taehyung's sunshine who lives next door with them. Taehyung rushed himself to get up and ran over the door to see who it is though he already know who it is. It's just that, Taehyung loves to make his every morning bright and cheery just by seeing this person's face. So he the screen and saw the angel sent for him eversince. His eyes disappeared and he went all giddy, showing his box smile. Namjoon saw him in time that he went out to get his towel and he just chuckled at the view of his younger brother before saying a word.

"Why don't you just tell him you like him? Idiot"

Namjoon said and Taehyung went all the way to cover Namjoon's mouth.

"Shut up, hyung! He might hear you!"

Taehyung replied. Namjoon fought to release his mouth. He succeeded and patted Taehyung's shoulder before ruffling his hair.

"He can't hear us here"

Namjoon assured and went to get his towel. Taehyung pouted and ran in front of their mirror to fix his messy hair.

"Taehyungie! Wake up and open the door already!"

Taehyung's eyes widened at the call and rushed himself to spray on some perfume and finally opened the door for his bestfriend, Park Jimin. He knows it's odd to like his own bestfriend. He is afraid Jimin might turn his back on him if he will know that he wants him. No, he needs and loves him are the words Taehyung considers exactly. Even if Namjoon keeps on telling him to tell Jimin because he will just understand, Taehyung fears it.

"Yah! What took you so--"

Jimin stopped his own words and sniffed Taehyung whose heart halted as soon as Jimin came closer to him. 'Am I still breathing?', Taehyung asked himself though he knows that he stopped his own breath at his own will.

"Aye. You're wearing perfume again without washing up! Move it, this pot is so hot my hands are burning already. Ah, how many times do I have to tell you to set an alarm? Tsk!"

Jimin bickered which left Taehyung to feel excited at the words the other said. Jimin went to the kitchen and prepared their viand. Jimin cooks for the brothers every morning and every time the three are together on weekends or day offs as the Kims can't cook for themselves. One time they tried learning, only causing fire to occur. Good thing Jimin was there to help them up. Meanwhile, Taehyung helps him by setting up the table and getting some rice.

"Ah! Tae!"

Jimin called Taehyung's attention who is still busy scooping out some rice and placing them on their individual bowls. He made a humm to signify that he's listening.

"Someone's coming over at my house. He'll stay here with me until he finishes his college as well"

Jimin said. Taehyung halted and turned his gaze at Jimin who's currently smiling widely. Taehyung sensed that the guy is really happy and excited. He can tell by a glance.

"Who?"

Taehyung replied shortly. Jimin looked at him with an excited eye smile. He even went closer to Taehyung and reached out his hands on the other's shoulders, meeting his eyes.

"Jeon Jungkook"

Jimin said. Taehyung's eyes were shaken. Jeon Jungkook is also one of their childhood friends and Jimin is very fond of him. The feeling of jealousy came over him immediately but he has to suppress it for the whole time, for the whole college year of Jungkook. Namjoon saw his younger brother's reaction and before Jimin can say anything that might hurt Taehyung, he went inside the kitchen and caught all the attention.

"Where's the rice? Ah, I'm hungry"

Namjoon said. Taehyung felt relieved and Jimin rushed to get some water for the three of them as Taehyung finally finishes scooping the rice out. As soon as he's settled on the table, he mouthed his gratitude to his older brother and Namjoon just smiled back.

"Until when shall I cook for the two of you?"

Jimin nagged

"Aye. Nevermind. I shouldn't leave the two of you at the kitchen again"

He added which made Namjoon chuckle and looked at Jimin eye to eye. Almost sincere and almost pleading, he said,

"Why don't you just marry Taehyung and live with us?"

Taehyung's eyes widened from his older brother's sudden remark and he just mouthed his whys and whats back to Taehyung.

"Aye. That's nonsense hyung. You know we're both males"

Taehyung defended his ownself and had three consecutiven spoonful of rice without stuffing any viand on it. Jimin chuckled and ruffled Taehyung's hair before finally sitting down.

"Right hyung. We're both males"

Jimin said. Their breakfast is usually like this. Jimin cooks for them and the two happily welcomes their favorite homecook. Though Taehyung and Jimin goes to different universities, Namjoon makes sure that the two had ridden the right bus before going to his work himself. He just graduated his college year last year and is an intern now at Kim Group of Companies or KGC in the management team. KGC is the largest shipping company in South Korea and also owns the prestigious hospital Kim Jinsung University Hospital. It's a hospital designed only for VIPs and VVIPs. From celebrities, politicians, foreign ambassadors, and even high profiled men in the country and even overseas. Taehyung is currently in his graduating year of pre-law course. So Namjoon has to work hard for Taehyung and KGC is the biggest opportunity he had. Because law school isn't a joke. It requires knowledge, wise mind, good reasoning and money at the same time.

"Kim Namjoon, can you bring this to the department head? It needs to be on his office by 8 am. You should hurry"

One of his sunbaes, Mr. Oh, ordered and he happily took the papers. Namjoon is one of the interns all of the companies would like to have as a full-time employee. He's fast. He's intellectually ready. He works hard. He is flexible and polite. What more can they ask? Maybe some sort of more humor in him. He's way too serious and acts out of his age. Maybe because his life wasn't as pleasing as the others had. Namjoon knocked thrice and opened the door only finding an empty office. So he decided to just leave the papers and put on a sticky note to notify the department head, Mr. Son.

"Namjoon-ah, please organize these files for me. I need it for the afternoon meeting at 1pm"

Another sunbae, Ms. Shin asked him a favor. Well, for interns, they had to be used to all the favors and paper works. Namjoon has to endure it all before gaining a full-time employment. And organizing papers are just a piece of easy task for him. That's the kind of ease of having an IQ of 148 offers.

Time passed by in a blink of an eye. It has been a month but it feels like just a week for him. Taehyung already left for a field trip and his mind is left with jealousy as Jungkook is now living at the same apartment as Jimin. Though the latter always keeps in touch with Taehyung, the view of Jungkook at the back irritates him. Bus 505, Namjoon waits for it patiently. Though he would sometimes close his eyes as he is now working part-time during his off on weekends at a ramen shop. The wind is incredibly lulling him to sleep and the sun is not as bright but just warm enough to make him feel all sleepy and lazy for the entire day.


He closed his eyes for a moment, to give in to the temptation of skipping work and sleeping in the bus stop. But before he could even close his eyes, a red sports car parked in front of the bus stop, the driver's seat is aligned directly towards his direction. 'Wow', Namjoon was overly fascinated at the sight. Just like what he wanted. His own car to drive, anytime, anywhere. 

A man got off of the front seat and waved his thanks to the man who drives. Namjoon got curious of the owner of the sports car. He thinks he is cool and is lucky to be born of a golden spoon or having won a lottery or just being lucky for his hard-earned money. Namjoon moved his head to have a clearer view but he barely saw the man inside. But one thing is certain - he met eyes with him.