FIRST STEP

ALL THE BEAUTIFUL THINGS

"Hyuuuuung, I miss you"

Jungkook rushed to Namjoon as he stepped out of the arrival area and gave him a tight hug.

"It's been a long time, Kook"

Namjoon greeted back.

"Of course! You're away for almost five years!"

Jungkook said.

"Let's go, hyung! I don't want to be crowded immediately"

Jungkook added and helped Namjoon carry his luggage.

"Cheers to the famous rookie reporter, Jeon Jungkook"

Namjoon teased. For so long that he has gone, the ambience of his own country felt foreign yet welcoming. The sound of his own language felt so warm to hear and the Seoul sky never failed to brighten up his day. Taehyung finished up his law school and passed the BAR exams a year ago. Jimin left his post in the US police as he accompanied Taehyung back to South Korea. Right now, Taehyung is working as a private lawyer in Seoul under No and Byun Law Firm and is busy enough not to have time to pick up Namjoon at the airport. Jimin is now working in Seoul District Police Office under Violent Crimes Unit 2. And the biggest news for Namjoon since Jungkook started his college life, is him taking up mass communications and now ended up as a famous rookie reporter of TBS news, when in fact, the latter wanted to become a police officer like Jimin. Well, the whole country just fell in love with him the moment he started field reporting.

And Seokjin.

Seokjin is still fighting against a lot of company rivals but KGC still remained on top. He dominated front covers and main story headlines of every business magazine and even on top-rated fashion magazines and The Times Korea. He became more successful and grew up so well in the last four years he did not saw him and KGC finally became a corporation. The only thing Namjoon is not certain is Seokjin's medical condition and if he got himself someone beside him. He sighed at his own thoughts.

"What's wrong, hyung?"

Jungkook asked.

"Nothing. Hey, Kook. Are you free tonight? Let's all have dinner together"

Namjoon said.

"Hyung, maybe some other time. Taehyung hyung told me to bring you to another place tonight"

Jungkook said.

"Where?"

Namjoon asked.

"You know, hyung, when I decided to become a reporter, it was Jimin hyung and Taehyung hyung who convinced me to join"

Jungkook said.

"What do you mean?"

Namjoon asked in confusion.

"We started an underground investigation, hyung and we found witnesses"

Jungkook said.

"Why? Why did you not tell me about this immediately?! Don't you all know that it's dangerous?!"

Namjoon shouted in anger.

"Taehyung hyung wanted to tell you but...you might get hurt. And we thought that maybe it's better if you'll know about it in person"

Jungkook said calmly.

"How far did you all go?"

Namjoon asked.

"...From the very beginning"

Jungkook replied.

"Let's talk about it later"

Namjoon said and sighed in frustration. He is very upset right now. Jungkook sighed, feeling sorry.

"Hyung, when you hear everything later on, promise me that you'll be fine"

Jungkook said.

"I can't but I will try"

Namjoon replied.

Meanwhile, Jimin attended a crime scene at an old auditorium where three children came to play and accidentally saw a remain.

"Yah, the body is unidentifiable. It smells hardcore too"

Heejun said, Jimin's partner and senior.

"Hyung, look carefully. This area is not secluded. There are residences and children even play around here. There's a school beside this too. Isn't it too reckless to leave a body here?"

Jimin asked.

"It is. Whatever the reason may be, there has to be an instigator of this crime. Shall we take a look around the area?"

Heejun suggested and Jimin agreed. They take a look around, dividing themselves outside and inside. Jimin went inside the gymnasium and the rusty steels, the dirty benches with some moss on it, the torn curtains at the center and the holes on the roof signifies how old and forgotten the building had become. But the more he looks at it, the more familiar the place is becoming to him.

*Taehyung calling*

"Baby, I miss you"

Jimin said as soon as he answered his phone.

"We slept together yesterday and yet you miss me? Tss. I miss you too"

Taehyung replied over the phone.

"Are you on duty?"

Taehyung asked.

"Yes. On a crime scene. I'm looking around the place with Heejun hyung"

Jimin told.

"Where is that? I'll come and have lunch with you"

Taehyung said.

"It's near Gongdae Hi-"

Jimin halted on his words. Gongdae High School.

"Gongdae? Where exactly?"

Taehyung asked.

"...I don't think I can have lunch with you. I'll see you in the evening"

Jimin said and hanged up. It was Namjoon and Taehyung's old school.

"This...this auditorium..."

Jimin said and looked at the left corner where they stood back then.

"Jimin! Let's head back to the quarters for now. The forensic team got their samples"

Heejun called out.

"Hyung"

Jimin said and Heejun came to him.

"I'd like to stay and dig more"

Jimin said.

"Yah! You can do that later"

Heejun said.

"It has to be now"

Jimin said firmly.

"Okay. Call me if you find anything and needs my help"

Heejun said.

"Got it"

Jimin replied. As the cops and the forensic team went away, Jimin started roving outside the auditorium as he dialed Jungkook's number.

"What is it, hyung? By the way, Namjoon hyung is on their apartment right now"

Jungkook answered the phone.

"Can you search up and have a copy of Gongdae High School's activities and news? E-mail me a pdf file ASAP"

Jimin said.

"Why do you need their old school's info hyung? Is there something wrong?"

Jungkook asked.

"I'm currently searching an area of the crime scene I'm handling right now. It's in Gongdae and I just found something. The culprit must have left this unknowingly"

Jimin said, wore his gloves and picked up the piece of evidence.

"KGC"

Jimin told himself as he reads the engraved initials on the broken bracelet he just found.

*

"Where are you taking me, Kook? Can you not just tell me where we're headed to?"

Namjoon asked

"Taehyung hyung is waiting for you there, hyung. Let him tell you everything"

Jungkook replied. Namjoon sighed from the firmness of Jungkook. He can't do nothing but just wait. Namjoon looked out of the car's window and saw an ad about KGC's recently opened resort in Jeju. Namjoon smiled at the thought that Seokjin is probably doing so well and is in good condition.

"Do you like him, hyung?"

Jungkook asked out of the blue. Namjoon chuckled and hummed yes.

"Just like what Taehyung hyung said"

Jungkook replied.

"Yah! Did he tell you that?"

Namjoon asked.

"Hyung, have you two talked?"

Jungkook asked.

"Huh..no"

Namjoon replied sadly.

"Do you want to see him?"

Jungkook asked again as he steps on the brake.

"We're here, hyung"

Jungkook said. Namjoon looked out and was confused.

"Why are we here?"

Namjoon asked as Jungkook parked the car in front of KGC.

"They're waiting for you. Let's go"

Jungkook said. Namjoon went out of the car, still confused but at the same time, he feels so excited as the thought of seeing Seokjin ran across his mind. They rode on the elevator and Jungkook unhesitantly pressed the 49th floor button.

"Hyung, please remember your promise earlier, okay?"

Jungkook asked for assurance. Namjoon sighed and put his hands on Jungkook's shoulder.

"I told you that I'll try"

Namjoon replied. Jungkook nodded and before Namjoon can even prepare himself fully, the elevator door opened and his eyes met the gaze of the man he's been wanting to see. Namjoon smiled and Seokjin welcomed him with a soft smile. He inched closer to Seokjin.

"It's been a long time"

Namjoon said.

"It really is"

Seokjin replied and took a step forward, closing the gap between them.

"I...miss you"

Seokjin said and rested his head on Namjoon's left shoulder, shedding silently a tear.

"Me too"

Namjoon said and pulled Seokjin into a hug.