Shining Knight

Our Little Dorm Mother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol's eyes never left Nami's profile as she danced alongside her idols. He saw how her smile never left her face and how she danced with fervour and spirit. Her happiness was infectious. Once the song was finished, he approached Nami and the other BTS members, who had crowded around her again as, they took turns to talk to her.

Chanyeol couldn't help noticing how Nami acted differently when she was around the BTS members. As he watched her act shyly while she spoke with Rapmon, he couldn't help noticing how Nami bore some resemblance to a typical fangirl. She was completely smitten by Rapmon.

And that made Chanyeol feel a tinge of jealousy.

"Why the scary face, Chanyeol-ah?" Chanyeol tore his eyes away from Nami to find that Suga was in front of him.

Suga glanced to where Chanyeol was looking at and he smirked upon seeing Nami and Rapmon together. He turned to Chanyeol, "She's quite the character, your dorm mother."

"She is, isn't she?" Chanyeol responded.

"You know, it really surprised me when you contacted me the other day" Suga began, "I didn't expect to hear from you. We hadn't spoken to each other in ages."

Chanyeol looked at Suga apologetically, "I'm sorry, Yoongi-ah. It's been pretty hectic with our schedules."

Suga smiled, "No need to apologise. It's the same with us."

"Will you be coming to this year's Gayo Daejun?" Chanyeol asked.

Suga nodded, "Of course."

The pair inevitably glanced at Nami and Rapmon again. Chanyeol frowned. Suga watched as Chanyeol's frown deepened the longer he stared. He was amused, "She must mean something to you for you to want her forgiveness."

Chanyeol was taken aback, "Sh-she's just a friend" he stuttered.

But Suga didn't believe him. "I saw some of the photos you guys took the other day," he said while eyeing Chanyeol closely. "One of them was quite daring. It would probably cause a stir amongst your fans."

Chanyeol averted his gaze, "Yeah. But luckily the model had a mask so, it would make it harder for the saesangs to identify her."

"She must be a very lucky girl to model with you guys," he said, prying further. "Did you find out if she was your fan?"

A small laugh escaped Chanyeol's lips. "Quite the opposite: she's actually one of yours." Suga watched as Chanyeol's eyes focused on Nami once more. He glanced from Chanyeol's face to Nami's and grinned at the realisation.

"It must be interesting living with one of our fans" he decided to say while gesturing at Nami. "Who would have known that your dorm mother was going to be an ARMY?" he laughed deviously. "It must have shocked Junmyeon."

"It shocked all of us" Chanyeol admitted but then, his eyes softened as they found their way to Nami again. "But she's our little dorm mother now." He turned to face Suga, "And she's one of us."

Suga grinned, "We are one, right?" he asked, reciting EXO's motto.

Chanyeol grinned back, "Exactly."

~*~

Nami swatted his hand away, "I'm fine" she insisted. But Chanyeol saw that she wasn't. She was swaying a little.

"You should probably sit down" he suggested while steering her where he had spotted chairs. Obediently, Nami allowed him. "And, you should probably sit out from any more dances" he added sternly.

"Is Nami-ssi okay?" Jimin asked from behind Chanyeol.

"She's fine. Just got over-excited" he explained.

"Well, we're going to be rehearsing our next song soon so if she wanted to join us--"

"It's okay" Chanyeol abruptly replied. "I think we'll just watch this time."

Jimin gave a curt nod and left to join the others.

"You didn't have to snap at him like that" Chanyeol heard Nami say. He saw that her face was starting to return to its natural colour.

"If I didn't decline for you, you would have joined them," he remarked. "And that would have been a bad idea."

Nami looked like she was about to say something when the music suddenly started playing and the BTS members started their rehearsal. It was 'Blood, Sweat and Tears'. Chanyeol watched as Nami came back to life as she ogled at the BTS members. Once their dance was done, she applauded them enthusiastically and showered them with compliments. He was really starting to dislike Nami's fangirling side.

"You're so good at rapping!" Chanyeol heard Nami say as she ran up to Rapmon. "I especially love the part you say in English."

"Peaches and cream. Sweeter than sweet. Chocolate cheeks. And chocolate wings" Rapmon recited with flourish.

Nami squealed and Chanyeol rolled his eyes. What was so good about his rap? He could rap in English too if he wanted.

While Chanyeol pondered on this question he suddenly remembered what Nami had said to him before: Rapmon is a better rapper than you. Her words echoed in his ears repeatedly like a broken record. Well, he thought to himself, I can finally prove her wrong.

With a determined stride, Chanyeol went up to Rapmon, sizing him up. He was just about taller than him. Rapmon turned to face him, curious as to why Chanyeol was staring at him with hostility.

"Is there something wrong, Chanyeol-ah?" he asked.

Nami looked up at him from Rapmon's side. She was equally as puzzled, "Chanyeol?"

"Let's have a rap battle" Chanyeol declared. He glanced at Nami, "Remember what you said? Well, it's time I proved you wrong."

Chanyeol took off his jacket to show that he was serious. Rapmon raised his brow.

"Chanyeol now's not the time for this!" Nami hissed. He turned to Rapmon, "Ignore him, he's just being foolish."

But Rapmon's expression changed. He had his game face on. "All right, let's get this battle started."

The BTS members crowded around to see what was brewing amongst the pair.

"Are we having a rap battle?" An excited V asked.

"Between who?" Jimin queried.

"Rapmon versus Chanyeol!" Jin replied back.

"Ooooh, things just got interesting" J-hope commented as he took out his phone.

"Are you gonna video it?" Jungkook asked him.

"It only happens once in a blue moon" J-hope answered.

Nami watched as Chanyeol and Rapmon circled each other without breaking their stare down. She couldn't believe what was happening. Why did Chanyeol suddenly want to challenge Rapmon to a rap battle?

"I'll act as arbiter" Suga announced. "Jimin hit the music!"

Jimin tapped his phone, which was connected to the Bluetooth speakers, and a beat started playing. Nami watched as Chanyeol went first and he started his rap. He was spitting out lyrics as fast as lightning, without faltering, and that amazed her. Nami watched as Chanyeol put on his swagger as he continued to rap. It was impressive that he was able to produce coherent sentences from as little as a beat playing in the background. Once he ended his turn, Rapmon continued on and did the same. Nami was captivated by Rapmon's easy beat and eloquent speech. While Chanyeol's rap was smooth, Rapmon's was slick. Both rappers were as equally as good as each other.

The BTS members cheered once the rap battle was done. Nami watched as both Rapmon and Chanyeol panted for breath. They looked at each other and smiled as they entered a guy hug.

"And the winner is..." Suga began. The BTS members started drumming the floor to add to the suspense. Nami looked between Rapmon and Chanyeol and they stared at Suga in anticipation.

"Me!" Suga exclaimed.

The BTS members booed and both Chanyeol and Rapmon protested. Suga laughed at everyone's reaction, "How can I announce who won when they were as equally as bad as each other?"

"Yah, Suga you're so unfair."

"Attention hog!"

"Bad referee!"

The other BTS members continued to criticise Suga's decision but everyone knew it was all light-hearted fun. Nami smiled at the BTS members. She wouldn't have been able to see their fun side if it weren't for Chanyeol's impromptu rap.

While the BTS members continued to bicker, Suga approached her privately. "Who would you have chosen as the winner, Nami-ssi?"

Nami hesitated. She glanced at both Chanyeol and Rapmon who were busy discussing their performance. "I guess I would have chosen you too."

Suga smiled as if he knew what she meant by that, "I see."

Nami and Chanyeol stayed with the BTS members for two hours more before they decided to go home. By then, it was already late in the afternoon and the BTS members had to leave to attend a variety show. As Nami and Chanyeol headed towards the bus stop, Chanyeol saw that Nami had Rapmon's cap on her head and was still beaming at her phone.

"You can stop staring at your phone now," he told her. "The picture won't go away."

"I can't help it," Nami said, still grinning. "I still can't believe that I took a picture with them!"

Chanyeol smiled behind his mask. Even though he didn't like fangirl Nami, he couldn't help smiling when he saw her happy. It was like she was a happy virus or something. His happy virus.

They continued to walk even further but stopped when he suddenly heard a strange gurgling sound. Chanyeol peered down at Nami, who was clutching her stomach. She looked away, embarrassed.

"All that excitement has made you hungry, huh?" he joked.

"Yeah, I guess so. I hadn't eaten anything since breakfast."

"No wonder you weren't well earlier!" He looked around and saw that there was a convenience store nearby. "Let's grab something quick to eat."

"No, it's okay," she said. "It's already late. I can eat when we get home."

But Chanyeol insisted, "No. You should eat. Skipping meals isn't good for you, Nami-ah." He frowned at her before changing direction so that they were heading towards the convenience store instead of the bus stop.

Nami followed Chanyeol as he led the way. Maybe D.O was right, she thought to herself, Chanyeol was kind and thoughtful.

As they made their way towards the convenience store, the sudden sound of a shrill voice calling Chanyeol's name made them both swerve around.

"Chanyeol-oppa!" The voice called again. Chanyeol squinted his eyes as the person drew nearer towards him and Nami. His eyes widened when he saw who it was.

It was Lee Suji.

"Oppa!" she said in that high-pitched voice, "What are you doing here?" She searched Chanyeol and noticed that he wasn't alone. "You should be back at SM Entertainment."

"Ah, I'm heading there now." Chanyeol quickly responded. Though, Suji looked at him doubtfully.

"Appa's furious at you, you know? I heard that you've been playing hooky." She narrowed her eyes at Nami who was obscured by Chanyeol's large frame. "What were you up to all day? And who's that next to you?"

Chanyeol did his best to hide Nami

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter