Acting Skills

Our Little Dorm Mother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

D.O couldn't help smiling as he listened to Nami giggling from right next to him. They were back at the apartment now and they were currently watching a movie. After they had come back from the supermarket, they had decided to put away the groceries and watch a movie together since they didn't have much planned for the day. D.O took a handful of popcorn from the bowl on Nami's lap and munched on it quietly. He peeked at Nami again, who was grinning as she watched TV.

"You really must like this film a lot, huh?" he asked her. He gaped at Nami who showed a child-like expression in her eyes. "You look like you've seen this film dozens of times before."

Nami looked at him sheepishly. "Yeah, I've watched 'Shrek' at least a hundred times by now." She turned back to the TV screen just as the scene, when Shrek rescues Fiona from the tower, appeared.

D.O continued to watch the movie. He felt quite content just sitting quietly with Nami as they sat on the small leather sofa together. Currently, they were alone in the apartment as the WGM staff had left to do some editing. However, they had left two electronically operated cameras, that were motion-censored, stationed in front of them.

Even though they were not completely alone, D.O felt more relaxed. In all honesty, he had found being constantly surrounded and followed by the WGM very stressful and, it reminded him of how it used to be like, when they were filming for 'EXO Showtime', a few years back.

He remembered how he used to get cold sweats and how his words would get jumbled as soon as he noticed a camera on him. But now, he didn't mind the cameras at all. Being constantly in the spotlight had left him desensitised to all the attention and he could only guess what turmoil Nami had been going through up until this moment.

D.O snuck a glimpse at her again. She was munching on her popcorn happily, clearly relaxed at not having any of the WGM staff around. When the film finally ended, he asked her, "What do you like about this film?" he was curious as to why Nami had enjoyed it so much.

"What's not to like about 'Shrek'?" she replied. "'Shrek' is one of the best-animated films out there!"

D.O arched a brow. "Yeah, but there are other good animated films out there too. Like, the classic Disney films and--"

"You don't get it" Nami interrupted him. "'Shrek' is one of the best films because the princess, Fiona in this case, isn't your stereotypical damsel." She grinned, "She's a total badass!"

D.O was amused at Nami's choice of words. "So you only like this film because of the female protagonist?"

"Well..." Nami thought. "Yeah. Pretty much." She turned to face him fully as the credits rolled up on the TV screen. "Fiona's different. She's a capable damsel that doesn't really need to be in distress. I mean, she could literally climb down the tower and defeat the dragon by herself if she really wanted to." She paused before continuing, "She's a damsel in distress that doesn't need a hero."

"Ah, I see. You idolise this character."

She grinned, "I guess so. While growing up, I always wanted to be just as strong as Fiona." Nami thought for a moment. "Or Mulan. She was a pretty good role model too."

D.O chuckled. "But even Fiona and Mulan needed a hero in the end. There was Shrek and--what's his name-- Shang?"

Nami nodded in response.

"So if you are Fiona then... would that make me Shrek?" D.O gaped at Nami with an expectant expression. He hoped that she would understand his indirect message: I want to be your hero.

But to his surprise, Nami replied with "Nah."

D.O couldn't help feeling a little disappointed.

"You're too handsome to be an ogre."

D.O's spirits were revived. He smiled. "Then who would I be, then?"

Nami thought for a while. "You could be... Donkey!"

"What?" D.O was confused. "So I'm too handsome to be an ogre but ugly enough to look like an ?"

Nami giggled, "No, silly! You're Donkey because he's fun, charming and he always makes me smile." She replied, smiling warmly at him and revealing her dimples which made his heart flutter. "He's my favourite character, you know."

D.O felt his cheeks going warm as he blushed. "So you're saying that while you're a princess, I'm a beast that walks around in hooves?"

"No! I didn't mean it like that!" she chortled and D.O joined in with the laughter.

~*~

I hummed along to music that I was playing on my phone. It was already late in the evening and D.O and I had a made a start on making dinner. Since I had bought a lot of ramyeon earlier, we decided to have that for dinner along with some soft boiled eggs that were currently boiling in a pot.

I looked up as my phone was suddenly playing advertisements, instead of music, as I was on YouTube. I was about to press 'skip' when something caught my attention "Oh. D.O-ah, is this you?"

D.O turned to my direction and left the hob. He had been stirring the noodles to check if they were ready. He peered down at my phone as an advertisement for his film was playing. "Oh, yeah, that's the trailer for the film that I participated in."

"'Pure Love'" I read, as the title of the film appeared at the end. "It looks good. It's a romantic film?"

He nodded. "The title is a bit of a giveaway" he teased.

I re-winded the advert again and smirked as I saw D.O's face appear. "You look really tanned here."

D.O gave a small laugh. "Yeah, I was out in the sun a lot during that time."

I watched a bit more and asked, "When's it out? I'd love to go and see it."

D.O grin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter