It's You

Our Little Dorm Mother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

D.O couldn't sleep.

He was staring blankly up at the ceiling but he couldn't see anything without his contacts or his glasses. It was night time now and D.O was lying down on the futon, waiting for sleep to come to him. He had tried counting sheep and singing himself a lullaby but none of those methods worked. And how would they, when Nami was right beside him?

Nami murmured as she slept soundly, her body inching closer to his as her arm lay wrapped across his chest.

He gulped. So much for taking the sofa... he thought to himself.

A few hours ago, Nami had come into the bedroom and asked if they could talk for a while. It was dark in the living room and she had gotten scared because of the dancing shadows that were being projected through the windows outside. D.O guessed that something about sleeping alone in an unfamiliar place triggered Nami's phobia of the dark.

Not wanting to leave her scared, he insisted that she lie down on the futon next to him. She was sceptical at first but he had reassured her that nothing would happen between them. And as much as it stung him, he had said, "We're friends, right? Nothing can happen between friends."

Eventually, Nami agreed and they spoke for a bit before she requested for him to sing her a lullaby and he did. Well, it wasn't exactly a lullaby but, it was one of the sweetest songs he knew. It was their song, 'Lucky'.

D.O knew it was an odd song to sing but something about the lyrics resonated with him as he sang it to Nami. He hoped that little by little, Nami would come to look his way and notice his feelings for her. But as he reached the end of the song, he saw that Nami had fallen asleep, her head resting comfortably on his arm. She sighed peacefully, her face showing a comforted expression as she soundly slept.

In the dim light, D.O's eyes followed the outlines of Nami's face and took in her features. He couldn't believe how close she was. And since she was using his arm as a pillow, he couldn't move away and sleep on the sofa. The last thing he wanted was to disturb her peaceful slumber.

"D.O-ah..." she mumbled in her sleep.

D.O froze. Did Nami just say his name in her sleep? He peered at her and his eyes could just about make out the outlines of her eyes and the curvature of her nose. She looked so defenceless. How can she be sleeping so peacefully when he was right next to her? Didn't she have any self-awareness? He could--

.

D.O had to calm down. Must not think erted thoughts. He chanted to himself, I am a gentleman. I am a gentleman.

He turned his head so that he was staring back at the ceiling. Suddenly, he thought back to what happened during dinner. With his free hand, he covered his eyes as if he could hide his embarrassment. He almost did kiss her-- he really wanted to. When he saw her close her eyes, he took it as a signal to proceed but then something in him held him back.

It was his rational self.

Thank God he still had some self-restraint because if he had kissed her, he knew that he wouldn't have been able to stop there. He couldn't hold back his feelings for her much longer. And things were especially harder for him now, that they were staying under the same roof, in the same room, in the same bed...

Oh .

D.O felt Nami scoot even closer to him, her leg hooking against his hip. He felt something soft pressing against his side and he had to exercise all the willpower he could muster not to think of what it was. Nami snuggled closer to him, her head facing the crook of his neck. She sighed and D.O felt her warm breath blowing against his exposed skin, causing him to shudder. The unexpected stimulation sent a tingling sensation down his body, causing heat to build up in one place he didn't want her to accidentally feel.

He looked away, trying to compose himself as best as he could while cursing his bodily reactions to her. He was too aroused for his own good. Nami was right when she said he was like a donkey. No, not even a donkey-- an animal. A beast, even, judging by how his body was reacting to her every touch.

Slowly, he turned his head to face her again and he immediately regretted it. The smell of her shampoo tickled his nostrils and the sound of her breathing sent pleasurable chills down his body. Being so close to her was delightful torture.

, he cursed again. He needed to calm down before it was too late. What did the popular YouTuber used to say a lot?

Calm thyself.

Damn it. If he didn't pull away from her soon, she might end up awakening the beast inside him. He was already dangerously close to doing so and if she pressed herself closely one more time he might--

Oh no.

Nami s her arm further across his chest as she hugged him tightly like a pillow. D.O held his breath as she shifted in her sleep and only dared to exhale when she had stopped moving again.

Too late.

The dragon has awoken.

D.O tried his best to angle his hip away from her while he slowly pushed away her leg which was hooked against his. If he wasn't careful, Nami might end up slaying him if she suddenly discovered his unfortunate inner beast. He groaned at himself internally. In the end, he was just a hot-blooded animal--

A hot-blooded animal that needed to satisfy his needs.

Once he had finally calmed down and a few hours had lapsed, he dared to look at Nami once more. She was lying further away from him now, which was good since that meant that there will be no more unfortunate accidents. He was finally at a safe distance from her.

After a while, D.O stared at her affectionately. He couldn't contain how happy he was to be with her and he felt fortunate that it was him who had been chosen to go on WGM. With every second they were together, D.O couldn't help falling deeper in love. When he saw her cooking for him with that cute apron on, his heart almost skipped a beat. He could imagine married life being like this in the future. Him coming home and his future wife greeting him.

His future wife...

Before, whenever he tried to picture what his future wife would look like, he would see everything apart from her face. But now, whenever he thought of those words, he would see Nami's face instead. D.O thought about this for a while.

Couldn't Nami be his real wife in the future?

He watched as Nami shifted in her sleep again and was surprised when her face was suddenly in front of his. His eyes softened, as he reached a conclusion.

Yes, he would be really happy if she was, indeed.

D.O closed his eyes as he finally welcomed sleep. He knew what he needed to do. To make her his, he needed his feelings to reach her and this time, he won't hold back.

It was time he made her fall for him for real.

~*~

The WGM staff arrived early to film the next segment of WGM. Nami and D.O were scheduled to do an interview first to gain an insight into what the pair thought of each other. This short, private interview was going to be commented on by a panel of onlookers who were normally celebrities themselves. They often watched and commented on the couple's chemistry and made evaluations on what type of lover each participant was.

D.O was the first to be interviewed.

"Yes, I enjoyed going back to my hometown, even if it was only for a short while" he replied. He chuckled softly as the interviewer asked him more about his hometown. "I thought that going to Goyangsi helped me to express myself more to Minami-ah. Since she comes from abroad, it was a good opportunity to show her what Korean culture is like and we started to bond more because of it."

D.O continued to g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter