Love Interest

Our Little Dorm Mother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun was slurping on his bubble tea as he sat down alone in the common area. He hadn't had much to do today. All the other members were busy doing their individual activities and he had just completed his modelling gig for a magazine. Before he had entered the dorm, he had tip-toed inside to make sure he didn't alert Suho to the fact that he had snuck outside to buy bubble tea. He was lucky that Suho had locked himself in his man cave as soon as they had arrived home together.

Sehun let out a sigh of content as the sweetness of the bubble tea caressed his taste buds. He loved bubble tea a lot. He had once been asked what he thought of when he drank bubble tea. Did it remind him of a special someone?

Of course, it did, Sehun thought to himself. It reminds me of Luhan.

Sehun sighed, sadly this time, as he thought of Luhan. Drinking bubble tea brought back bittersweet memories of him. Luhan was the first friend Sehun made when he first became a trainee at SM Entertainment. He was like an older brother to him and they spent a lot of time together. Sehun preferred chocolate, honeydew and taro bubble tea. Those were his favourite flavours but ever since Luhan had left, he hadn't been able to drink taro. It was mainly because it was Luhan's favourite flavour and drinking it would only make him miss Luhan a lot.

Before Luhan had left, he had told Sehun that he would find someone who would one day share his love for bubble tea. And in the future, he would start drinking bubble tea with someone other than him. Sehun laughed weakly as he reminisced on Luhan's words. He doubted he'd ever find anyone who loved bubble tea as much as he did.

"Oh? You're having bubble tea again?"

Sehun swivelled around and saw that it was Nami. She had just got back from her spa treatment with Stylist-noona. She looked pretty nowadays.

"Yeah, it's choco flavour" Sehun replied, showing her his half-empty cup.

Nami smiled at him. "You have bubble tea too much." She joined him on the sofa and pulled something out from her bag. "I bought some today too!" she grinned. "Don't tell Stylist-unnie, though! She said I have to lose some weight before filming starts for WGM."

Sehun chuckled. "What flavour is that?"

"Taro. It's my favourite" Nami replied, as she pierced the thin plastic film on the top with a straw. Sehun watched as she started slurping on her bubble tea, a happy expression graced her face.

Another taro lover... thought Sehun. He stared at Nami's bubble tea for a while as he got lost deep in his thoughts.

Nami, noticing Sehun looking at her bubble tea, offered it to him. "You want a taste?"

Sehun snapped out of his reverie. He shook his head. "No, I'm good thanks."

Nami took her drink back as she shrugged. They sat in silence for a while before she suddenly asked, "Do you know what WGM is like?"

"What do you mean?"

"Like, how it's gonna be?"

Sehun smirked, "Why? Are you nervous?"

"Well, yeah..." Nami responded, scratching her head. "It's my first time being on a reality show."

Sehun's grin widened. "You don't have to be worried. One of us will be on the show with you. At least you know that much."

"But" Nami began, "It's gonna be awkward and all. What if I don't do it well?"

Sehun softened a little, "You'll be fine. Just act as you always do."

Nami looked at him uncertainly.

"Look, all you have to do is act really close and all. There's no big deal." He thought about how she was able to play along with dating Chanyeol for almost two months and then suddenly regretted the callousness of his words. Of course, Little Umma would be nervous. She's just come out of a fake relationship...

Nami shuffled on her feet. Why did she appear cute to Sehun all of a sudden?

"Then, Sehun-oppa, can I practise with you?"

Oppa? Sehun was startled. That's right, Little Umma is younger than me...But she had never called him 'oppa' before. She had always been closer to Xiumin, D.O and Chanyeol so they never really had any alone time together.

"Practise how?"

Nami looked at him blankly. "I don't really know. What would we do if we were a couple?"

Sehun hadn't thought of this before. Even though he had been wanting to go on WGM for the longest time, he had never really considered the possibility of him being on the show with Nami. What would he do if he was picked to be Nami's husband for WGM? He had never really taken her seriously as a woman. After all, she was like a guy friend to him, someone to have fun with and hang out. And then, she became Chanyeol's girlfriend so that made him rule her out completely. But above all, he had always thought of her as their little dorm mother--never once had he considered her as a potential love interest.

Sehun eyed her now. She was wearing tight jeans and a turtleneck jumper which highlighted the curves of her body. Her long raven black hair hung loosely past her shoulders. She was still looking at him, her dark brown eyes had a hint of wonder in them.

His mind went through a string of thoughts like it was crossing off an invisible check-list as he registered Nami's features. Ultimately, Sehun's mind led him to two conclusions: he thought she was pretty and he never thought of her as a love interest... until now.

Sehun was quiet for a while as he realised his feelings. "I guess we could get bubble tea together since we both like it" he finally suggested.

Nami giggled which made Sehun's heart flutter lightly. "That's typical of you. And then we'd share drinks?" She got closer and picked up her half-finished taro drink. She plucked Sehun's straw from his finished chocolate bubble tea and stuck it into her bubble tea.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm sharing my drink with you."

"Why?"

She raised her eyebrow. "We're practising as a couple, right?" She leaned the straw towards his mouth. "Have a taste."

Nami put her lips against her own straw and started sipping on her bubble tea. Sehun was hesitant.

"C'mon! What would you do if we end up being on the show together? You're gonna leave me hanging?"

Sehun was still reluctant but he knew she was right. WGM was filled with awkward challenges that encouraged intimacy between the participants. If Sehun couldn't even manage this, how would he be able to cope with the more daring tasks? He would have to comply if that was the case. Hesitantly, he took a sip. The familiar taste of taro washed over his tongue and brought back many memories. Memories of when he used to go with Luhan to bubble tea shops and laugh together.

He stopped abruptly.

Nami looked up at him, "Had enough?"

"Uh, yeah."

Nami smiled. "At least it won't be awkward anymore if we end up being a couple together."

"What do you mean?"

She smiled. "The first step is sharing. We can do better next time."

Suddenly, Suho's voice boomed from the other side of the dorm. He was calling for Nami to come upstairs.

Nami replied that she would be there soon. "Well, I guess I better go. Let's grab a bubble tea together one day."

Sehun watched as Nami scuttled off upstairs. He touched his lips where the taste of taro still lingered. Instead of thoughts of Luhan, his mind's eye was suddenly seeing Nami. Suddenly, Luhan's words repeated in his mind again and he laughed at the realisation.

Luhan, maybe I've finally found someone to share my bubble tea with.

~*~

Suho greeted me with a smile when he saw me peering into his room through the crack in the door. With his free hand, he beckoned for me to come inside while he held onto his phone with the other.

"Okay, Manager-nim," Suho said to the receiver. "Yes, I'll let her know now. Bye." Suho put his phone away and turned to face me completely. "I was just on the phone with Manager-nim" he informed me.

"Oh?" I replied. I wondered what Manager-nim had instructed Suho to do this time.

"He told me to pass on the message that he needs you to go shopping for new clothes."

I scrunched up my face, "What? Why?"

"We'll be starting filming soon and they need you to look presentable" Suho explained.

"What's wrong with my current wardrobe?"

Suho gave me an apologetic smile. "Nothing. It's just that your current set of clothes isn't..." He peered at me hesitantly as if he was wary of offending me.

"Go on" I prompted.

"Well, it isn't, erm... feminine."

I frowned at him.

"But that's why I'll be lending you my card" Suho extended his hand towards me, revealing his black credit card. My eyes bulged at the sight. I had never seen a black credit card before! In South Korea, owning a black credit card meant that you were loaded. And if Richie Rich was loaded, Suho was on another level.

I gaped at his credit card in wonder.

"You can buy anything you want and spend as much as you like. Just make sure you buy clothes that are appropriate for a model."

I ripped my eyes away from his card and stared at him questioningly. "For a model?"

He nodded. "As part of your disguise, Manager-nim and I will inform the media that you are a model from overseas. We can't tell the viewers that you're our dorm mother as it would complicate things with the fans."

I sighed at the thought of it. "I'm in for another rough ride, huh?"

Suho smiled weakly, "Unfortunately."

"Will you tell the media tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter