UNTOLD TRUTH

ALL THE BEAUTIFUL THINGS

The elevator door opened and his eyes met the gaze of the man he's been wanting to see. Namjoon smiled and Seokjin welcomed him with a soft smile.

"I'll head inside the office first"

Jungkook said.

Namjoon smiled shyly as he meets Seokjin's eyes again. He inched closer to him.

"It's been a long time"

Namjoon said.

"It really is"

Seokjin replied.

"How have you been?"

Namjoon asked.

"I'm doing well. How about you?"

Seokjin asked back.

"Me too"

Namjoon replied.

"Hyung"

Namjoon added.

"Uhm...yes?"

Seokjin replied. Namjoon hesitated to say something and rubbed his neck shyly. Seokjin took a step forward, closing the gap between them, startling Namjoon.

"I..."

Seokjin said.

"...miss you"

Seokjin added and rested his head on Namjoon's left shoulder, shedding silently a tear. Namjoon's heart started to beat wildly making him breathe heavily.

"Me too"

Namjoon said and pulled Seokjin into a hug. His warmth eased his wild heart into a beat that's calm. Seokjin cried harder at the gesture. Taehyung, Jimin and Jungkook saw the two of them looking so comfortable and happy. They looked at each other and Taehyung smiled sadly.

"Do I really have to tell him today?"

Taehyung asked.

"Uhm...if not today, when will you tell him? Isn't it better to be hurt right now rather than living in a lie and be hurt later?"

Jimin said.

"It'll be their choice once the truth comes out"

Jimin added.

"Uhm. Okay"

Taehyung replied. Jimin pulled him into a hug, telling him that everything's going to be fine.

"Hyung, there is something I want to tell you"

Namjoon said without breaking the hug. He can't let this pass anymore. He waited long enough to miss the boat.

"Back in the US, you saw me got a girlfriend. We broke up, hyung"

Namjoon said.

"Why? You two looked great"

Seokjin said.

"She noticed"

Namjoon said.

"Noticed what?"

Seokjin asked and looked at Namjoon directly, still hugging each other.

"That I like you"

Namjoon said straightly which made Seokjin blush in an instant and hide his face on Namjoon's shoulder again.

"I could've known sooner, hyung"

Namjoon said.

"Do you...still like me?"

Namjoon askdd nervously. Seokjin looked at him, escaping himself from the hug. He took a step backward.

"I got operated when I came back here. It's a partial removal of the tumor. I'm still having medications here and there"

Seokjin said.

"I wished you were there with me during my operation. I was so afraid not to see you ever again"

Seokjin added.

"So...does that mean...you still..."

Namjoon asked hesitantly and Seokjin hummed while nodding his head yes. Namjoon smiled and pulled him into a tighter hug.

"Hyung, today's our first day, okay?"

Namjoon said excitedly but Seokjin pushed him away.

"Do I have the honor to be with you?"

Seokjin asked as he reaches for Namjoon's right hand.

"After tonight, if you still think the same, if you still feel the same..."

Seokjin said as he places a ring on Namjoon's pinky finger.

"...if you think it's fine to see me, give this ring back to me"

Seokjin added.

"I wish that you could still love me, Namjoon-ah"

Seokjin said.

"기다릴게요" (I will wait for you)

Seokjin whispered and rode on the elevator, leaving Namjoon so confused. He looked at the ring on his pinky finger and caressed it before heading inside the office. Taehyung greeted Namjoon with a hug and the older nagged at him for not having time to pick him up earlier at the airport.

"So...what is it that you will tell me?"

Namjoon asked as soon as he's settled down. Jimin placed a picture of a man on his 50s at the table. Namjoon looked at it and his eyebrows frowned.

"Kim Joonsuk-nim?"

Namjoon uttered his name.

"Our uncle, dad's stepbrother"

Taehyung said.

"What?!"

Namjoon asked surprisingly.

"And he knew the two of us, since birth"

Taehyung added.

Namjoon can't believe his ears. If if he knew them, he would've introduced himself to him when they met in the company. But he never did.

"And this"

Jimin said as he placed the broken bracelet he found from the crime scene earlier.

"Kim Joonsuk...lost this"

Jimin said.

"I was uncertain at first but then, I had it examined by a colleague inside the forensics team and it matched the fingerprints to Kim Joonsuk. The crime scene must have something to do with him as well"

Jimin continued.

"This colleague of Jimin hyung is the son of the witness we found, hyung"

Jungkook said.

"I don't really understand. What does it have to do with Joonsuk-nim and your case?"

Namjoom asked in confusion. Taehyung sighed as he sat beside his brother, placing his hands on Namjoon's hands. Jimin massaged his temple as a sign of stress and worry and Jungkook bites his lips and nervously plays with his fingers. Namjoon took a deep breath and faced Taehyung.

"KGC was then managed by Kim Seok Min and while our father was finding news to cover, he accidentally saw him dealing with foreigners with drugs and guns. He took a clip secretly and when he got home, showed to our mother together with another person - Lee Sukjae, the father of Jimin's colleague"

Taehyung said.

"But there were not only two of them during that night. Our uncle, came that day and overheard everything. Sukjae-nim told us that our father tried to leak the information on media platforms but that only lead to his suspension. But he was so eager to tell everyone the truth"

Taehyung continued.

"That time, our uncle is financially challenged. Sukjae-nim saw them quarelling around two weeks before the incident. Then, the incident happened and a few weeks later, Sukjae-nim found out that our uncle started working for KGC's president, leaving the police force. He tried to follow our uncle as he was really suspicious of what happened and he was caught by the man he tails around"

Taehyung keeps on telling the details to Namjoon who has been suppressing his emotions from the very beginning.

"Here"

Jungkook said as he placed a flash drive on his laptop and played an audio file.

"Do you think you can...(broken audio)...Kim Seok Min is protecting me"

Joonsuk said

"How can you do that to your own brother?"

Sukjae asked

"Stepbrother"

Joonsuk said and laughed

"What has become of y-(broken audio)...kill them?"

Sukjae asked but Joonsuk laughed out loud.

"Uhm, I did"

Joonsuk replied without showing any sign of remorse from his voice.

"Do y-(broken audio)...to be next in line?"

Joonsuk asked

Jungkook replayed the file once again. They tried several times to restore the audio but this is the best that they could.

"Why did he not step up during the trials?!"

Namjoon asked angrily, clenching his fists and his teeth.

"They threatened him that they will kill his only son and his wife. At first he was certain that he can handle the threats given to him and he secretly published articles and gave the audio file to a prosecutor. But it did not reach the court trials - the prosecutor was of KGC's and the audio file was burned. Not only that, because of the published articles spreading around, his wife was killed on their house, ually harassed before she was killed with multiple stabs. His son, fortunately, was having a vacation at his grandparent's house. After the death of his wife, he sent a letter to KGC telling them that he will shut up and live quietly outside of Korea"

Taehyung told.

"They transferred in the US right after that and lived there but KGC did not know that he's in the US - he never told them where they are and they processed to change their names to English back then. And I met him there, when I was trying to look for ways on how to reveal the truth and capture the culprits, he saw me - and remembered a hint of our father's face in me"

Taehyung continued.

"Then...did all of this happened because of our uncle's greed?"

Namjoon asked hesitantly and is unsure of his own question.

"Hyung, it was Kim Seok Min's order to kill our parents"

Taehyung said.

"But it is on our own uncle's hands that they died. These two...these two took our parents away from us"

Taehyung said in a cracked voice as he shed tears, remembering the tragic event that happened 18 years ago. Jimin came to him and held his hands to comfort him. Namjoon covered his face with his hands and the next thing he knew was to find Seokjin.

"I have to go"

Namjoon said and hurried himself outside. He searched for Seokjin around the vicinity of the company, running around like a lost person, not knowing what he will do when he finally sees the person he's been looking for. Mr. Yoon saw a familiar face and he called him.

"Namjoon-ah!"

Mr. Yoon shouted and he came to him to give him a quick man hug.

"Seokjin...where is he?"

Namjoon asked immediately, not minding Mr. Yoon who was taken aback by the serious face Namjoon projects.

"Well...he's at the rooftop. He told me that he'll ca -- Hey! Namjoon-ah!"

Mr. Yoon called him as he really looks like in a hurry. Namjoon felt anxious as the elevator goes up and up. As soon as he reached the door to the rooftop, he took a deep breath and opened it - revealing in front of him - Seokjin passing out at the hands of the person he loathes to see - Kim Joonsuk.