Time Apart

Our Little Dorm Mother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun, Baekhyun and Kai peeked through D.O's open door and observed in amused wonder at D.O rolling around in his bed. It had been an hour since they returned from their emergency meeting and it had been half an hour since D.O had started muttering to himself agitatedly.

"Do you think he's finally lost his marbles, hyung?" Sehun asked Baekhyun. "D.O-hyung has been doing that since we got back."

Baekhyun gestured for the three of them to step away from the door. He replied, "Hmm... something must have happened before the meeting."

"Do you think it has something to do with Little Umma?" Kai suggested. "She's not back at the dorm yet. Wasn't she meant to move back in with us today?"

"Maybe they had a fight" Sehun pointed out.

The three exchanged looks with each other.

"Well, I guess that's possible. I mean, they did have their ups and downs while they were filming but they've never been on 'no-talking' terms before" Baekhyun thought aloud.

"It's probably just a lover's tiff" Kai dismissed while rolling his eyes.

Sehun replied, "But even so, we'll be flying in a few hours and D.O-hyung hasn't even packed yet."

All three turned back to look at D.O as they heard him scream into his pillow while thrashing his legs about. He must have thought of something embarrassing again.

"Maybe we should get Suho-hyung to knock some sense into him?" Baekhyun jokingly suggested.

"Good idea" Kai and Sehun agreed.

~*~

D.O replayed the events in his head whilst rolling around on his bed.

He felt so stupid. Was it all a mistake? Had he jumped the gun too soon when he impulsively proposed to Nami?

He hugged his pillow tightly and sighed. It may have felt like a mistake but he was definitely sure that it wasn't--he hadn't jumped the gun.

Everything he had told her was the truth: he had been thinking about spending the rest of his life with her throughout the whole time they were on WGM together. Every day he would wake up smiling because Nami was the first person he'd see. Just seeing her once made him feel so elated and he didn't want that feeling ever to end.

But like all good things, D.O was painfully aware that their time together was limited. He knew that one day, Nami would have to leave but, he had hoped that by asking her to marry him, she would stay. D.O couldn't risk losing her; he wanted to be with her and he had never been so sure about anything in his life apart from this.

He sighed as he thought about her answer. I need time to think about it.

Honestly, D.O didn't know whether he should be happy that she didn't reject him or be sad that she didn't say 'yes'. While her answer wasn't bad, it wasn't good either. To a guy, 'thinking about it' was code for many things. And one of them was 'I'm not interested but thanks for the offer anyway'. 

D.O grew glum at the prospect. What if Nami was actually trying to say 'no' but didn't say it out loud because she was being mindful of his feelings? He had thought that he and Nami were on the same wavelength but her answer had proved him otherwise.

Suddenly, D.O heard a knock on the door which broke him away from his thoughts. He rolled over to his other side.

"Can I come in?" It was Suho.

D.O needn't respond as Suho came in anyway.

"So the others told me that you've been rolling around since we got back from SMHQ" Suho began, as he sat down at the end of D.O's bed. "Mind explaining to me why?"

D.O sighed gloomily. "I've just had a lot on my mind, hyung."

Suho pursed his lips. "What's up, D.O-ah?" he asked, eyeing D.O intently. "We'll be flying in a few hours and I see you haven't even packed yet."

D.O turned to look at his empty suitcase and sighed miserably. He didn't have the motivation to move from his bed.

Suho, seeing D.O's despondent reaction, persisted, "Is this about Nami-ah?" It didn't take much for Suho to guess correctly. He knew that Nami had such a great effect on D.O.

D.O fidgeted slightly which signalled to Suho that he had hit a bullseye.

"Look, D.O-ah, whatever it is that's going on between you and Nami-ah stays between you two. I get that. But I hope that you won't let things get in the way of our performance. First and foremost, we're a team. And we're also idols so we have a duty to our fans who have been supporting us since day one." Suho frowned slightly as he finished his sermon, "So please, get your act together and pack your bags, okay? We'll be leaving in less than two hours."

D.O nodded as he replied, "Okay, hyung."

"If you have any problems, you know that you can always talk to us, right? We'll always be here for you."

D.O managed a weak smile. "I know, hyung." But D.O knew that this was something he couldn't tell any of the EXO members about at all.

~*~

D.O searched the swarm of fans that crowded around the airport lobby for Nami. It was finally time for EXO to depart for the US but all D.O could think about was why Nami wasn't with them. Where was she?

He hadn't seen her since leaving the apartment, almost four hours ago, and he had been reluctant to go to the airport without her. If it weren't for Manager-noona, D.O would have stayed behind and waited for Nami to arrive at the dorm so that they could go to the airport together.

"Where are they now?" D.O asked Manager-noona for the third time.

She kept a straight face although D.O noticed her eyebrow twitch slightly. Manager-noona replied, "Manager-nim says that they're on their way to the airport as we speak. They've just finished moving all your things back to the dorm."

D.O began to relax sligh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter