EXO Anti-fan

Our Little Dorm Mother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the day before the Gayo Daejun Concert and the EXO members were sitting around the common area. Sehun asked the others, "So what are we wearing tomorrow?"

"Stylist-noona said that we'll be wearing something with a black and white motif" Suho replied. "She will be stopping by the dorm to drop off the outfits."

"Are we not getting ready at the venue, hyung?" Kai asked. "It's at Gocheok Sky Dome, right?"

"I think it'd be better if we get ready here" Xiumin replied. "There will be loads of idols performing tomorrow so the dressing rooms will be packed."

"We'll still get our own dressing room, though" Suho confirmed. "But we'll only use it to touch up."

The EXO members exchanged looks with each other. They were all tired and a bit anxious about tomorrow's performance. Even though they had performed many times in front of a large audience, they couldn't help feeling a little nervous before a concert. After all, anything could happen and it was the uncertainty that worried them.

Chen turned to Nami, who was sitting at the end of the sofa, next to D.O. He had noticed that she hadn't visited Xiumin and him in their room ever since Xiumin had fainted that day. It seemed like she was avoiding him. Maybe she was too embarrassed to talk about their very close kiss? Either way, Chen didn't want Nami to get cold feet now. Not when he and Baekhyun just managed to convince Xiumin to tell her how he feels about her after the concert. Luckily, he had thought of a plan to make sure Xiumin's confession was a success.

"Nami-ah" Chen called out to her. Nami turned to him. "What will you be wearing for the concert?"

Nami was puzzled. "What will I be wearing?" She glanced at everyone else's faces and saw that they were interested to hear her answer. "I wasn't even aware I was going."

Chen had a sly smile. "Of course you're going! You'll be our guest. How can we leave you here when you've done so much for us during the past few weeks?" He glanced at Baekhyun as if to signal something.

"That's right, Little Umma" Baekhyun joined in, getting the hint. "It's our thank you gift for looking after us."

Chen pulled out a slip of paper from his pocket. "We got you an admissions ticket for the concert."

Nami was surprised. "You really got me one?" Chen handed it to her and she looked at it eagerly. It was difficult to read but she saw that it was a VIP ticket. That meant that she would be very close to the stage, almost right in front of the idols.

"We wanted to thank you and figured that this was the best way to do it," Chen said. "And since you've seen us rehearse non-stop, we thought it would be fitting if you saw the actual performance too."

Nami met Chen's eyes and he saw that she was bursting with happiness. "Thank you so much, Chen-oppa! You don't know how happy this makes me!"

"Now, you can see what an awesome group we are" Baekhyun bragged proudly as he stuck up his nose towards the ceiling. "I bet you've never seen us perform live before. Consider yourself lucky, that ticket was very hard to get."

"I can imagine" Nami replied, still in disbelief at the ticket in her hands. "Just getting normal concert tickets for BTS is hard enough, let alone concert tickets where different idols attend."

The rest of the EXO members exchanged looks after hearing Nami's utterance.

Chanyeol spoke, "I hope you're not just looking forward to watching BTS' performance."

Nami had a guilty smile. "Of course I'll watch your performance too! It's just that, I can't quite believe I'll get to see BTS perform live! It's been my dream to watch them perform on stage."

"And there goes our pride out the window" Baekhyun commented sarcastically.

"Well, I'm glad you're happy," Suho said, a little wounded by Nami's earlier remark, "but like Chen asked, what are you going to wear?"

Nami thought for a moment. "I have my BTS hoodie upstairs. I can pair that up with a pair of denim jeans and I'm good."

Sehun was unimpressed. "No way, Little Umma, you can't come with us in the car wearing a BTS hoodie! That's so disloyal!"

"Yeah, imagine us walking out of the car and a Little Umma trailing behind us in a BTS hoodie" Kai snickered, "it would look comical."

"At least wear something with EXO on it" Sehun pleaded.

"I think you guys have forgotten that I'm still an ARMY" Nami replied. "And if this is my only chance to see them perform live then, I'd like to wear something to support my fandom."

"How about we reach a compromise?" Chen suggested. "We'll get stylist-noona to dress you up and you can bring a BTS light stick with you."

Nami was confused, "Dress me up? It's a concert. Why would I need to dress nicely?"

Chen kept a smile on his face. It's not because of the concert that I need you need to dress up. It's for after the concert, he thought to himself. "It's just part of our thank you gift. And, it would be nice if you came in neutral clothes since we'd like you to support us too. Don't you think it'd be unfair on us if you just wore a BTS hoodie even though you're our dorm mother?"

"He's right, Little Umma. You're practically family. And family stick together" Baekhyun preached.

Nami was thoughtful. "Fine," she said finally. "I'll do as you say."

Chen mentally patted himself on the back. "Great. It's decided then." He looked across to Baekhyun and they exchanged roguish smiles. "Tomorrow, Nami-ah, we'll be your fairy god-fathers."

"And you shall go to the ball!" Baekhyun chimed.

~*~

I climbed downstairs carefully, my feet wobbling slightly as I wasn't used to wearing platform heels. EXO's stylist, who I call Stylist-unnie instead of noona, had worked tirelessly getting EXO and myself ready for the concert. She was the same stylist that had looked after me during the photo shoot a while back.

She smiled at me once her work was done. "You look stunning, Minami-ssi," she said kindly. She was a few years older than Xiumin but if you saw her, you would have thought she was the same age as me. I sometimes wondered why she wasn't an idol herself: she was drop-dead gorgeous.

"Thank you, unnie" I replied shyly.

She looked at my reflection in the mirror and said, "You know, it was fun doing your makeup and hair during the photo shoot the other day. It's rare for me to work with hair that has never been dyed before." She fiddled with the loose strands of my hair, carefully putting back the curls to where they belonged. "Have you ever considered being a model?"

I shook my head. "I don't think I'm cut out for modelling."

She kissed her teeth, "That's a pity. I think that you'd be a great hit. What with your unique charm and all."

I blushed. Stylist-unnie was quite the flatterer. "I'm not that pretty," I told her.

She smiled. "Minami-ssi, those who don't think they're pretty are the prettiest of them all."

I got up and straightened my dress. Somehow, Stylist-unnie had convinced me to wear a one-piece white dress with platform heels. It didn't look like attire that would be comfortable to wear during a concert.

"Why do I have to wear a dress?" I had asked her before putting it on.

She smiled at me. "I was told to style you in the most feminine way possible. And anyway, it wasn't me who bought the dress." I looked at her curiously and she laughed. "It was EXO who bought it for you."

As I reached the end of the steps, I saw that the rest of the EXO members were already dressed, waiting for me. They were wearing black and white, like they discussed yesterday, but the designs of their clothes varied. Some of them wore white shirts while others wore black. They all had the same pattern etched on their clothing: it was a dandelion seed print.

D.O was the first to react, "Nami-ah" he said my name as if he was breathless.

As soon as he did, the rest of the EXO members had turned around to see what D.O was looking at.

Sehun did the wolf-whistle. "Little Umma. Hot Umma" he whispered appreciatively. Suho punched him lightly on the shoulder.

I approached all of them and my eyes unavoidably met with Xiumin's. His auburn hair was gelled back and parted to one side. He had black eyeliner around his almond eyes, making them stand out more than usual. To be honest, I had always found it weird when guys wore makeup but, for some reason, Korean men seemed to suit it well. Xiumin especially. It made hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter