Move On

Our Little Dorm Mother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

An hour earlier...

Suji had a grin on her face as she knocked on the door to her father's office. "Appa?" she said in her saccharine voice as she opened the door and peered inside.

"Ah, Suji. Come in." Lee Sooman beckoned with his hand from his high-back chair.

Suji straightened her back as she walked in. She smiled at her father as she observed him looking through some documents that he had sprawled across his desk. Lee Sooman had his fingers intertwined together as he had his chin propped up resting on top of his hands. He was looking at the papers intently.

"Appa" she chimed as she approached him. "Can I ask you a favour?"

Lee Sooman peeped up at her, "What is it, my darling?"

Suji batted her lashes at him, "It's to do with EXO."

Lee Sooman frowned. He had noticed that Suji had been hanging around with EXO a lot lately and he wasn't pleased with her getting too close to them. "What about them?" he asked suspiciously.

Suji walked over to where he was sat and wrapped her arms around his shoulders. She knew that if she wanted to ask her father anything, she would have to act cutesy to do so. "Appa, I was wondering if you would hear me out on an idea I have." She rocked forwards and backwards while hugging Lee Sooman as if she was a young child begging for pocket money.

Lee Sooman looked away from his papers to give his only daughter his full attention. Despite being feared by many of his employees, he was still a father that doted heavily on his child. "And what would that idea be?" he enquired. He could never say no to Suji.

Suji smiled internally. She knew her father had already given in. "EXO has this housekeeper" she began, "that's been living them in the dorm for a while."

Lee Sooman raised an eyebrow. "Go on."

"And I was wondering if you'd be interested in putting her on 'We Got Married' with one of the EXO members."

Sooman was astonished by her proposition. "Why would I ever be interested in doing that?"

Suji explained, "It would gain a lot of attention. I've been researching what's been trending on social media and WGM is one of the most popular reality shows on both a national and international level. If we get EXO on this then, it would attract a lot of interest in the company."

Sooman looked at his daughter dubiously. "I understand where you are coming from, Suji, but why would I want to pair one of the EXO members off with their housekeeper? WGM is a reality show where you pair celebrities from different companies so why EXO's housekeeper in particular?" He eyed his daughter intently, "Who is she?"

"She's just a commoner" Suji replied offhandedly. "But she's attracted a bit of attention in the past."

"Oh?" Sooman was intrigued. "What sort of attention?"

Suji pulled out her phone and showed her father photographs of Nami modelling with the EXO members. In spite of being bitter that Nami had thwarted her plans in the past, she had found use of her mishap. Suji explained to Sooman, "This is their housekeeper. She modelled with EXO a while back and caused quite a stir amongst the fans."

Sooman eyed the photographs and his eyebrows lifted even further. "This is their housekeeper?" He flicked through the photos on Suji's phone and showed a clear expression of surprise. He had to admit, she was quite charming.

Suji nodded, "Yes, appa. So, what do you think?"

Sooman thought for a while. "Why her in particular, Suji? Even if she had caused quite a stir in the past, she's still just a commoner. If I wanted to attract a lot of attention using EXO then, I would rather pair one of them off with someone from JYP or YG Entertainment."

"No, appa" Suji whined. "I'm telling you, it has to be her."

Sooman was suspicious. "What are you up to?" he asked, his small eyes narrowing behind his thick spectacles. He knew that Suji could be cunning when she wanted to be, after all, she was his daughter.

"No-nothing, appa" Suji replied. "I'm just saying that if you get the housekeeper to do the show with EXO it will be a big hit."

"And I'm asking you why it has to be her. Like I said before, if I wanted to attract more attention, I would get an artist from an equally well-known company to go on the show with EXO. The way I see it, pairing one of the members off with her won't add any benefits."

Suji pouted. This wasn't how she wanted her conversation with her father to go. "You're right, appa." She unwrapped her arms around him and started sulking. If her cutesy act didn't work, there was another tactic she could use and that was acting upset.

Sooman immediately started comforting his daughter once he saw her face. He could never resist the way her bottom lip quivered as she pouted. He exhaled, "Look, I'm not really sure why you'd want to have one of the EXO members go on WGM with this girl but, since you will one day take over my legacy, I will grant your request just this once."

Suji grinned at her father's words. She hugged him gratefully. "Thank you, appa!"

Sooman smiled as he hugged her back. If anything, his biggest weakness was his daughter. As Suji pulled away, he asked her, "Which of the EXO members do you want her to be paired off with?"

Suji smiled at her father innocently but inside, her thoughts were twisted. She didn't care who EXO's housekeeper went on the show with as long as it wasn't Chanyeol. Suji had been plotting to separate Nami and Chanyeol for a long time but it was only recently that she devised her ingenious plan. 

By sending Nami off to WGM with one of the EXO members, she would have Chanyeol all to herself. Not to mention the fact that WGM was an intimate show which forced the participating celebrities to act like a married couple. This would put Chanyeol and Nami's relationship to the test and Suji was almost certain that it would break them apart.

"I don't mind who as long as it isn't Chanyeol-oppa" she replied.

Her father had his eyebrows raised again.

Suji quickly added, "It's because he'll be going to China soon. He won't be able to take part in it anyway."

Sooman nodded. "Okay, well, I will get it arranged immediately."

A smile crept up Suji's face once more. "Thank you, appa! You're the best!"

Suji couldn't wait to split Chanyeol and Nami up for good.

~*~

Presently...

"What's going on?" I huffed as I glan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter