VERSUS

ALL THE BEAUTIFUL THINGS

"Taehyung-ah"

Jimin said as soon as Taehyung slowly moves his head. Finally, he's awake after a two days sleep.

"Jimin-ah"

Taehyung said with a smile on his face. A glow up like this when he woke up will always remind him that his life is full of beautiful things - even if such things can happen to him. Jimin went closer and caressed Taehyung's cheeks.

"I'm glad you're fine now"

Jimin said with a relieved smile. Taehyung smiled too but only a faint one. He is still feeling weak.

"Where is Namjoon hyung?"

Taehyung asked

"He's working. Both for Seokjin hyung and the thing that happened to you. Do you have any enemies at school? No, does somebody envy you or something?"

Jimin asked with a very worried expression. Why would he not be? He was the first person to witness Taehyung with blood dripping from his side. But Taehyung hesitated to answer. His life was endangered because of the same person who killed their parents. He was warned to stop by this life threatening threat. If he tells Jimin or Namjoon, they will be in sole trouble too. He can't afford to do that.

"No, tell Namjoon hyung that it's pure robbery case. Somebody approached me to take my stuffs but I was able to protect my belongings"

Taehyung said a white lie. It's for the best, he thought.

"Yah! You managed to protect your belongings and be stabbed like this?! Are you sane?!"

Jimin scolded. Who would've thought that this happened to him just because he loved his stuffs more than his own life?, Jimin can only argue and suppress his pissed off feelings. Taehyung is thankful that he is wounded or else, Jimin would've smacked and punch him already.

"Tsk. I'll call Namjoon hyung and tell him that you woke up. I'll be telling him about your stupidity that caused you this"

Jimin said and Taehyung can also show a fake chuckle towards Jimin. He is sorry for lying, but he'll be more than sorry if something bad will happen to either Jimin or Namjoon. Meanwhile, despite Jimin telling him, Namjoon is more convinced that it's the same person who sent him the threat too.

"Namjoon-ah. You really have to stay silent in the meantime"

Seokjin said and Namjoon can only nod. He will never know the person's mind. He reallyhas to stay silent if he wants to make everything run on his own hands and not the killer's. Namjoon chuckled.

"Yah, why are you laughing?"

Seokjin asked, confused

"We're both having threats, hyung. Isn't it quite humorous? We even pledged to protect each other"

Namjoon said and Seokjin nodded with a chuckle to agree with Namjoon's line of thinking. It's true. Seokjin is threatened by Kihyun and Namjoon is threatened by the still unidentified man. But with both situations, Seokjin weighs Namjoon's situation a lot more heavier. He has a brother to protect. Seokjin only has a company. Before Namjoon can say anything, a knock was heard and the door opened with Mr. Yoon.

"President Kim, your father is here"

Mr. Yoon reported and not for long, Kim Seok Min entered the office with a very serious face printed on him. Seokjin and Namjoon stood up to offer their greetings.

"I want everyone to leave, except you, son"

Seok Min ordered and everyone else left the office. Namjoon even felt uneasy about it. He felt like there will be something wrong today. But he decided to just shrugged it off.

"Mr. Yoon, can I take some time off to visit my brother at the hospital?"

Namjoon asked permission and Mr. Yoon can only allow him to go. It's a family member after all and he also sensed that it will be a long talk between the two inside.

Namjoon knocked before entering Taehyung's room and saw his brother with a resounding sound of sleeping. He slowly placed the fruits he bought for Taehyung at the table as in time, the door opened and Jimin came in.

"Hyung"

Jimin said in a whispering voice. Namjoon tapped Jimin's shoulder in return.

"Hyung"

Another voice called which actually came crom Taehyung who just woke up. The rustling sound of the plastic bag that Namjoon has been touching to transfer the fruits to thw basket awakened him from sleep. Namjoon can't hide his smile upon seeing that his brother is doing fine by now.

"Hyung, save your nags towards him. He pleaded me to do the same while he's here"

Jimin said thinking that Namjoon might throw his anger towards Taehyung just like what he did when he knew the reason why Taehyung was stabbed.

"You don't have to remind me. I'm saving every nag I know for him later on"

Namjoon reassured and Taehyung believed the front that Namjoon showed to him. He felt relieved that Namjoon believed his stupid lie.

*

"How's the company and the businesses you added to it?"

Seok Min asked his son

"We're near to be called a corporation, aboji. I've been seeing foreign investors as well"

Seokjin said with confidence to his father

"Good. Then what about Jang Kihyun of Simjeong Shipping who keeps on threatening you?"

Seok Min asked

"He's still sending his immature threats. I'm slowly digging a hole on his business"

Seokjin replied

"Why don't you just finish him quickly, son? He's been doing that for years. Aren't you annoyed? I can hire someone for you, if you want"

Seok Min asked and suggested

"I am annoyed but I have my own ways to take my enemies down, aboji"

Seokjin answered

"Are you belittling my power by that statement?"

Seok Min starts to get pissed off

"No. I'm just saying that there's no need to end someone's life just to let them not get into your way"

Seokjin opposed which made Seok Min chuckled darkly.

"You surely know now how to humiliate me"

Seok Min said

"You are somehow changed, son. Who taught you?"

Seok Min continued

"Is it a guy called Kim Namjoon?"

Seok Min said

"Aboji"

Seokjin said. Seok Min took out an envelope and threw it down the table in front of Seokjin.

"What is this?"

Seokjin asked but his father won't answer. He took out what's inside of the envelope and saw a compilation of 4x4 pictures.

"I can see now why you are acting up, Kim Seokjin"

Seok Min said. Seokjin scanned the pictures. It was all taken from the time he waited for Namjoon outside the hospital.

"Why the heck are you showing sympathy over a person that you haven't even seen how much loyal he is to you?!"

Seok Min scolded

"Namjoon is someone I can trust, aboji"

Seokjin replied

"How sure are you?! You haven't even asked a life situation errand to him"

Seok Min argued more

"I won't do what you are doing before, aboji"

Seokjin firmed up

"Do you even have the idea that these pictures are all over the internet?! People have mouths to spread rumors! Fire that man now, Kim Seokjin!"

Seok Min ordered

"Why would I be bothered with just pictures, aboji? I told you. I trust Namjoon. I need that man you are telling me to fire. And who cares about rumors? It dies down eventually!"

Seokjin rebutted

"Fire him or I'll do my business"

Seok Min remarked and stood up, a warning to leave Seokjin alone in the office

"Why? Why do you interfere with my life all of a sudden?"

Seokjin asked

"I have always been interfering"

Seok Min answered

"No, aboji. You haven't. So answer me. What's with Namjoon that you would want me to fire him?"

Seokjin asked

"Do as I say, son"

Seok Min answered indirectly, with power, confusing Seokjin more and making him pissed a ton.