(PART 2) IF TOMORROW WAS YESTERDAY

ALL THE BEAUTIFUL THINGS

(PART 2)

"Please don't go to work"

Taehyung begged as the older insists that he shall go and try his luck again on putting Joonsuk behind bars together with his team.

"Please, don't go"

Taehyung held on the hemm of Jimin's uniform with a tear falling from his left eye. Taehyung filed a leave and he wants Jimin to be just beside him in this dangerous time. He can't bear to worry more if Jimin gets caught too. Jimin sighed and hugged Taehyung.

"Nothing will happen to me. I can promise you that"

Jimin said and Taehyung's sobs turned into cries. Jimin tried to wipe Taehyung's tears but it just keeps on falling down. He smiled and kissed Taehyung's forehead.

"I'll be back before dawn"

Jimin said.

"Jungkook-ah, keep watch on Taehyung for me"

Jimin added and picked up his car key. Taehyung sighed as he wipes his tears.

"I'll send my men to guard him. Jimin will come back here, okay?"

Seokjin said which made Taehyung somehow relieved but the fear is just too strong that he started to bite on his nails.

"Kim Taehyung-ssi, do you want some cup of coffee?"

Mr. Yoon offered and escorted Taehyung to the dining room. Jungkook started working on the article and Seokjin took courage to go to his parent's house.

"Seokjin-ah"

His mom greeted him with delight and her eyes flashes how much she misses Seokjin. It has been almost a year that he hasn't visited home. He cherished the moment of embracing his mother, trying to build up strength from what is happening right now.

"You're home"

Seokjin turned into the man who spoke.

"Aboji"

Seokjin said with a hint of fear and disbelief on his voice. Seok Min smiled and tapped Seokjin's shoulders which made the younger shriveled. Seok Min noticed it but he tried to keep his calm and smiled before asking Seokjin if he has eaten anything yet.

"I'll go to my room"

Seokjin excused himself and hurriedly went upstairs. He clenched his fists as he walks up the stairs. Never did he imagine the worst things his father would do when he said that he will protect their family at all costs. He looked up at him but what is it now that he is feeling? It feels so strange and new but he knew how he felt - awful and sorry. Seokjin threw himself on his bed and brought his left forearm to cover his eyes.

"Namjoon-ah, are you okay?"

Seokjin uttered and tears started to fall from his eyes.

*

"Hyung, do you think we can tell this to Superintendent Jang?"

Jimin asked Heejun. Their whole team is in a crisis of dissolving after they took on the bad side of Chief Inspector Go after they tried to present the case to the prosecution twice.

"We are his men afterall, okay. Let's try our luck"

Heejun said.

"Whatever will happen to our team, we're all righteous cops. I want all of you to instill that in your minds and hearts"

Yoo Yoonsuk said, their captain in the team.

"Kim Joonsuk, I can finally grab you on your collar"

Yoonsuk said with resentment on his voice.

"Captain Yoo, can I ask why do you sound so eager to catch him as well?"

Jimin asked in curiosity. After he found several leads and evidences, Captain Yoo put his own hands on the case which he only does when serial cases are involved.

"That man killed my little brother fifteen years ago. I know that my brother is a badass but he caught his luck when he got into the bad side of that man"

Yoonsuk told.

"It was when my brother happened to witnessed him beating his wife under a bridge one night. He intervened and got shot instead. But no one believed his friend who was also there. Even the wife testified the other way"

Yoonsuk continued.

"All this time, I thought he loves dearly his wife. That's what I know from Seokjin hyung"

Jimin said.

"That evil man knows no family, Jimin-ssi. And the person protecting him is too strong for us mere police officers"

Yoonsuk said.

"Let's go to Superintendent Jang before we wipe away all of our chances"

Yoonsuk added. They hurried themselves to the superintendent's office, hoping he will take their side and help them push through the arrest and hearing but they missed one trait of the man they are up against - slyness. Jimin clenched his fists from the sight they saw after the door banged open. It was Superintendent Jang and Kim Joonsuk, shaking hands and smiling to each other.

"Too late"

Joonsuk mocked.

"At least have shame on your badge, Superintendent Jang"

Yoonsuk said and left together with his team with sulkened shoulders and crushed hope.

"Jimin-ssi, I'm assigning you to a task off uniform, get him in anyway"

Yoonsuk said as soon as they reached their post. Jimin nodded and his whole team supported him by taking down their badges.

"If we can't find justice with out badges on, we can still seek for true justice without it. That's how strong our oath can offer us"

Heejun said.

"Thank you"

Jimin said.

*

Thirsty, hungry, cold. Namjoon coughed as the metal container's temperature penetrates on his skin. The door never opened to make him see a hint of what's happening outside. The guards are just there, surrounding his awful space, not even minding his sentiments. Two more days had passed and not even a single drop of water covered his mouth.

"Water~"

Namjoon uttered without strength. His hands and feet are not even free for him to move around the container. And he only wishes for time to pass through and his blurry vision wanted to see the man he prays to be with. But it turns out - that anytime soon, he can give up.

"미안...해...미안" (I'm...sorry. Sorry)

Namjoon said and his tears started to fall along with his weakened body into the dirty floor. But before he could ever give up, the door opened and brought him -

"H-hyung"

Namjoon mouthed.

"Namjoon-ah!!!"

Seokjin said and run over to him, giving him a tight hug as his tears fall from his own eyes. Namjoon smiled faintly as he felt how warm it is to be with him.

*


*
If tomorrow was yesterday
I hope I can hold you
Turns out everything's blue and gray
Can I still see you
It's so cold in here
The pain and heartaches arise
I try to close my eyes 'cause
If tomorrow was yesterday
I'll try and go to meet you
*