Friends, right?

Our Little Dorm Mother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few hours earlier...

D.O glanced at Nami who was chewing her lip nervously as she trailed behind the rest of the EXO members. They had just arrived at SMHQ and were being ushered to get ready for the filming of the wedding scene for WGM. He slowed down his pace so that he could match his with hers. "Don't worry Nami-ah. Everything will go smoothly" he tried to reassure her. He had noticed that Nami had been quietly worrying by herself ever since they left the dorm.

Nami gave him a quick smile as her eyes darted around all the cameras that were being transported to one of the halls. They were all going in the same direction. 

"I'm just a little nervous about all the cameras, that's all. There's so many of them." She gestured at the file of cameramen that were marching down the corridor.

D.O chuckled. "You'll get used to it. I used to feel the same way too."

As they approached the dressing rooms, they saw that Stylist-noona was waiting for them. "I'll be taking Minami-ssi to get ready" she informed Suho, who was leading the EXO members.

Suho nodded, "Nami-ah, you need to go with Stylist-noona."

Nami was about to approach Stylist-noona when she suddenly spotted a cameraman walking towards them. It looked like he was going to follow her into the dressing room. "Will they be filming me?" she asked, gesturing at the cameraman.

Stylist-noona turned and shot a look at the cameraman and he flinched. She knew that Nami was still camera shy. "I don't think you should film her while she's getting dressed" she addressed the cameraman firmly.

"But, I was instructed to film everything--"

"I don't care" she snapped. "Can't you see she's nervous? She's just arrived from abroad so she needs some time to get comfortable with the cameras."

The cameraman protested, "But, noona--"

Stylist-noona glared at him and he backed away. "Fine" he finally submitted. "But only when she's getting ready. I will have to film her doing other stuff to make up for it." The cameraman sauntered off and Nami breathed a sigh of relief.

Stylist-noona beckoned for her to follow her. "C'mon, Minami-ssi. Let's get you ready for your wedding." She turned to the EXO members, "You guys should get ready in the other changing room."

D.O gave Nami one last look before they separated. "Fighting," he said to her in encouragement. Nami managed a small smile before she was led away by Stylist-noona.

"When do you think they'll tell us who's the groom?" Sehun queried as the members made their way to the dressing rooms.

Chen replied, "I think they'll tell us after we finish getting ready. It's almost time to film-- they can't keep us waiting forever."

As they entered the dressing room, they found that there were eight dressing cubicles that had red curtains made of velvet. On the table in the middle, was a small envelope.

Lay walked up to it and opened it. He read, "'Dear EXO members, behind these curtains are your outfits. Choose one and put everything on. Choose wisely! Only one of them will be for the groom.'"

The EXO members exchanged looks with each other. "So it's up to chance?" Baekhyun observed. He walked up to one of the curtained cubicles, "then, I'll choose this one."

Following his example, the others scrambled to choose one as well. "Hang on a sec," Kai told everyone before they proceeded to go inside their chosen cubicle. "What if our outfits don't fit us? We're all choosing at random."

"I'm pretty sure we can always exchange" Xiumin replied.

D.O looked at his and prayed that he had chosen correctly. "See you all in ten minutes," he said to the others.

"Good luck to you all" he heard Baekhyun say.

D.O drew the curtain and saw that there was a white tuxedo hanging on the wall. He peered at it and saw that there was a black waistcoat underneath. As he approached it to put it on, he noticed that there was a small box on the ground, next to a pair of white trainers. "What could this be?" he asked aloud as he picked the box up.

Curiously, he opened it and found that inside, was a red carnation boutonniere. After he had gotten fully dressed, he stared at himself in the mirror while he pinned it on his lapel. The red carnation contrasted a lot with his white tux and black waistcoat.

Once he was ready, he drew the curtain and simultaneously heard the others drawing their curtain too. When his eyes finally took in what everyone else was wearing, he was surprised to see that they were all wearing a white tux as well.

"D.O-ah" Kai called out to him. "Why is yours red?"

D.O looked around at everyone else's flower, which they had pinned on their lapel, and found that theirs was pink whilst his was red. The members exchanged looks to confirm that D.O's was the only red one amongst them. Everyone had a look of surprise as they finally realised what it meant.

Baekhyun was the first to speak, "Congratulations, D.O-ah! It looks like you're Little Umma's groom!"

D.O was still in a daze. "I am?"

"It looks like it" Sehun replied unenthusiastically. "You're the only one with a red flower."

"The red flower must be the sign" Suho interjected.

"You're lucky, D.O-ah" Kai commented and D.O noticed that he was trying to hide his disappointment. "You get to go on WGM."

While the other members expressed their opinions on D.O's luck at having chosen the right dressing cubicle, D.O was lost in his own thoughts. He couldn't believe it. He was going to be N

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter