HOLD ON - FC Prologue

ALL THE BEAUTIFUL THINGS

HOLD ON - Final Chapter Prologue

 

*

 

"I'll go to my room"

Seokjin excused himself and hurriedly went upstairs. He clenched his fists as he walks up the stairs. Never did he imagine the worst things his father would do when he said that he will protect their family at all costs. He looked up at him but what is it now that he is feeling? It feels so strange and new but he knew how he felt - awful and sorry. Seokjin threw himself on his bed and brought his left forearm to cover his eyes.

"Namjoon-ah, are you okay?"

Seokjin uttered and tears started to fall from his eyes. But it didn't went long as he heard a knock on his door. He wiped his tears and opened it.

"Aboji"

Seokjin said in surprise. His father cleared his throat and went inside, sitting directly on Seokjin's study chair. Seokjin closed the door and immediately hid his hands behind his back that is forming a clenched fist as he looks at his father.

"Kim Namjoon is under my watch right now"

Seok Min said without a pause which made Seokjin burst.

"Why?! Why are you doing this kind of thing?! He did nothing wrong!"

Seokjin argued.

"He did nothing wrong? No, son. He did something wrong and that's why I'm silencing him"

Seok Min responded.

"And I will spare your friends. Didn't know they'd betray me but they've been good all these years, guess I have to show some mercy"

Seok Min added referring to Yoongi and Hoseok whom he freed before coming home.

"Didn't know you'd put up a plan to go against me, son"

Seok Min said, emphasizing the last word. Seokjin clenched his fist even tighter as he witness his father showing no remorse about the people he held capture and even to the people he ordered Joonsuk to kill. At this very moment, he seems like a person Seokjin never met and never wishes to meet.

"Good thing you're home. I processed your papers and tonight you'll be traveling to France. I officially assign you as an international correspondent and CEO in our business there"

Seok Min said and stood up, attempting to leave the room.

"I will stay here"

Seokjin said with a crisp on his tone. Seok Min fake chuckled.

"I'll drag you there, one way or another. You know very well that I always get what I want"

Seok Min said.

"I'll let your hyung take over your position here, you don't have anything to worry"

Seok Min added.

"There is! Kim Namjoon is still in danger because of you"

Seokjin said.

"Release him, leave him alone. Only then I can obey you"

Seokjin challenged his father.

"Don't you think it's too easy for a deal? Namjoon and his brother planned everything to take me down. They will do anything to make it happen. I don't take chances here, I only bet to something that I can get assurance of"

Seok Min said.

"Kim Joonsuk - let the trial be proceeded for him. If he is in jail, I think Namjoon and everyone can somehow feel at ease"

Seokjin said in a voice almost pleasing. It was so soft that his father took a deep breath to what his son is trying to offer.

"You also have to let them free after that. In return, I will never come back here until you say so nor will I ever have connections with them"

Seokjin said, clenching his teeth at his last statement. Seok Min nodded his head and smiled.

"I'll put that in mind"

Seok Min said and left. Seokjin sighed deeply and suddenly felt a ringing on his head, so loud that he tried to call for help.

"Eo...eomma..."

Seokjin uttered as he keeps his hands firm on the hand rail as he walks down the stairs. The desperate sound of his breathing started to get loud as his vision suddenly become so hazy and blurry - until it totally went black, causing him to take a wrong step and fell five steps down, passing out at the last thing he heard from his mother's scream.

*

The sound of the monitor echoes around the silent hospital room. Seokjin moved his head as he started to gain his consciousness causing the person lying his head on Seokjin's hands to look at him, checking for progress after three days of unconsciousness.

"Hyung!"

That voice that spoke. Seokjin slowly opened his eyes, looking at the man. Blurry and hazy, Seokjin smiled in relief.

"You're...safe, Namjoon-ah"

Seokjin uttered. Namjoon turned to him and clasped his hands.

"Uhm. You too, hyung. You're finally awake"

Namjoon said, kissing the back of Seokjin's hand and leaned on it.

"Hyung"

Namjoom called.

"Uhm?"

Seokjin hummed as a response.

"I...I'm going to hold on this hand forever"

Namjoon said and looked at Seokjin's eyes, sincerely and loving.

"사랑합니다, 석진형" (I love you, Seokjin hyung)

Namjoon said and smiled widely as tears fell down his cheeks.