Hello Noona

Our Little Dorm Mother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How's the acting gig going?" Chen asked Chanyeol as he stretched his arms. "You said that you might be starring in a film this year, right?"

"That's if I get the part" Chanyeol answered. He stretched his arms and shook his legs to loosen the tension in his body.

"But you'll be speaking in Mandarin" Baekhyun confirmed. "Will you be able to cope?"

"I think so" Chanyeol mumbled. "If only Lay-hyung was here. He could help me with my pronunciation."

Baekhyun nodded as he scrolled down his phone and huffed, "Speaking of languages, ugh, why is English so hard?"

It had been a week since EXO had returned from their three-day retreat and they were finally back in the dance studio, practising their choreography again.

Chen scooted closer to Baekhyun and peeked at his phone. "We don't have to say a lot of English, you know. A simple 'hi' and 'how are you' will do."

"But I want to make it more personal for the fans" Baekhyun whined. "I want to make a good impression."

Chanyeol glanced at the pair who were busy Googling how to say phrases in English. It had been announced earlier in the year that EXO would be touring around North America as part of their promotion for their new album. And keen to please their fans, Baekhyun and Chen had been trying to prepare a small message they could tell them during their concert. Chanyeol sighed. They didn't have this problem when Kris, their former member, was still with them. He was their representative when it came to speaking in English. Now, they had no one to consult.

Suddenly, a light bulb lit up in Chanyeol's mind as he realised that they did have someone to consult. They had a secret native in their midst. "Didn't Nami-ah say that she grew up in a bilingual household?" Chanyeol asked.

"That's right!" Baekhyun exclaimed. "Why didn't I think of that?"

"We can ask Nami-ah to help us" Chen stated. "Xiumin-hyung did say that she sounded native. What did he compare her accent to again?"

"I think it was 'Harry Potter'" Chanyeol replied. He pulled out his phone and started to text Nami, "I can ask her what time she'll be coming in today."

Baekhyun watched as Chanyeol happily occupied himself by texting on his phone. He saw his mouth curve into a smile. He smirked, "Looks like someone's in a good mood."

Chanyeol looked up. "What? Why do you say that?"

"Ever since you started dating Nami-ah, you've been awfully cheerful" Baekhyun observed. "It looks like you're in the honeymoon phase."

"I don't know what you're talking about" Chanyeol denied.

"To be honest, I agree with Baekhyun" Chen added. "You and Nami-ah have been on very good terms ever since we came back from the retreat."

Baekhyun giggled, "Maybe it was because Chanyeol got thrown up on."

Chanyeol frowned at the two for bringing up what happened that night. After Nami had thrown up on him, she had passed out on the floor and didn't wake up until the following morning. The EXO members had exploded into fits of laughter at his misfortune, mainly because it was unexpected and they were still a little tipsy.

Nami had no recollection of what happened the following morning which, to Chanyeol's dismay, meant that she couldn't remember their spontaneous kiss. But unfortunately, the other EXO members were kind enough to fill her in on what happened after she had forced a kiss on him. Since that day, Nami had been very apologetic to Chanyeol and had been acting nice towards him to make up for her carelessness.

But that wasn't the only reason why Chanyeol had been in a good mood. Even if Nami couldn't remember their kiss, he did. And like the first time, he found it electrifying and strangely addicting. He couldn't get Nami out of his mind and he started to notice that he would find himself smiling at the thought of her. Chanyeol knew that he was in trouble. He finally acknowledged that he was attracted to her and he didn't have enough willpower to deny it. Maybe, just maybe, he was falling for her for real.

"Nah, I think it's because Suji-ssi doesn't come and bother us anymore" Chen mentioned.

Chanyeol snapped to attention. "Er, yeah. That's right."

"Now that you mention it, it has been a lot quieter this week," Baekhyun said.

Chen responded, "And I'm glad."

~*~

Chanyeol: What time are you coming in today?

You: I'll be there soon. I'm still on the bus.

Chanyeol: Kk. Message me when you're here.

You: *thumbs up*

I put my phone away as I got off the bus. I had finally arrived outside SMHQ and I was carrying a tote bag filled with homemade snacks and bottled drinks for all the EXO members. It was the usual errand but, I had been coming to their practice rehearsals more frequently ever since we had come back from the retreat. Guilt swelled in my gut as I tried to remember what happened that night...

When I woke up the following morning, I felt a throbbing pain pulse on my head and I felt really nauseous. I found myself lying on a bed with my hoodie off, a small stain of God-knows-what decorated my shirt. I was in an unfamiliar room and I was alone. Light seeped through the gaps in the curtains, dimly illuminating the room to show that it was Xiumin and Chen's room. Their familiar suitcases were stationed tidily in the corners of the room which led me to conclude that.

Carefully, I crept downstairs and found that the EXO members were all asleep on the floor, their bodies overlapping with one another as they slept awkwardly together. They didn't even have the futon out. They must have passed out from drinking too much, I remembered thinking. But then, how did I manage to get up the stairs?

Once they were all awake and we were on our way home, D.O explained to me what had happened the night before. I had vomited on Chanyeol after drinking two shots of vodka and this was validated by many of the other EXO members enthusiastically. I was horrified, I puked on Chanyeol? Me?

When I tried to apologise to Chanyeol, he wouldn't look me in the eye. I felt bad for him. Apparently, my projectile vomit had got him square in the face.

"I'm really sorry, Chanyeol" I kept telling him every time I bumped into him in the dorm.

Chanyeol would refuse to meet my eye. But at last, a few days ago he spoke, "You'll have to do something to make it up to me."

"I will!" I replied enthusiastically. "Anything."

Chanyeol turned around and grinned at me. "Then, you can start by never drinking again."

I walked to the entrance of SMHQ with the tote bag in between both my hands. Once I was in front of the entrance, the security guard, Ryuk rushed up to me to give me a hand.

"You need some help, Nami-ssi?" he asked with a smile. Ryuk was a beefy, middle-aged man that had large arms and a big build. He was wearing a white shirt and plain black trousers as part of his security guard uniform. I had been coming so often to SMHQ that I was already familiar with the staff there. Ryuk was just one of many people I had come to befriend.

I shook my head, "It's okay, Ryuk-ssi. I can manage." I continued with entering the building when I suddenly remembered, "Oh, and this is for you." I handed Ryuk a can of co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter