Don't Go

Our Little Dorm Mother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I looked around the dorm one last time, remembering the fond memories I had with the EXO members over the last six months. "Goodbye, dorm," I said quietly as I walked away. I didn't have the heart to look back.

A taxi was waiting for me when I got outside. It was raining slightly and the sun was beginning to set, dyeing the grey sky a melancholy orange. Sometimes, even beautiful things like sunsets can look sad because it symbolised the end of another day. And for me, it symbolised the end of my time with EXO.

I climbed into the taxi and only then did I look back at the dorm once more. Who knew that I'd grow fond of EXO and even end up falling in love with them? I smiled weakly as I reminisced my first day at the dorm and how adamant I was to stay faithful to BTS. I remembered entering the dorm for the first time and seeing how messy it was and how I thought I was going to hate every minute of my time there. I blinked repeatedly, trying my best not to start crying again since my eyes were already puffy from crying hours before.

"Are you ready to go now, miss?" the taxi driver asked me.

"Y-yeah" I replied, hastily wiping the tears that were welling up in the corners of my eyes. "I am."

~*~

The seat belt sign lit up above Chanyeol and D.O's head as their plane got ready to land. Chanyeol braced himself for the sudden jerkiness of the plane as it descended downwards. Normally he found his plane journeys comfortable but, that was only because he always flew in Business class. This time, he and D.O were flying in Economy and, he hated every moment of it.

Chanyeol covered his mouth as he felt his stomach flip over from the sudden descending motion. He was worn out from the long voyage and it didn't help that he had to wear a disguise so that he and D.O wouldn't attract too much attention. Luckily, no one seemed to mind them.

Chanyeol glanced to his side where D.O was restlessly shaking his leg, causing vibrations to shoot up his seat, which wasn't helping Chanyeol's motion sickness. Once the plane had landed and the worst had passed, he peeked at D.O again, who was still looking out the window, even when it was getting dark and you could hardly see anything. They were in Seoul now and it was already night.

As the duo waited for the plane to start disembarking its passengers, Chanyeol decided to have a short talk with D.O. The whole time they were airborne, he had been too poorly to speak with him, even though he had many questions he wanted to ask. Since they were finally on land sweet land, Chanyeol asked D.O, "So, you proposed to her, huh?"

D.O took a glimpse at Chanyeol. He had a distracted look about him. "Er, yeah."

Chanyeol's eyes softened. "I'm happy for you, for both of you."

D.O eyed him quizzically. "You are?"

"Yeah" Chanyeol answered but D.O noticed there was a hint of sadness in his voice. "I'm happy that it was you that she fell in love with."

D.O wasn't convinced. "Why?"

"Because you're my best friend, D.O-ah" Chanyeol told him honestly. "And I know that you'll treasure Nami-ah and take care of her." He smiled sadly as he added, "She'll be happier with you than she ever would be if she stayed with me."

D.O was touched by Chanyeol's words. He gave him a small smile. "Thanks, Chanyeol-ah."

"For what?"

"For having my back."

Chanyeol grinned. "Just make sure you never let her go or else I might just snatch her up" he joked.

D.O grinned back. "I won't."

The pair were quiet for a while. Suddenly Chanyeol turned to D.O again. "Oh and when you do get married, I better be your best man, okay?"

D.O laughed lightly to reveal his heart-shaped smile. "Okay, that's a promise."

Finally, they were allowed to leave the aircraft.

~*~

"One hour, huh?" I said as I observed the boarding bulletin that was up on the wall. "One more hour till my gate opens."

I sighed as I sat down on a nearby bench, my small suitcase next to me. I looked around and saw that there were still many people in the airport. Some had just arrived from overseas and their families were welcoming them back home. Others were about to leave the country, like me, and were occupying themselves by playing on their phones.

I stared down at the phone Suji had given me and sighed as I looked through it. It was an expensive phone- more expensive than my original one- but it was empty and practically useless. I couldn't call D.O or any of the EXO members if I wanted to. I let out a long breath as I skimmed through the apps that were already downloaded and was surprised to find that Spotify was there.

At least I can listen to some music to pass time, I thought. Maybe I should listen to some BTS?

But as I was about to click my favourite BTS playlist, I suddenly spotted EXO's playlist right next to it. My thumb hovered over my phone screen as I paused. It felt like listening to EXO was the right decision so I clicked on it.

I listened carefully as the music started and I heard the piano playing a repetitive riff. It wasn't a song I had heard before so I didn't recognise it. But as soon as I heard D.O's voice sing first, my heart started beating fast and before I knew it, a small smile was playing on my lips. The song was entitled 'Don't Go' and it felt like EXO was speaking to me. Hearing their beautiful voices sing such meaningful lyrics brought a tear to my eye. I was going to miss them. I was going to miss him. And not even the most detailed debrief could ever have prepared me for the heartache I was feeling right now.

I played the song over and over, listening to them sing again and again. And that was when I realised that this was the only way I was going to hear his voice ever again. I was going back home for good. I was going back to my old life: when I never met EXO and EXO never met me.

Suji wasn't wrong: we did live in different worlds. Two worlds that were parallel from each other. I was just a normal person and they were idols. I was never meant to meet them; never meant to go undercover; never meant to fall in love. It was never meant to be. And by leaving, I was just amending that.

I breathed out and wiped away the tears that were threatening to fall. It was going to be hard but, I had to learn to let him go.

I sniffed as I listened to the song one more time.

It will be impossible at first but maybe one day, in the future, I will fall in love again. And D.O will fall in love with someone else. And maybe, when I'm ready and when I've moved on, I will watch our scenes together on WGM and be reminded of the happy days we had spent together; of a time so long ago. They were memories that I'll cherish forever even when I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter