SWEATER

ALL THE BEAUTIFUL THINGS

The doorbell didn't rang this time, instead, Jimin keys in the password and walked his way inside the house bringing Jungkook with him and the already prepared breakfast for the four of them. But there was a different scenario in the kitchen. Someone is cooking. They thought it's either of the two but the vey broad shoulders cuts out everything. Jimin threw a confused look towards Jungkook. But the younger recognized the man in an instant.

"Hi there. You are Namjoon hyung's boss, right?"

Jungkook said without prior notice, causing Seokjin to jump out of shock to whoever called him.

"Oh! It's him!"

Jimin said as soon as Seokjin had his face directed towards them as well. Jimin placed the breakfast he prepared on the table.

"You can stop that now, hyung. I already prepared their breakfast"

Jimin said

"No, it's okay. I'm almost done anyway"

Seokjin said

"What brings you here, hyung?"

Jungkook said as he paves his way to Seokjin and encircle his arms on the older's shoulder. Seokjin shrugged out of it.

"Namjoon let me stay here for the night yesterday"

Seokjin said

"And Taehyung?"

Jimin asked

"Taehyung doesn't know. He is still asleep. Namjoon is in the bathroom now"

Seokjin said

"Aye. Since when did you two become so close?"

Jungkook asked

"Three days ago?"

Seokjin replied as it has been exactly three days since Namjoon and him had a very good drink. So after a one day business travel to Japan, Seokjin and Namjoon came back home late and going to the office is farther, so Namjoon offered his house to stay in.

Jimin nodded and went to Taehyung's bedroom to wake the sleepyhead up. Meanwhile, Jungkook kept on bugging Seokjin from cooking. He would ask random things like a curious kid and Seokjin will answer like a very attentive hyung to his dongsaeng.

Namjoon finally finished having his shower and saw Jungkook beside Seokjin again - very close to him. He coughed to let the two know of his presence and went directly to his room, only seeing Taehyung and Jimin cuddling in the bed early this morning.

"Yah!"

Namjoon said out of surprise. Jimin and Taehyung chuckled and the two of them went out of the room to give Namjoon his space to dress himself. The breakfast this morning is filled with different dishes - the one Jimin made and the one Seokjin made.

Of course, Taehyung digs in with Jimin's prepared meal and Namjoon digs in with Seokjin's prepared meal. But Jungkook is letting his tummy be fed with both dishes made by two different persons. He's pigging out to the very least.

"Slow down, Jungkook-ah"

Jimin said and chuckled

"You two can join Korea's Masterchef for goodness' sake. And you'll battle in the finals"

Jungkook praised which heightened up the mood of everybody, causing Jimin to smile shyly and Seokjin to showcase his windshield laugh. After a sumptuous meal, they gathered in front of the television while Taehyung and Jimin washes the dishes. Their stomach are all full and Jungkook felt sleepy again.

"Where shall you go today, hyung? You don't have any heavy schedule today"

Namjoon asked

"I'm not sure"

Seokjin replied while munching some apple. Namjoon started thinking. He is free because Seokjin is free. Maybe he needs to buy some groceries. Their fridge are almost out especially that Jungkook had been rummaging the foods and Taehyung always requests Jimin to cook for him.

"Do you care to go to the groceries with me, hyung?"

Namjoon offered

"Groceries?"

Seokjin asked, confused and taken aback. He has never been in the marketplace since middle school because he was pushed to just study. The sound of it sounds exciting as well.

"Well, sure"

Seokjin replied after some time. The road to the marketplace isn't that far that the two just decided to go by their feet. Winter had just started and everyone's anticipating the first snow to fall later this evening. Sure thing, the streets will be full of kids playing snowball fights or making snowmen.

As soon as they entered the marketplace, Namjoon went directly to the frozen goods, picking chicken feet and wings that everyone of them likes.

"Wow. 치맥 (Chicken and beer)"

Seokjin said as his taste buds suddenly wanted to have some chicken and beer combo. Namjoon chuckled and added another kilogram of chicken for Seokjin.

"You can have dinner at home tonight, hyung"

Namjoon said which made Seokjin widen his eyes in excitement and clapped like a seven-year old kid who's bound to go to a birthday party with his friends. After a not so long grocery shopping, Namjoon and Seokjin drove to KGC for some paperworks Seokjin needs to sign. But they were more surprised of the unexpected scenario inside the office.

Namjoon's mouth left hanging as Seokjin became too puzzled, hands trembling. The both of them slowly walked in with Namjoon leading the way, trying to protect Seokjin from any harm. The whole office is so chaotic. Papers are scattered on the floor. Broken glass furnitures and figurines. Rummaged fridge and Mr. Yoon being helplessly tied on Seokjin's chair, unconscious.

Seokjin went to untie Mr. Yoon as Namjoon surveys the whole place. The only thing untouched is Seokjin's room. Namjoon went over to them and helped Seokjin to put Mr. Yoon in the sofa, trying to wake him up at least. And thank goodness, he did in no time.

"Pr-president!"

Mr. Yoon said in a trembling and scared voice. His eyes are almost teary. Seokjin held the older's hands and calmed him down.

"Someone broke into the office"

Mr. Yoon said, still trembling

"I know. I know. Calm down, Mr. Yoon. You're safe now"

Seokjin comforted

"Did he took important documents?"

Namjoon asked

"No. He didn't"

Mr. Yoon said and locked his eyes into Namjoon

"He's not after KGC or President Kim"

Mr. Yoon said

"He's after you"

Mr. Yoon added. Seokjin looked at Namjoon who seemed surprise. As far as he remembers, there's no one he had fought ever.

"He told me to tell you to stop whatever you are planning to do with the pay you'll get from President Kim"

Mr. Yoon continued

"Or else, your brother will pay the price"

Mr. Yoon added. Namjoon sat straight. There are a lot of things he wanted to do with the pay - but one thing he can think about is hiring a private investigator. Seokjin looked at him.

"Namjoon-ah, let's clean the mess in the office first and Mr. Yoon, you can go home early today"

Seokjin said. Mr. Yoon helplessly went out of the office and Namjoon sighed hard before throwing himself on the couch.

"Who would send you a threat?"

Seokjin asked

"There's one thing I can only think of.  Do you remember my story that happened 13 years ago?"

Namjoon said to Seokjin and earned a nod

"I don't know how he found out about what am I gonna do, but the pay I'll receive from you will be used to hire a private investigator that is willing to dig up the case of my parents"

Namjoon narrated

"He must be afraid that someone might really do the investigation"

Seokjin said

"But how can he go inside your office?"

Namjoon asked

"He must've threated Mr. Yoon as well"

Seokjin replied

"And whoever that is, he might be just nearby, Namjoon-ah"

Seokjin added

"I must stay low, hyung. He might really go after Taehyung"

Namjoon said with full of worry. Seokjin nodded in agreeance and patted Namjoon's shoulders.

"Whatever it is, I'm just here to help you too, Namjoon-ah"

Seokjin said

"Thank you"

Namjoon replied

*

"Are your classes done already?"

Jimin asked over the phone

"Yes. I'm heading out of the school"

Taehyung replied

"Ok. Wait for me then. I'll almost there"

Jimin said

"Okay!"

Taehyung replied who become all giddy the moment he knew that Jimin will fetch him today. It felt so good to have someone to fetch you, Taehyung thought. It seems like all his mental stress in school goes away! But his happy thoughts and excited feels are put into a halt when someone blocked his way.

"Oh?"

Taehyung can only say that word in surprise. The man wears a casual dress but has a black cap and a mask that covers its face.

"Ah, how may I help you?"

Taehyung asked. The man slowly look up to meet eyes with Taehyung. Taehyung's eyes widened in fright whoever this man is. His eyes looked so scary.

"Why are you taking up the law?"

The man asked in a very deep voice. Somehow, Taehyung felt a little at ease because the man might just have something to ask about and is not suspicious.

"To serve the right justice"

Taehyung replied. But the man chuckled deeply.

"What if you can't serve the justice you've been wanting because it happened 13 years ago?"

The man asked who is actually Kim Joonsuk. He wanted to do a life threat towards Taehyung who really saw him that day. Taehyung was taken aback. His eyes are trembling and he felt his knees are getting weak.

"You"

Taehyung can only say that word again, as if something is supressing him to say another word. Joonsuk chuckled.

"Stop doing what you're doing"

Joonsuk said

"You"

Taehyung said in a voice full of anger this time which made the man chuckle even deeper and darker. The killer is in front of him but he has no idea who it is. Only a faint part of his face is seen, Taehyung thought in frustration.

"You're the one who killed my parents, right?"

Taehyung asked and a tear fell from his frightened and angered eyes. The man just laughed. And Taehyung threw a punch towards him, causing him to stumble on his feet. Joonsuk cussed, pulled out his knife and planted it on Taehyung's side.

"You will never catch me, Kim Taehyung. You and your brother will never catch me"

Joonsuk said and pulled out the feisty object on Taehyung's side and walked away from him naturally. Taehyung just stood there, his hands covering the blood dripping from his side and his face covered with his tears.

"Taehyung-ah!"

Jimin called from afar and walked his way to greet Taehyung. But the latter slowly broke into his knees, falling down helplessly.

"TAEHYUNG-AH!"

Jimin shouted in panic and ran towards Taehyung who already lost his consciousness, and that's when he saw Taehyung covered with blood. Jimin panicked and shouted for help as he dials the emergency number for a rescue team to show up.

"Yah! Taehyung-ah! Wake up, please"

Jimin said, forbidding his tears to fall as he fears for Taehyung, as he fears for himself.

*

Namjoon sat beside the hospital bed, holding Taehyung's hand tightly. He didn't know that it would be this fast for them.

"Hyung, you don't have to stay here. You have work tomorrow"

Jimin said

"And you? You're skipping classes?"

Namjoon scolded

"No. There will be no classes for me tomorrow, hyung. I'll be here all day with him"

Jimin said

"Uhm. Take care of him tomorrow, Jimin-ah"

Namjoon said

"I'm sorry, hyung"

Jimin said all of a sudden and bowed down his head as his tears fell down. Namjoon stood up and went to him.

"It's not your fault, Jimin"

Namjoon said

"No, hyung. If only I went there faster, this would not happen"

Jimin said

"No. You were fast enough, Jimin. You saved Taehyung. You protected him well. Okay?"

Namjoon comforted the younger. 'This is all my fault', he said to himself. He always says this to himself. Namjoon went out of the hospital to go home, leaving Taehyung to Jimin for the whole night. But he was surprised to see Seokjin outside of the hospital as well.

"Hyung! Why are you here?"

Namjoon asked in surprise. Seokjin can only smile as he walked forward towards Namjoon and put on some sweater on him and a scarf.

"Hyung, I, they're watching"

Namjoon said

"You forgot your defense against winter, Kim Namjoon"

Seokjin said as he finally finishes tying the scarf around Namjoon's neck. Seokjin smiled and hovered his arms to Namjoon and forced him to walk.

"Hyung"

Namjoon called but Seokjin stayed silent. They're just walking under the cold night of winter. And for the very first time, the snow fell just like what the weather forecast had predicted. Seokjin stopped walking and faced Namjoon, placing his hands on Namjoon's shoulders.

"What happened today is not your fault, Namjoon-ah"

Seokjin said

"You don't have to blame yourself"

Seokjin added. Namjoon looked up to stop his tears but the falling snow made him not to do it, but instead, made him cry again in front of Seokjin, and again this time, offered him his warm body to comfort him from everything that happened today.

"Hyung"

Namjoon called in between his cries

"Thank you"

Namjoon said

"Thank you for being here with me"

Namjoon added and Seokjin can only smile as he caresses Namjoon's hair and back for comfort. But the bad things surrounding the both of them can only find a better way to make them slip and fall. Everything will be chaotic.