Best Friend

Our Little Dorm Mother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Nami-ah!"

I heard Chanyeol call out to me before my vision started to blur. I was feeling dizzy and my world started spinning around as the sound of thundering footsteps approached us.

I staggered to one side as I was enveloped by the herd of fangirls that came screaming as they headed towards Chanyeol and Suji. The fangirls pushed and shoved each other aggressively as they competed on who could get to them first. As they passed me by, I was pushed and flung to the ground and I landed face-flat on the concrete floor.

A jolt of pain shot up my left leg as I was trampled on. The heavy weight of fangirls crushed me as they eagerly tried to catch up to Chanyeol and Suji. I screamed in pain but, not a single one of them paid any attention.

Once the stampede had passed, I gently pushed myself back up, carefully inspecting the damage inflicted on my poor leg. I winced as I tried moving it. It had been badly twisted.

I inspected myself to see if I had sustained any other injuries. And that was when I noticed that my phone was missing. I had dropped it during the stampede!

I searched my surroundings and found it, kicked to the curb, the screen cracked. With my good leg, I hobbled over to it and saw that the screen wasn't switching on. "No, no, no!" I cried, pressing the power button desperately. The green light flashed at the corner to indicate it was on but the screen remained black. I felt tears spring to my eyes. "My photo with BTS..."

The sound of the fangirls screaming again caught my attention. They had Suji and Chanyeol trapped in a captive circle. Chanyeol looked like a wild rabbit staring at headlights as the fangirls pestered him with questions, their phones in front of their faces as they captured his every move on camera.

Chanyeol had his arms around Suji in a protective embrace. He was looking around desperately as if he was searching for something. I didn't know why I was feeling this way but, seeing Chanyeol holding Suji so closely made me feel a stab of hurt. He had protected her from the wrath of the fangirls and had left me to fend for myself.

Didn't I matter?

I was about to go and call out to him when he and Suji suddenly bolted to a black car nearby. I watched as Chanyeol helped Suji inside before he was dragged in and the door was shut only in the nick of time. The fangirls banged on the windows persistently, urging Chanyeol to open up the door. But the black car drove off, leaving a trail of fangirls in hot pursuit. I watched as the black car disappeared into the distance.

"Did you see that girl who was with Chanyeol-oppa?" I overheard one of the fangirls say.

"Yeah! I got a video of them hugging" another one replied.

"Do you think she's his girlfriend?"

"Omo! What if she is?"

I hid my face as I hobbled in the other direction. It was best to avoid the fangirls in case any of them remembered me talking to Suji and Chanyeol earlier. "But the bus stop is in that direction," I told myself out loud. I looked back and saw that there was still a huddle of fangirls, loitering around.

I sighed, "I'll go to the next stop."

As I limped along the pavement, I felt my broken phone in my pocket. "If only I could call Xiumin-oppa" I muttered dejectedly. Not only had I lost my photo with BTS, I had also lost my means of communication with both the EXO members and Richard. Not that I wanted to call Richard anyway.

I winced. My left leg was throbbing with pain. "If only I had some money with me..." I said to myself. My stomach grumbled and I patted it, "Yeah, I know. I hadn't forgotten about you too."

I walked on a little further and saw a nearby playground. It was late in the evening now and the sun had already set. The sky was a black blanket and there would have been stars if it weren't for the light pollution from Seoul's skyscrapers. I held onto my jacket tightly as a chilly breeze whistled by. As I let out a sigh, my breath fogged up in front of me. I decided to take a quick rest at one of the swings in the playground. The pain in my leg was unbearable and I was tired.

"Just five minutes," I told myself. "Then we'll start walking again."

But just as I sat down on the swing, I suddenly heard the rumble of a bus engine and in a few moments, a bus appeared.

My bus.

I watched it pass by, helplessly. I cursed under my breath in Korean and English, not shying away from the worst ones I knew. "Just my luck," I said bitterly after my cursing frenzy.

I sighed defeatedly as I pushed the swing slightly so that I was swinging back and forth. Today had started out like a dream but ended in a nightmare. I thought about how kind Chanyeol had been in the beginning and how everything was going well until a few hours ago. I felt upset. And I wasn't sure why.

Just then, someone covered my eyes with their gloved hands. "Guess who?" asked a deep voice.

A wave of panic overwhelmed me. Was I being robbed right now? It didn't even register to me that the stranger had spoken in English.

Alarmed, I grabbed their hand and twisted it as hard as I could until I heard yelps of pain. With what remaining strength I had, I pulled the stranger from where they were standing behind me to where I could see them. I brought the stranger to their knees and saw them hugging their arm as I released their hand.

"Bloody hell, Mirei!" I heard a familiar voice say. The stranger looked up and I saw who it was. "You're so friggin' strong! What the hell have they been feeding you here?"

"Nikka?"

I took in Nikka's appearance. His long jet-black hair was tied into a man-bun and he had a five-o'-clock shadow around his chiselled jaw-line. His tanned skin contrasted with the white scarf he had wrapped around his neck. His chocolate brown eyes were twinkling as he smiled at me, once he got up from the gravel floor.

"Hey Mirei," he said in that effeminate tone, "glad to see you're still alive."

"Nikka!" I said more gladly as I hobbled over to him. I saw his eyes trail down to my leg when he saw me limping.

"What happened to your foot?" he asked as he offered his arms to me for balance.

"I had a little accident today," I told him evasively. "But never mind that! What are you doing here? When did you arrive?" A million questions flooded my mind as I searched his eyes.

Nikka led me to the swings again so that we could sit down comfortably. "I arrived a few hours ago" he explained. "And I've been trying to call you on your phone to tell you that I was at the airport but, you weren't answering!" he frowned at me. "Didn't I tell you we should meet up?"

He looked at me expectantly and I bit my lip. "I'm so sorry, Nikka! I totally forgot you were coming."

Nikka scoffed, "Yeah, I thought you did."

"I would have contacted you sooner but," I pulled out my phone from my pocket to show it to him, "I broke my phone today."

Nikka's eyes widened. "Oh my gosh, Mirei! What the hell have you been doing?" He inspected my battered phone and saw the green light still flashing. "It's not broken, you know."

"How isn't it? Can't you see it's beyond repair?"

Nikka shook his head. "If it was broken, I wouldn't have been able to find you."

I looked at him quizzically. Kinda think of it, how did Nikka know where I was?

Nikka laughed at my confused expression, "I was able to track down your location using the Find My Phone App" he explained. "Remember? I installed it on your phone before you left."

"Ohhh," I said to him.

"I was worried something bad might have happened to you when you weren't picking up so, I decided to use the app." He peered at my injured leg again, "And it's a good thing I did. What the hell happened? How did you hurt yourself?" he asked with concern riddled all over his face.

"I got trampled on by a stamped

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter