SEA URCHIN

ALL THE BEAUTIFUL THINGS

"Wow", Namjoon can only say those words. He'll be riding an airplane for the first time in his life. Taehyung even got the chance earlier than him and speaking of his younger brother, he is indeed living his words. No morning panic, no fixing of his messy hair and no perfume on. That was the scenario Namjoon has been seeing for two days. And now that he will leave for a week, he wonders how will everything go for Taehyung. He just hopes he'll still study hard to pass his first bar exams coming up.

Seokjin stood up and Namjoon followed him with his gaze. He just went to the bathroom but security matters, Namjoon thought. Though they are in a VIP plane, Seokjin's enemies are also high profiled. And he just became his personal bodyguard as well in this business trip. He's been doing all sorts of work, except driving. But he plans to get a license already. He wants to drive the company car once and for all.

With his cellphone on, he carefully rereads their itinerary and only two days are alloted for Seokjin's free time and probably his as well. Why is it so short, Namjoon thought. But he can't also be a nagger about this as two days is already more than enough for him to say that he went on a vacation. But will he really have a vacation? He doubts about it because they are going for a 'business' trip and that means 'work'.

Two hours have passed and they finally arrived in Manila, Philippines. They've stopped over at Diamond Hotel for the reason of Seokjin being hungry and craving for food. That's the nearest they can go and somehow, he regrets not having a direct flight to Iloilo, Philippines, it only made him too hungry and the want or the need rather, to stuff his face with tons of food just builds up.

"Two bird's nest soup with garlic bread, two medium rare steak, one cold pasta and a bottle of white wine"

Seokjin ordered naturally. His English is not as fluent as Namjoon's but the latter smiled as he finds it too cute. It's not even the first time he heard him say something in English. It's just that, this time seemed different. The foods arrived one by one. The soup is amazing that it almost made Namjoon full but who can't say no to steak? Even Seokjin stuffs his mouth as if he is not a President of a company who makes $50 million a day. He's too humble at this state, Namjoon thought.

After the savory lunch, they've booked a flight and immediately after almost an hour, have arrived in Iloilo International Airport and the car that Yoongi and Hoseok said was already there to fetch them and travel directly to their resort in Concepcion. It was a long ride over there, almost four hours until they reached the little fjord.

"Are we there yet?"

Seokjin asked Namjoon who asked the driver. And the answer is no. They still need to ride a motor boat and travel for another 30 minutes to reach the resort. Seokjin's already sweating, as well as Namjoon. It's too hot for them. The travel time is incredibly long as well. Plus the hot sun that goes directly down on to them.

Namjoon tried to contact Taehyung but there was no reception to call his brother, a text message was the only way. Their boat finally arrived and Namjoon got on it first as he had to bring their luggage in. Seokjin was too afraid because the little bridge towards the boat seems unsteady and underneath is already seawater and rocks.

"President Kim, it'll be fine"

Namjoon said but Seokjin is too afraid. Namjoon went out and helped the boatman to guide Seokjin. Namjoon offered his hand and Seokjin took it comfortably and that's the only time Seokjin trusted the boatman's hand to guide him as well.

"One more step"

Namjoon continued to guide until Seokjin finally is in safety. Though his sweat are protruding on his forehead, he now finally feels calm. Namjoon offered the lifevest to Seokjin and the President thanked him. Namjoon smiled as he noticed how child-like Seokjin's face is right now. Seokjin noticed two pairs of eyes looking at him, so he turned his head to Namjoon's direction.

"Are you laughing at me?"

Seokjin asked and Namjoon shook his head, no.

"Well then, why are you looking at me like that?"

Seokjin asked. Namjoon chuckled and lowered his head to hide before saying something.

"Because you're cute"

Namjoon said. Seokjin's eyebrows  raised at the statement. He didn't expected such compliment. He coughed a bit to take away the awkwardness. 

The ride was filled with beautiful sceneries made by both the mountains and seas. The mountain being hard to reach and the sea trying to go up the mountain with the vast view of the sea makes both of their insides twitch in both sadness and excitement. Their sentimental side pushes the sadness to come out yet the child-like side also persuades happiness to win. Not long enough, they've seen the beautiful island with a naturally-formed sandbar on it. It's still simple and is under the plans of further beautification. But the simplicity of it can already take you away from the realm of this universe and bring you to a wonderful adventure.

Hoseok happily welcomes the both of them as he waves a small flaglet that says 'Welcome'. A very white in complexion man came to him and encircled his arms on Hoseok's waist. That is Min Yoongi. Seokjin smiled at the both of them and feeling happy about their very vocal relationship to everyone. Namjoon guided Seokjin again while going down of the motor boat to the fine white sand of the island, causing a misunderstanding to occur.

"Is he your boyfriend? You didn't mention anything about this! OMG!"

Hoseok blurted out and became all giddy. Seokjin scoffed.

"I didn't mention any because it's not true"

Seokjin answered and Namjoon laughed and nodded, agreeing to what the President had said. Hoseok's face turned grim because of Seokjin's answer and Yoongi hissed because of it. He doesn't want his happy ball of sunshine to even become bored or something, especially being sad.

"Let's just go to your cottage, Kim Seokjin"

Yoongi started

"Hyung"

And he added as he teased the older about honorifics again. The four of them went to their cottage where they'll stay for the whole week and Seokjin liked how there are beddings and a good ventilation already. But Namjoon is going to sleep outside of it and that will be one of the hardest for him here - to be on the verge of being bitten by mosquitoes is there are some.

After a short unpacking of things, the four of them started to survey the whole island. It was just recently bought by Hoseok and Yoongi, and they wanted to be partners with Seokjin this time, especially that he is a person who loves to try various kinds of business.

"This here can be a beautiful spot for sun bathing. The chocolate-like mountain there and the sun that directly hits here are two good reasons"

Hoseok explained. Namjoon takes note of everything as they will probably be consulting engineers and landscape artists for opinions and constructions. Seokjin, with his sunglasses on, looks like a total tourist with that charisma of artists or some rich guy. His presence is a head turner for everyone in the island, from youngsters to adults. Some would even say hi to him out loud and shout as he waves back to them.

"You really enjoy this, don't you?"

Yoongi asked and Seokjin nodded graciously. Namjoon chuckled beside him. Well, he agrees about his boss' looks. But he still finds it cute everytime he does these things. He's like a small baby asking for attention, Namjoon thought. But it works, Namjoon praises.

"Are you laughing again at me?"

Seokjin asked

"Because you're cute will still be my answer, President"

Namjoon replied and chuckled again, a mixture of tease and praise. Hoseok shouted with invisible butterflies flying around him. He's giddy about the sweet vines rappling around Namjoon.

"OMG. Can you repeat what you just said?"

Hoseok requested

"Stop it, jagi. You're embarassing him"

Yoongi said, almost jealous of the attention Hoseok is giving to Namjoon by just making him repeat what he said a while ago. Namjoon just smiled awkwardly and Seokjin started to drag Hoseok away. His ears became red for an unknown reason. He shouldn't be feeling that. He hissed.

"Okay, last stop, here. What do you think can we do here?"

Yoongi started the conversation. Seokjin paused in talking as he just savors the view with his eyes and thinking deeply what else could be done in this blessed place of wonder and beauty.

"A little replica of a lighthouse"

Namjoon said out of the blue, not knowing that what he had in mind came out loud. He was just thinking about how everyone can enjoy the whole scenery of the island itself and the other surrounding islands and the vast sea around it. He was just thinking of him and Taehyung, being able to see all the beautiful things after they succeeded in giving justice to their parents.

"And love locks? A replica of what we had in Namsan Tower. That's a good idea, Kim Namjoon"

Seokjin praised. Namjoon had his eyes wide open. He didn't know that would be a great idea. As the first draft of the things to improve and create around the island is finished, the four of them gathered on the beach volleyball court and started playing together. Yoongi was a bit slow in the first round but heated up along the way. Namjoon seemed clumsy and Seokjin keeps on nagging at him, smacking his palm on Namjoon's arms.

"Can't you do it straight?!"

Seokjin scolded Namjoon

"I'm sorry. I'll do better"

Namjoon said. But better never came in their way, Hoseok and Yoongi won, and as a punishment, either Namjoon or Seokjin will be splashed on the sea. Rock, paper, scissors. Thrice a row, Namjoon won.

"Wow. This is unfair. You that brings the ball out always will not get the penalty?"

Seokjin nagged

"Sorry, my apologies, President Kim"

Namjoon teased naturally, as if they've been close friends for decades of years already. In the end, there's nothing he can do. Yoongi, Hoseok and Namjoon carried Seokjin and in the count of three, splashed him on the water.

"1,2,3!!!"

*splash*

Seokjin scrampled up as he was not that ready to breath in some air. But unfortunately, he stepped on something that pricked him - a sea urchin. Everyone panicked and hurried to get him out of the water and bringing him to their cottage. Three thorns were stuck on his feet and without further notice, Namjoon pricked them all out, earning a loud scream from Seokjin.

"I'll pee on your feet, President. They said that's one of the greates remedies when you got pricked by sea urchins"

Namjoon said

"Wait, what?! No! Why would you?"

Seokjin protested

"That's the best way, President. If you don't want to feel all the sting for how many long days"

Namjoon said

"Yeah yeah. That's true, Seokjin hyung"

Hoseok agreed, but his mind is up for his creative imaginations as well so Yoongi pulled him out of the scene before Hoseok can say something else.

"F-fine! But, don't pee directly on my feet!!!"

Seokjin said

"Of course. What are you thinking, President?"

Namjoon teased as he gets an empty bottle of water and went to someplace hidden and peed inside. He came back after and held Seokjin's foot steady to pour his urine on it. Seokjin screamed loudly because it stings a lot and it makes him cuss every cuss words he knows.

"There. Done"

Namjoon said and gets his handkerchief to cover on the affected area of Seokjin's foot.

"Have some rest, President. You'll be fine tomorrow"

Namjoon said and Seokjin closed his eyes automatically. Namjoon was about to go out when Seokjin said something.

"Thank you, Namjoon-ah"