Supermarket Trip

Our Little Dorm Mother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"We're not going back to the dorm?" I asked as the car parked outside a tall apartment complex.

"Nope" one of the WGM staff replied. "You and D.O-ssi will be staying in this apartment together for the duration of the show."

D.O and I exchanged looks as we made our way to our new apartment. It was a cosy apartment that was furnished with chocolate brown leather sofas and simplistic decoration.

I surveyed the room and realised that there was only one bedroom. I peered inside and I was astonished to see that there was no bed. "Erm, excuse me," I said, trying to attract the attention of the WGM staff, who were busy setting up their filming equipment. "Where's the bed?"

"Oh, there's a futon inside the cupboard over there." She pointed to one of the airing cupboards and I checked it by sliding the door to one side. There, folded up neatly, was a futon. I took it out only to find that we had another problem.

There was only one futon.

I turned to look at D.O, who had followed me inside the bedroom although, it was just an empty room at the moment. "D.O-ah," I said pointing to the futon.

He glanced at where I was pointing at and then met eyes with mine. "I'll sleep on the sofa tonight" he stated. "You can take the futon."

"Are you sure, D.O-ah?" I asked. "I mean, I can sleep on the sofa tonight--"

"No, it's okay. I'll sleep on the sofa--"

"But it's unfair on you," I replied. "You should take the futon--"

"No, Nami-ah. I insist, I'll take the sofa--"

We engaged in a staredown as we both stubbornly wanted the other to sleep on the futon. It was a battle of politeness. Suddenly, D.O started laughing and I couldn't help but join him.

"Look at us," he said still grinning. "We're fighting over who should sleep on the futon."

"Yeah" I giggled, "I guess we're just as insistent as the other."

"Tell you what" he suddenly said. "Why don't we play for it?" He raised his fist to suggest a game we were both familiar with.

"Rock-paper-scissors? Seriously?"

He chuckled. "Whoever loses has to sleep on the futon, deal?"

I nodded. "Fine. Deal."

We threw our fists in front of us and started playing rock-paper-scissors. D.O chanted, "Rock, paper, scissors!" And he made the rock sign with his fingers. I grinned: I had played paper. "Looks like I'm taking the sofa" I smirked.

D.O was displeased. "Let's do best of five."

"Nah-uh" I replied. "A deal's a deal. You sleep on the futon."

I pranced out of the bedroom before D.O could protest. It felt good to win, even though it was just over a silly thing like who gets to sleep on the sofa. When D.O finally came out to join me, he saw that I was checking the cupboards. They were all empty. I turned to one of the WGM staff. "So we'll be staying here until further notice?"

She replied, "Yes. We'll be filming your interactions at home but it will be done less invasively." She pointed to the cameras that had been installed. "We've set up some smaller cameras since the apartment isn't very big. Rest assured, we won't be here all the time so you'll be much more comfortable."

D.O then asked, "Do we have anything scheduled to be filmed today?"

"Well, since there is no food in the apartment at the moment, we were planning on filming you guys going grocery shopping."

D.O turned to me. "Shall we do that, Nami-ah?"

I nodded. "But what about the other EXO members? Will there be time to visit them? I still have souvenirs to give them."

The staff member replied, "We won't be filming you all the time so, you'll have time to do things privately once we've got enough material."

D.O made his way to the door. "Okay. Well, let's get grocery shopping then. I'm actually quite hungry."

~*~

We went to a nearby supermarket and started buying plenty of food. I had always gone grocery shopping by myself so it was quite refreshing to have someone come with me. D.O pushed the trolley as I hovered over the wide variety of fruits and vegetables that were on display.

He parked the trolley next to me. "You should buy the semi-ripe ones" he suggested as he pointed to the bananas that I was staring at. "That way, they last longer."

"I prefer the really ripe ones though" I replied. I turned to him and grinned as I picked out a bunch of bright yellow bananas. "That way I can eat them immediately." I placed the bananas in the trolley and D.O raised his brow.

We continued picking out different kinds of food while the WGM staff tried to film us as inconspicuously as possible. Of course, having a couple of cameramen following us drew a lot of attention anyway. The customers in the supermarket gave us curious looks as we passed by but, I knew they were all staring at D.O. He wasn't wearing a mask so his face was in full view if he just took off his black baseball cap.

D.O continued to push the trolley along as I led the way. I was actually semi-thankful that the WGM staff were with us because even if the customers did recognise D.O, they were too intimidated by the cameras to approach us. I felt somewhat reassured that nothing like what happened in the restaurant would happen to us again.

"We should buy some ramyeon too" I suggested as we passed by the noodle section.

D.O followed suit. "Don't buy too much though. It's not healthy."

"I won't" I replied, but I proceeded to take packet after packet.

While I was busy doing this, a woman with a baby sat in her trolley, suddenly went past us and stopped to take some oriental sauces that were shelved on the other side. The baby turned to look at D.O and gurgled at him.

"Hello!" D.O cooed at the baby who was flexing its small, star-like hands at him. The baby smiled and continued to make gurgling noises as D.O pulled silly faces.

When the woman returned, she smiled when she saw D.O trying to make her baby laugh. "She seems to like you!" she commented and picked her baby up so that D.O could see her better. "Say hello, Dasom."

"She's so adorable," D.O said sweetly as he extended his finger and baby Dasom curled her little ones around his. D.O

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter