MISLEADING

ALL THE BEAUTIFUL THINGS

"The younger is still studying the law?"

Seok Min asked

"Yes. Perhaps, he must have only took it now for a living and not to get back at you, Director"

Joonsuk replied after he took a sip of his home-brewed tea.

"And Namjoon?"

Seok Min interrogated more

"He's currently a part of a fashion magazine as a writer"

Joonsuk replied and the reality made the old man laugh his out. A business management graduate who only settled for being a writer, Seok Min can only criticize. He thought that the guy has yet to be successful at KGC only if he isn't related to the attention-seeking parents of him.

"So, we're not gonna do anything, Director?"

Joonsuk asked

"No. Leave them be. They'll never win against us anyway"

Seok Min said confidently. He's the upperhand in this situation. Those brothers can't climb up and bring him down - never.

*

"How is Seokjin hyung?"

Taehyung asked to Namjoon as soon as he reached his brother, sitting anxiously outside the emergency room.

"Still no news from the doctors"

Namjoon replied. Taehyung can't believe his eyes. He is seeing his older brother caring for another person like this. And the fact that it's his Seokjin hyung delighted him more. It's been over a year and he sensed how Namjoon got sad being without Seokjin.

"When did you meet him again, hyung?"

Taehyung asked

"Yesterday"

Namjoon replied shortly. Taehyung nodded and sat beside his brother, caressing his back for comfort.

"Whatever that may be, Seokjin hyung will be strong"

Taehyung said those warm words that made the worry on Namjoon's eyes turned into glistened glow of relief. Jimin smiled as well and he knows that Taehyung wanted Namjoon to realize the true importance of Seokjin towards him. Sometimes, how his love of his life acts can be very unpredicatble, yet it only makes the situation even happier and stronger.

A few moments later, the doctor finally came out of the emergency room, telling that they should transfer Seokjin on the recovery room for a short while and told Namjoon to book for the in-patient and to come to visit his clinic right after that. They did as they are told, Namjoon processed the papers and, Taehyung and Jimin went to look after Seokjin.  The latter looked incredibly pale which made the two worry about him.

"What could have happened? Extreme stress? Fatigue?"

Jimin asked

"Maybe, yes. He must have appointments here in the US instead of a vacation"

Taehyung replied

"So, you'll be staying here, hyung? Am I right?"

Jimin asked this time and earned a nod from Namjoon

"I have to wait for the results of the laboratories. Seokjin hyung is alone here in the US. I'll have to be with him for a while"

Namjoon said which made Taehyung so happy inside of him.

"Okay. We'll visit here again tomorrow"

Jimin said and dragged Taehyung out of the room who's spacing out already - trying to imagine the littlest things that could happen between the two.

Namjoon sighed as soon as the two came out and his eyes are locked on Seokjin's face. What could've happened - he doesn't know nor he had any idea or assumptions that is valid.

But his agony of waiting finally halted when the doctor came in with a female nurse whose uniform on its chest part is almost bursting out. She has a lot of blessings and the doctor beside her was a bit distracted.

"We had an emergency operation. His appendix were swollen and we had to remove it before it can explode"

The doctor said. Namjoon felt relieved that it was only the appendix. But that was only the first part.

"We had several tries to get him back"

The doctor said which made Namjoon's eyes widen in surprise.

"W-what do you mean?"

Namjoon asked with a shaky voice

"That' why we had requested for results. I requested it as soon as possible and it came out that the patient had been suffering from a brain tumor"

The doctor said. Namjoon can't believe his ears nor his heart that's wrenching him at the moment. He is afraid.

"It's not cancerous nor malignant. It's just pressing near his optical regions that may affect his line of sight sometimes.

 

But the risk is very minimal. Removal of it, for now, is not recommended. Or we might complicate things. However, the patient needs more rest. He needs to take a break from every vigorous things and to works that require mental stresses"

 

The doctor further explained. Namjoon nodded and the doctor gave him some prescriptions and what to do every now and then to Seokjin's operated side.

 

"Hyung, did you hear everything?"

 

Namjoon asked the sleeping Seokjin

 

"You'll be fine. I will stay beside you"

 

Namjoon said, not knowing a conscious Seokjin who just shed a tear. Sometimes, concealing the truth can save someone from pain. Seokjin's risk - is very high.