The Bet

Our Little Dorm Mother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“And, that’s all for today. Thank you, everyone, for coming and supporting these wonderful artists!” The MC quipped cheerily. He turned to the EXO members, who were getting up from their seats, “Thank you, EXO for coming to today’s fan signing. EXO-L’s will continue to support you.”

The sound of screaming fangirls resonated around the hall as the EXO members waved their fans goodbye.

But as soon as they reached the safety of being behind the stage and in their dressing room, the smiles which they had plastered on their faces, finally came off.

It was a tiring three hours, not to mention the fact that they had early morning rehearsals before that.

Each EXO member let out a breath of relief at finally being able to relax their cheek muscles and their sore hands. How many signatures had they had to write in that small amount of time? One thousand? It felt like more than that.

Baekhyun was the first to speak. “I’m so tired. All that signing has made me hungry.” He turned to the others, “Anyone down for chicken later?”

Chen groaned, “Chicken again?” He had an eyebrow raised. “Yah, our bin at home is literally full of chicken bones. How many chickens have you guys eaten in the past three days?”

Kai and Sehun grinned at Chen’s question.

“Only two,” Kai answered.

Sehun cocked his head, “Or maybe three?”

As the members climbed into their van and got ready to go back to their dorm, Chen, Baekhyun, Kai and Sehun bickered on what they should eat.

“Yah, can you guys shut up already?” Suho sounded irritated. He was sitting at the front of the van in between a sleepy Chanyeol and D.O, who was preoccupied with his phone.

Suho pressed the bridge of his nose with his thumb and index finger once he was done yelling at the four to shut up. D.O glanced up at Suho and noticed how worked up he was getting. He turned to the back of the van, where the four members were still arguing but, quietly.

“I can cook something when we get home” he offered.

The four noisy members looked to the front of the van and at D.O’s direction.

“Will you really?” asked Kai excitedly. He liked D.O’s cooking.

D.O nodded, “Yeah, it’s no trouble.”

The dorm was a large building with an open plan kitchen that led to the communal sitting area and living room. Upstairs, there was a long corridor that led to the members’ bedrooms. There were two bathrooms and six bedrooms in total so some of the members had to share a room. The dorm was predominantly painted in an off-white colour and furnished with chic brown leather sofas and bean bags of varying colours. It gave off a very modern and youthful ambience.

When they finally arrived at the dorm, the EXO members immediately did what they normally did straight after a tiring day: they began to unwind. Sehun, Kai and Xiumin went straight to their rooms while Chanyeol, Chen and Baekhyun gathered around the TV.

D.O went straight to the kitchen to start making dinner.

Suho took a moment to inspect the state of their dorm. It was absolutely filthy. There was clutter everywhere. He sighed at the pile of empty plastic water bottles that had occupied the coffee table and the unwound game controllers which were left on the ground by the maknaes, Kai and Sehun.

Seeing the beagle line just lazing on the sofa, watching TV, further irritated him more. “Guys, this place is a mess!” he exclai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter