CLOSER

ALL THE BEAUTIFUL THINGS

It's just 6:30 am but Mr. Yoon already hears loud laughters as soon as the elevator door opened coming from the President's office.'His father might be here', Mr. Yoon said, for sometimes, those two are like car windshields laughing when they hang out together. So he decided to just have some coffee at the nearby coffee shop near KGC.

But his guess was wrong. Seokjin isn't with his father - he is with Namjoon. For some reason yesterday, after Namjoon told his fears to Seokjin, they ended up having more serious talks and a battle of drinking beer. Seokjin told his struggles, Namjoon told his regrets. In over a night, they've shared so much that they've become closer.

"Would you like to go to my place again?"

Namjoon asked

"And be bothered by Jungkook? He was so close to me that I felt uncomfortable"

Seokjin nagged

"Aye. That kid is somehow clingy. Even my brother is still jealous of him if he clings on Jimin"

Namjoon said

"Oh! Jimin and Taehyung are together right?"

Seokjin asked. Namjoon chuckled.

"Yes, they are, indeed. Taehyung liked him for 13 years. But Jimin confessed first after they fought"

Namjoon narrated

"Heol! Really?"

Seokjin said

"Yeah. That's how it worked out as they said. Well, basically, I'm so glad about it. Too glad"

Namjoon said

"Why? Because you have someone who'll cook for you?"

Seokjin said and laughed out loud again as last night he let Namjoon slice some onion.

"Yah!"

Namjoon said

"Yah?! Yah! I'm older than you!"

Seokjin nagged. Namjoon laughed hard and patted Seokjin's head for comfort.

"I'M NOT A KID!!!"

Seokjin shouted and continuously smacked Namjoon's shoulders who in return, is just letting him do it even if he's actually hurting.

"Can I call you, hyung?"

Namjoon said all of a sudden which made Seokjin stop his whining. Namjoon looked worried when Seokjin didn't answer.

"Oh. I'm sorry"

Namjoon said but Seokjin smiled sweetly

"Sure. You can call me hyung"

Seokjin said and this time, had the chance to Namjoon's hair like he is a kid. Namjoon whined in return.

"Go and take a shower now, hyung. It'll be 7am soon"

Namjoon said

"And you?"

Seokjin asked

"I'll just wash up at the washroom outside, hyung"

Namjoon said. Seokjin laughed as he finds it funny.

"Anyway, you can wait for me to finish and shower in there too"

Seokjin offered

"No need, hyung"

Namjoon said

"Then I insist as your superior in work. Wait here"

Seokjin said and walked inside his room in the office to take some shower. Namjoon smiled on his own and felt all giddy. He even jumped up and down the sofa again as he can't contain his feels. I must be insane right now, he thought to himself. 

Seokjin finished in 15 minutes, so Namjoon had a luxury of 15 minutes as well before 7am strikes and Mr. Yoon will show up. Namjoon was completely amazed the moment he stepped inside the room. It felt so cozy even just by looking at it. But he has no time to spare to look around so he just took a shower.

Meanwhile, Seokjin started cooking their breakfast at the kitchen. He wanted to cook for Namjoon now that he knows that the latter can't cook for himself. But Namjoon got into a very big trouble. His clothes slipped from his hands and it's now in a very awkward place and he didn't bring his clothes from locker as well. He smacked his forehead for this. Seokjin heard three knocks and the door opened, throwing Mr. Yoon inside just right the clock hits 7am.

"Good morning, Mr. President"

Mr. Yoon greeted. Seokjin was a bit flustered. He was cooking and he already placed the dishes for two people at the dining table.

"Oh. Is your father still here?"

Mr. Yoon asked. Seokjin was taken aback but was thankful as that was Mr. Yoon's line of thinking.

"Oh. Yes. Ha-ha"

Seokjin said

"Well then, I shall go and take the rounds"

Mr. Yoon said

"Ah yes. Thanks, Mr. Yoon"

Seokjin said

"And by the way, a board meeting will be held at 10am"

Mr. Yoon reminded. Seokjin nodded and Mr. Yoon made his way out. Seokjin wiped the sweat protruding on his forehead and continued to finish the omelette he was making. The table was already set after some time, but Namjoon isn't out still. So he went to check on Namjoon himself. He knocked on the bathroom door three times as he calls out Namjoon's name.

"Are you done?"

Seokjin asked

"Yes, hyung. It's just that, I don't have my clothes here now"

Namjoon said

"Then, just wear your yesterday's clothes for now"

Seokjin suggested

"Yes, but it accidentally slipped out of my hands"

Namjoon replied

"And?"

Seokjin continued to ask

"It went inside the basin"

Namjoon said which made Seokjin chuckle silently outside

"Did everything went inside the basin?"

Seokjin asked

"Yes"

Namjoon replied shyly.

"What? I can't hear you"

Seokjin asked again

"Yes! And I didn't bring any clothes from my locker"

Namjoon said. Seokjin's eyes widened and just went his way to his closet, lending his clothes to Namjoon. Oh, and the undergarment he lent is new. He just bought it from online and has arrived two days ago.

"Open the door"

Seokjin said. Namjoon's eyes widened in return. Why would Seokjin want him to open the door? He's halfly uncovered!

"W-w-why?!"

Namjoon asked nervously. His mind is playing different scenarios of his own imaginations.

"I'm lending you my clothes so open the door. You sound like you're thinking about something else"

Seokjin said but his ears, without him knowing is even redder than red. Namjoon calmed down and opened the door for Seokjin, hiding his body and only his face is seen, like peeping.

"Here"

Seokjin handed down his clothes

"Thanks, hyung"

Namjoon said cutely but the knob of the door of Seokjin's room suddenly turned, indicating an incoming person. Seokjin's eyes widened and pushed himself inside the bathroom and closed the door.

"What the - "

Seokjin covered Namjoon's mouth immediately and signaled him to keep quiet. Namjoon blinked his eyes fastly and his heart started to palpitate in a very unusual way. He is starting to be out of his breath. Seokjin locked eyes with Namjoon, he too, is just trying to fight his way out of his unusual self this time.

"Seokjin?"

A familiar voice is calling him out. It's his father. Seokjin released Namjoon's mouth and just signaled him to keep quiet.

"Aboji?"

Seokjin replied

"Oh. You're still taking a bath?"

Seok Min asked again. Seokjin then started to take his clothes away from him. Namjoon turned his back from Seokjin. He wasn't warned at all! He probably need an oxygen tank right now.

"I'm already finished"

Seokjin replied who just finished wetting his hair too and his upper body again and went out on time.

"Aboji"

Seokjin greeted his father. But one thing is not right. Mr. Yoon is with his father.

"I see you have prepared a meal? But there are two bowls served. Are you expecting me? But that unusual for you. Are you with someone? Who's the girl? And where is she now?"

Seok Min asked excitedly. Namjoon still inside the bathroom had his eyes widened. 'A girl?!', Namjoon said to himself who is still recovering from what happened a while ago.

"Oh, I don't have someone with me, aboji. I prepared it for Mr. Yoon as a thank you for what he did yesterday for me"

Seokjin said a very unbuyable excuse for Mr. Yoon himself. But of course, Seok Min buyed it.

"I thought you have a girlfriend now, son"

Seok Min said

"I will, in time. But let me just finish dressing up and I'll prepare another meal for you"

Seokjin said

"Okay then. Anyway, you look so manly with just a towel"

Seok Min praised his son and went out. Seokjin immediately closed the door and went back to Namjoon who is now dressing up.

"You know what? We look like we are having some affair"

Seokjin remarked

"Where shall I hide then?"

Namjoon asked

"Just...well, I don't know. Maybe I'll bring them to a restaurant rather then cooking again"

Seokjin said

"Cooking? You cooked?"

Namjoon asked

"Yeah. So, maybe I'll leave the foods for you and we'll just head outside"

Seokjin replied

"Thanks hyung. But can you please hurry and get dressed? They might be eating what you prepared"

Namjoon nagged indirectly and Seokjin just hissed. After a while, Seokjin went out of the room and saw his father watching TV and just having the coffee.

"Aboji, I'm craving for some porridge. Why don't we just have our breakfast outside?"

Seokjin suggested

"Aye. Why not just here?"

Seok Min complained

"And I personally think omelette is not the right meal for Mr. Yoon"

Seokjin persuaded

"Alright then"

Seok Min said and the three of them finally went outside the office. Seokjin made sure that they rode the car before sending a message to Namjoon to go out of his room and ordered him a task later. Namjoon saw the prepared meal and dig in to it. He never thought than an omelette would be very special today. It even knocked down Jimin's omelette. So after a few bites, he dialed Mr. Yoon's phone number who responded right away.

"Mr. Yoon, where are you and President Kim? It's 8 am and as far as I know-"

Namjoon can't finish what he was supposed to say

"You're late kid. It's 8 am and you just arrived?"

Mr. Yoon said over the telephone who excused himself from the already going on breakfast.

"Sorry. I had to arrange some fuss my brother made together with his friends last night"

Namjoon said, a very realistic scenario but Mr. Yoon just chuckled. He saw Namjoon's phone at the sofa earlier before the Director can even have a glimpse with it.

"Whatever, kid. Just eat the breakfast Seokjin prepared for you. We'll be back soon"

Mr. Yoon said and hanged up, leaving a speechless Kim Namjoon on the other side of the line.

"He must not have thought that we're having some kind of relationship"

Namjoon said and stuffed his mouth out of embarassment. After some time, Seokjin and Mr. Yoon are back at the office. Namjoon was cleaning up the broken glass he broke a moment ago.

"Yah, get your hands off of it. I'll call the cleaners for it"

Seokjin said as soon as he saw Namjoon picking up the broken pieces of the glass with his bare hands. Mr. Yoon dialed the cleaners' number immediately and signaled Namjoon to stop cleaning with a meaningful smile.

"Stop teasing me, Mr. Yoon!"

Namjoon complained which caught Seokjin's attention as well who has been suffering from Mr. Yoon's curious and teasing looks.

"Did you two had a drink last night? Aye, bring me in next time"

Mr. Yoon said to lighten up the mood of the two.

"I'm not thinking about anything else if that's what you two are worrying about. But I'll root for it too if that happens. Anyway, I’ll get the board room ready for the meeting, President"

Mr. Yoon said and chuckled as he goes out of Seokjin's office.

*

"So, what's up with Kim Namjoon?"

Joonsuk asked one of the employees at KGC who decided to work for him for extra income.

"He's not doing anything about the case. He is too busy following the President's orders"

He said

"Good"

Joonsuk said and handed the envelope to him, inside is the pay they've agreed together.

"Keep watching him. Never lose sight. If you have to follow him everywhere he goes, do it"

Joonsuk said

"I will. Thank you for this"

He replied in obedience

"I hope that'll help cure your daughter"

Joonsuk said with a grin and followed the employee with his gaze, making sure that he is not walking out the café too suspicious.