LICENSE

ALL THE BEAUTIFUL THINGS

Namjoon's bus arrived right after the sports car vanished in his line of sight. Namjoon usually takes the seat at the very back of the bus. Back seat, right side. Near the window, where he can gaze unlimitedly on the never-ending and never-fading sceneries of his homeland. The ride to KGC is 30 minutes. But because he gets to work early, slight traffics doesn't happen for him. 'It's always good to be early', Namjoon often told Taehyung and Jimin who would always buy their time passing by the convenience store and get some ice cream at early morning before going to school. But those two have heads like rock, Namjoon can't argue nor can make them listen to his every day nags about punctuality.

Arriving at KGC, Namjoon would always greet the securities. He would always smile widely with his dimples that women in the company faints for, even the women at heart. But those smiles were all a fantasy for him. He still hopes that one day, he can give justice to their parents and be able to smile like how he wanted, genuinely. Namjoon would also like to help Mrs. Ko, one of the company's cleaner and is already at her late 50s, to carry the trash bags to be placed outside for the dumptrucks to pick up. He can buy his time for being early and Mrs. Ko is always grateful for him, almost cherishing Namjoon as her own child. Finally, at his own working desk, there will be papers still piled up for him to organize. And though work hours is still not valid for him to be paid for, he will start scanning the papers. At 7am, office works starts and endless of running errands, physically referring to, starts.

"Kim Namjoon-ssi?"

A man called out his name loudly, enough for his co-workers to hear it as well. Their eyes are all locked up for Namjoon, gazes of jealousy and fright. At a time where the terror giving chills man, Mr. Yoon is present, the President of the Company is needing someone. Either you did good, you did bad or there are some things he wants you to do personally and it is always confidential, bribed mouths to close for money in exchange. Mr. Oh tapped Namjoon's shoulders before whispering him a quick advice.

"Don't break things"

Namjoon looked at him with eyes as sharp as a knife. This sunbae loves to , especially his clumsy side of always breaking things. 'It just happened', Namjoon's defense would always be like that. But the great Mr. Oh will never leave Namjoon's life peacefully. Namjoon stood up from sitting and offered a bow of greeting.

"Yes, I am Kim Namjoon. How can I help you, Mr. Yoon?"

Namjoon politely greeted and asked. A signal of hand telling him to follow him is the only answer everyone got. Namjoon clenched his lips of curiosity and silently followed the higher up. This will be his first time to go up to the highest floor of KGC and to step on the President's office. But who cares? Namjoon's busy thinking about what will happen to him. Did he do somehing wrong? Did he violated any office rules that even triggered the President? Will he be assassinated secretly and will not be able to bring justice to his parents?

"I'm not yet ready to leave my brother alone in this world, Mr. Yoon. Please be kind to me"

Namjoon said out loudly without noticing that the words that are supposed to be just in his head was spoken aloud. Mr. Yoon chuckled and gave Namjoon a feather-like elbow on his side.

"Who told you creepy stories? Don't listen to them, Mr. Kim"

Mr. Yoon gladly replied, easing the feeling of the younger beside him, but not too much. The way to the 49th floor was a long ride from the 20th floor where Namjoon works. But the long ride seemed short for Namjoon. Who wouldn't feel that way when you'll meet the President of KGC? Rumors spread. They say he's terrible. They say he's a womanizer who just sees girls as his toys. They say he has the worst temper in this world. Per say, he is a monster and Mr. Yoon is an accomplice to all his deeds.

*ting!* The sound of the elevator bell signifies that they already reached the 49th floor. Namjoon's eyes surveyed the whole area. The little room at the center of the big hallway surrounded by green things seemed like a little mansion in a wide field. The floor is filled with grass-like carpet and longside with it are different kinds of flowers that freshens up the surroundings with their individual fragrances. But the fragrance doesn't overshadow the other - they all complimented well. There's benches too, a lamp post beside it and a dog house at the side of the little room with a cute white zsu. On the right side of it is a miniature house and Namjoon only knew what's inside when he was closer. It's the house of two sugar gliders.


Namjoon's fascination of the whole area was put into a halt when Mr. Yoon knocked thrice and opened the door of the little room. But it isn't little, Namjoon exclaimed to himself. The whole interior is spacious and has this certain vibes of being at home. 'Rich people are lucky to have these luxuries. Maybe that's why they all yearn for more', Namjoon thought and sighed a bit. He admires their success but he can't put aside the facts of their own individual greediness. The little room isn't small as well. Going inside, you'll really feel like you're in a suite room or a condo unit. There's a mini living room with a TV set, a mini kitchen on the right, a meeting area on the left and you'll take a three-steps stairs to reach the office table of the President and on its right side is a closed door. 'Maybe a room', Namjoon thought.

"Sit comfortably here, Mr. Kim. The President is on his way here from a meeting"

Mr. Yoon said and Namjoon bowed politely as a sign of gratitude and greeting of sending him off. As soon as Mr. Yoon stepped out of the office, more like of a home in Namjoon's eyes, his gaze started to wander around. The white-colored walls relaxes Namjoon's feelings of nervousness that he wanted to even throw his body on the softest sofa he had in his life so far. He got hyped up and started to bounce on the sofa with his eyes fading again and dimples perfectly plucking his cheeks. 'Taehyung and Jimin will surely jump on this sofa if they were here', Namjoon thought and giggled and also acted what he has in mind. He placed his shoes away from his feet and started to jump up and down on the sofa like a child, all giddy and worry-free.

Meanwhile, the President of KGC, Kim Seokjin is nearing to enter his office with Mr. Yoon without further notice of what Namjoon is doing inside. He hands a couple of papers to Mr. Yoon before greeting his lovely dog, Miki and his lovely sugar gliders, Eode and Eomu

"Mr. Kim is inside your office as resquested, President"

Mr. Yoon reported and Seokjin straightened up, fixing his necktie and putting his serious face on that intimidates even his father's friends. Seokjin entered the password and the door opened, sliding away from the center in both sides and his eyes were glued on the jumping employee on his sofa and dancing like he has never danced before. Mr. Yoon's eyes widened but Seokjin remained calm, only raising his eyebrows in confusion. Seokjin cleared his throat, signaling his presence and caught Namjoon's attention whose eyes widened and hurried himself to get down the sofa, only leaning against the glass table and swiping down the glass vase on the floor.

Seokjin closed his eyes in frustration and containing his pissed off feelings. Only if he had nothing to do with this clumsy man in front of him. Namjoon repeated his apologies and tried to clean up the broken pieces of the vase with his own hands, when Seokjin shouted.

"Enough!"

His voice echoed in the whole room and Mr. Yoon calls out for the cleaner. Seokjin slowly walked down and proceeded to his office, signaling Namjoon to come over and Mr. Yoon to go out and leave the trash alone for the meantime. Namjoon slowly went in front of Seokjin, maintaining his head down and not facing the President himself - too embarassed at what he did.

"You look like you haven't seated in a sofa like that"

Seokjin remarked.

"Yes, ah I mean, I'm sorry"

Namjoon replied fastly, earning an honesty point from the President.Seokjin breathed deeply before getting a folder in his desk and placing it in front of Namjoon.

"I want you to sign in here"

Seokjin said. Namjoon opened it and started to read by his eyes, which by sentence, widens at the terms and conditions the contract offers. Seokjin leaned back and looked at him, amused and pleased. He's like the others too before, surprised by the amount but the only difference Namjoon has is jumping up and down on the sofa.

"Sign now if you're agreeing about everything. It's only for three months. Do well, you don't have to be an intern when you return"

Seokjin said, pleasing the ears of Namjoon. How could he not disagree with the offer? This must be a jackpot prize for him and Taehyung. The amount of money that will be given to him will contribute much on Taehyung's school fees, their daily lives and enough to hire an investigator that's willing to dig up the case that happened 13 years ago. But two things bothers him and he needs to say it before things get worse or so.

"President Kim, I have two things I can't do in this contract"

Namjoon stated. Seokjin leaned closer putting both of his elbows on his glass desk and eyes meeting Namjoon in confusion. Everything about this man is in accordance in his resume and qualifications plus the performance in the management team so far. He is good in everything he puts his hands on. So what could be the problem, Seokjin thought. It'll be a waste if it isn't this man, Kim Namjoon, do the job.

"Tell me and we'll see"

Seokjin shortly replied. Namjoon gulped.

"I don't have a driver's license, President Kim"

Namjoon replied which made the great President cough with his own surprised feelings and wide eyes. Namjoon only smiled awkwardly in return.

"You are born in what year?"

Seokjin asked almost pissed.

"1994. I am turning 25 years old, President"

Namjoon replied fastly. His guts and honesty is seeping into Seokjin's nerves. 'How can a soon to be 25 years of age man doesn't have a driver's license?', Seokjin thought to himself. He breathed in deeply before saying another set of words

"You just can't drive. What's the other one?"

Seokjin asked. Namjoon hummed as he reviews the contract again and raised his pointing finger, a signal that he pointed the issue on the contract. Seokjin coughed a bit. 'What more does this man can't do?', he thought to himself again. He was ready to withdraw the contract and try to find a sub that's suitable enough to replace Namjoon though it'a hard to find another.

"I can't leave the house on Sundays. That's the only time me and my brother can hang out the whole day. If Sundays can be a day off, I’d work hard double the amount of time”

Namjoon said with a genuine smile. Seokjin's eyes traveled from the contract to Namjoon. How can someone in this recent time they are living in care to have such quality time with his brother? Even he himself barely sees his family. For a moment, Seokjin felt jealousy and insecurity. A simple citizen like Namjoon made him feel that way. Nothing really can be predicted.

"Is that all?"

Seokjin asked and Namjoon nodded politely.

"I'll tell Mr. Yoon to make the revisions. He'll call you tomorrow to sign the contract, and you must be here at 7am. You're going to work for me, personally"

Seokjin said

"You can leave now"

He added. Namjoon bowed to him and walked out of the office in a great speed to give Taehyung a call.

"Hyung!"

Taehyung said excitedly on the other line.

"I have been promoted, Taehyung-ah! And my salary can make us pay your school fees without a problem"

Namjoon exclaimed

"Really hyung? Then, you're a full time employee now?!"

Taehyung's excitement can't be fathomed as well.

"Not yet, but three months after, I will be. For now, I can't tell you what job I am doing in the company. It's confidential in the mean time. I don't want to unveil something that's still not happening"

Namjoon said

"It's okay hyung. I know you only do what you think is right for us"

Taehyung replied

"Thanks, my dongsaeng. I'll ha-"

Namjoon did not have the chance to finish his sentence as Taehyung asked for his bestfriend, again.

"Jimin. How is he?"

Taehyung asked

"I still have a week before I can go back home, you know? I wanted to know how he's doing"

Taehyung added defensively even though he knows that his older brother will just or something.

"Jungkook is openly replacing your position, young man. Hurry up and get your Jimin back before someone gets him away from you"

Namjoon teased, only getting a nag from the other line. He chuckled as he listen to his younger brother, not knowing of a peeking CCTV camera that is being watched by the President, himself, at the moment.

"Kim Namjoon"

Seokjin started

"Interesting"

He added.

 

*

P.S. I shortened and renamed Seokjin oppa's pet names. He is one heck of an animal lover and I really like that about him. Hehehe. And I don’t really know if this can be consideres cute. I don’t have much experience writing cute and funny scenes in the mean time. Sorry for any mistakes I made. I hope you are all enjoying so far on how the story goes. Lovelots ^__^