STARS

ALL THE BEAUTIFUL THINGS

'Can I ask you a question?', Peter, who's mentally incapable told the very calm Mrs. McAdams, his personal nurse.

'What is it, Peter?', Mrs. McAdams replied openly, full of positivity and preparedness to the still unknown question. 

'Do blind people really see black? And do deaf people really hears nothing?', Peter spilled the beans. Mrs. McAdams paused, thinking for an answer towards Peter's logical question. But the child was impatient. 

'I believe the blind can see more than that of the black color, Mrs. McAdams. And I believe the deaf can hear everything we miss to hear', Peter claimed. 'Well, why do you say so, Peter? You haven't been blind nor deaf for a moment', Mrs. McAdams asked. 'No, I have been blind and deaf often, and the blind and deaf became me too', Peter said. 

Mrs. McAdams went confused. Her brain started to define and explain Peter's statement, but the shallow threw it out. 'People want to unsee the most tragic events in their lives, Mrs. McAdams', Peter said.

'But the blind sees all the beautiful things in the vast blackness. People want to unhear what doesn't compliment their wants, but the deaf seeks to hear the beauty of the human voice', Peter added.

'I saw all the tragedies in my life, Mrs. McAdams. I also heard every scream of help. But I wasn't able to do anything. I was blind and deaf, more than that of a  blind and a deaf person', Peter remarked.

Seokjin closes his tablet and wiped some tear that came down from his eyes after reading another published chapter. He was touched. He remembered someone too - Kim Namjoon. The online novel is bound to be published soon by series, and he believes that it will be a big hit though he is unsure.

"We're here, Seokjin-ah"

Mr. Yoon said and Seokjin took a glance at the beautiful place again. Hoseok and Yoongi are waving from afar and the island that was once quiet is now filled with tourists everywhere.

"Seokjin-ah!!!"

Hoseok greeted him loudly as soon as he sets foot on the white sand while Yoongi just offered him a punch on the knuckles of his hand - a bro fist to be exact.

"Oh, you're with Mr. Yoon. Where's Namjoon? Is he sick or something?"

Hoseok asked immediately as soon as he noticed the absence of the dimple-filled guy.

"I fired him, Hoseok-ah. It's been over a year already when I fired him"

Seokjin said, trying to sound calm but his voice can't make a lie about it, that he is saddened about it. Yoongi can immediately tell and chuckled.

"Why are you laughing?"

Seokjin asked

"No, I'm not"

Yoongi replied with a faint smile on his face

"But why did you fire him? I thought you'll already have someone like my Yoongi"

Hoseok said as he clinged to Yoongi's arms once again. Seokjin just shrugged his shoulders at Hoseok's statement. But really, firing Namjoon made one of the saddest days of his life. He felt really empty without a valid and concrete reason.

"So, how's the management here so far?"

Seokjin shifted the topic. Conversing about his mistake might make him lose his composure and confidence in his stay here. He can't do that, especially that he wanted to go back to the islands they once visited.

Meanwhile, in Cambridge, Namjoon talks to an American girl about his age, named Catherine. The two have met three days ago in the company Namjoon works on. Catherine is a model and Namjoon was tasked to cover and write and article about the type of fashion Catherine will portray for their Winter Collection. And now, they've become closer.

But Taehyung who once saw Namjoon and Catherine talking at he photoshoot, disagrees about the closeness of the two. Or maybe, Catherine is someone you can't dislike. You'll be irritated of her natural sweetness that may look like flirtatious but it's just her nature, that you can't even argue.

"Where do you want to have coffee? Starbucks?"

Namjoon asked and Catherine openly nodded and the two walked their way out of the company to head to the nearest Starbucks café. And just like how Namjoon was admired in Korea, he is admired by the same manner in Cambridge as well. That's why, Catherine can't deny he fact that she really likes Namjoon even if they have been acquainted for just a few days. But she can't tell him, because she's shy and not confident about it.

"How's your article?"

Catherine asked first as soon as they had setteled down on a vacant table inside the café.

"Looking good. But there are still a lot of revisions to do. Especially that your expression changes almost every time"

Namjoon said

"Is that a compliment? Or a nag?"

Catherine asked

"Oh, that's a compliment. I think that you're portraying different kinds of winter with your expressions. That's making my article very interesting"

Namjoon complimented and Catherine had her cheeks flush red that she had to cover her face with her hands. Namjoon laughed gently too and showed his killer dimples and half-moon eyes, glittering.

"Well, Catherine"

Namjoon called her attention

"I'm just wondering if after the shoot today, well, if you're free?"

Namjoon asked out first

"Oh, well, yes, I am free"

Catherine responded

"Nice. Then, let's catch some movies?"

Namjoon suggested

"Oh, I love movies"

Catherine replied happily. Namjoon deep inside felt relieved about Catherine agreeing on his offer. Somehow, somewhere deep within in, he wanted to try pursuing her. He likes her a little bit as well.

*

"Where are you going, hyung?"

Taehyung asked as soon as he saw Namjoon being all dressed up like he'll be seeing someone. Seeing someone, Taehyung snapped out of his own question.

"Are you going out to date that model?!"

Taehyung asked very loudly

"Not yet. But I'll try. In fact, we'll be watching a movie tonight"

Namjoon replied with a smile

"Hyung! The answer of that girl is a yes already. But don't expect me to like her. I don't like her"

Taehyung said and crossed his arms like some teenage girl being bratty and spoiled, throwing some tantrums. Jimin overheard their conversation and went out of the room as well.

"Yes, I don't like her that much as well. But she's beauti--AWW!"

Jimin can't finish his words and scream in pain after Taehyung threw an elbow on his stomach.

"Beautiful my "

Taehyung said and stompped his feet on his way to the kitchen to get himself a glass of cold water. Jimin immediately went to him and gave him a hug from the back.

"I'm sorry, baby"

Jimin said towards Taehyung who just hissed but was actually getting red on his cheeks already.

"Bye lovebirds! I'll find my pair too"

Namjoon said with a chuckle as he hurries himself not to be late on going to the movie house. Not long enough, Namjoon and Catherine are already inside the movie theater, watching a movie they picked - a sad love story.

"Wow. Look at the sky, Namjoon! It's perfectly taken!"

Catherine praised the cinematography and Namjoon hummed in agreement. But it was not the brightest of stars he saw. He chuckled.

"Why are you chuckling? It's supposed to be a sad story"

Catherine was confused

"Oh. Sorry. I just remembered someone"

Namjoon said

"Who? A girl?"

Catherine asked more as she felt some kind of jealous hormones coming out from her body.

"No. It's a boy. He was just funny that time"

Namjoon replied - speaking a lie at the end of his sentence. It was not the word funny but it's the word 'cute' he wanted to say. On the other hand, Catherine smiled in relief.

"But hey, Cath"

Namjoon called her attention

"Yes?"

Catherine replied

"Would you like to take a chance with me? I mean, would you want to date with me?"

Namjoon asked directly

"Date you?"

Catherine asked, acting as if she's conservative or playing hard to get, but deep inside her is a jumping and scream machine.

"Yes. Date me. Do you want it?"

Namjoon asked again

"Well, why, why not?"

Catherine replied with her shaky and unsteady voice

"In fact, I like you, Namjoon"

Catherine said which made Namjoon flustered a bit

"Then, we're officially together"

Namjoon called their relationship. Meanwhile, in the still night in Hoseok and Yoongi's resort invested by Seokjin, the latter had been lying down the white sand, tracing the beautiful and breath-taking view of the stars implanted on the skies. Sometimes he would find stars connceting that will form his name.

"Seo-seok-jin"

He repeats himself while tracing but the most fascinating thing is that, a wishing star suddenly passed by. Seokjin immediately closed his eyes and clasped his fingers, wishing for some things to turn out the best - especially the life and the case Kim Namjoon is currently in.