Mysterious Girl

Our Little Dorm Mother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ah.” D.O stopped midway rehearsing his lines and looked at the others. “I think it must be the milk. I must have left the milk out on the counter.”

Chen sighed, “We’ve been over this, D.O, nothing’s wrong, you’re worrying over nothing.”

D.O rubbed his neck. “Then why do I feel like I’ve forgotten to do something today?”

“Maybe you’re just stressed” Xiumin suggested as he picked up his script. “You do have a bigger role in your latest film.”

Sehun nodded in agreement. The chair he was sitting on was facing backwards so that he could lean his elbows on the backrest while he slurped on his favourite drink: chocolate bubble tea. “It’s a romance this time, hyung?”

D.O nodded in reply.

“Do you have a kissing scene?” he asked with a sly smile forming on the corners of his mouth.

The other two looked at D.O expectantly.

D.O busied himself with skimming through his script. “There are intense moments...” his voice trailed off. “But it’s unclear whether I actually have to kiss anyone.”

“You better do it well or all your fans will be disappointed.” Xiumin teased playfully.

D.O shuffled uncomfortably in his seat. “I’ll try, hyung. But I can’t promise anything.” He gave a shy smile.

Chen put his head down on the table. The four members were gathered together in their dressing room waiting to go on a variety show.

“Remind me why we’re going on this variety show, while the others aren’t, again?” Chen asked.

The other three exchanged looks.

“It’s to gain more exposure,” D.O replied.

Chen buried his face against his folded arms. “Great.” His voice was muffled. “You guys better answer some questions, okay? Don’t leave me to take all the hits.”

“Hyung, it’s a variety show, not a battle.” Replied Sehun in between slurps.

Chen looked at him blankly, “I know that. But out of all the members, you guys are known to be the most introverted.”

“That’s not true!” Xiumin contested.

“It kinda is...” Sehun was busy finishing his bubble tea. “But it’s all part of that image I’m trying to create, y’know.”

“Oh yeah?” Chen answered sitting up, “And what image would that be?”

Sehun put down his empty cup of bubble tea. “The broody, handsome guy of the group.”

Chen and Xiumin chortled.

“Oh, our maknae is so cute.” Smiled Xiumin. “Well, it suits you.” He turned to D.O who had been sitting quietly reading his script again. “Do you still need some help with your lines?”

D.O shook his head. “It’s okay, hyung. I think I’ll practise again later.”

As soon as D.O finished talking, a member of staff had peered through the door. “They’re ready for you,” the man informed the members.

All four members got up from their chairs. “Let’s go, then,” Chen tells the others.

One by one, the members exited through the door.

D.O had a lot on his mind.

He still had that uncomfortable feeling of having forgotten something, nagging at him. But what could it be?

Had he left the oven on? Nope, that can’t be it.

Had he left the lights on in the hallway? He shook his head at this question. He definitely made sure it was off before he left.

Had he closed the fridge door properly? Yes, he remembered putting the orange juice back.

Had he--

“Ah.” He stopped in his tracks. The eureka moment finally came to him.

He’d forgotten to lock his bedroom door.

“I’m starving, hyung.” Kai moaned as he waited for Suho to open the door to the dorm.

It was the end of the day and Kai, Suho, Baekhyun and Chanyeol were finally back at the dorm. They had spent the whole day together attending a radio show while the others were away on a variety show.

“Kai, you’re always starving. ” Baekhyun replied matter-of-factly. The door flashed green and the members went inside.

“Woah.” Chanyeol was astonished. “Do you guys smell that?”

As soon as the members entered the dorm they were greeted by an unfamiliar smell.

The smell of cleanliness.

“This place hasn’t smelled this clean since Mrs. Park was here!” Kai exclaimed excitedly.

“Someone must have cleaned up,” Suho suggested as he traced his finger on a nearby shelf. There wasn’t a speck of dust to be seen.

“Do you think it was Umin-hyung?” asked Baekhyun to no one in particular. “He’s been avoiding staying downstairs ever since Mrs. Park left.” Baekhyun chuckled, “he hasn’t said anything about it but you can tell it’s been stressing him out.”

“Yeah,” Chanyeol agreed. “I saw him itching to c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter