Whose Fan?

Our Little Dorm Mother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I covered my eyes with both my hands. “Put it away! Put it away!” I screamed at the guy in front of me.

I heard a rush of footsteps from the stairwell and felt something warm around my shoulders. When I peered through my fingers, I saw that a guy with a wide forehead had offered his jacket to me. He gave me a brief smile and turned to the other guy, who was tall and had big ears. “Chanyeol,” he spoke, “help Baekhyun get covered,” he said in Korean.

Immediately, everyone was set into motion and the tall guy, called Chanyeol, came to the guy’s side and quickly covered him up.

“Hand me that towel.” The guy ordered. Chanyeol obliged swiftly.

“Are you okay, miss?” asked the forehead guy. He offered his hand to help me up. But I waved it away and got up myself.

I didn’t want to risk grabbing something else again.

“I’m fine,” I told him, though my arse felt pretty sore.

“Well that’s good” snapped the half- guy--he was wearing a towel around his waist now. “But you still owe us an explanation. Who are you? And what are you doing in our dorm?”

“Maybe she’s a thief!” I heard someone exclaim.

“A thief who decided to take a shower?” A doubtful voice replied.

“What if she’s a saesang?” Someone else suggested.

There was a brief silence.

Saesang? Didn’t that mean stalker?

“I’m not a saesang!” I protested. “I’m--”

I scrunched up my nose and let out an unattractive sneeze that sounded like something in between a trumpet and a wet fart.

I could sense the others’ eyes resting on me.

“Maybe you should go and get dressed first.” Someone suggested. I squinted my eyes and could just about make out that the owner of the voice was short and was wearing all-black clothing. “And you too, Baekhyun.”

“Yeah, good idea, D.O.” Forehead guy replied. “We’ll meet downstairs in fifteen minutes.”

I pushed up my glasses further up the bridge of my nose. Now that I could see better, I saw five guys staring intently at my direction from the other side of the sofa. I looked down immediately when I suddenly made eye contact with one of them.

The silence was suffocating.

It had only been two minutes since I’d come down, after getting hastily dressed and, I was already feeling the intensity of their stares.

Why wasn’t anyone saying anything? And where were the other three?

Such questions kept popping into my mind the longer I sat there, waiting.

“Yah!” A guy with a half-eaten sandwich suddenly shouted. “Those are mine!” He raced towards my direction and pointed at the slippers I had on my feet. “So you were the one who stole them!”

I took his slippers off, “I didn’t steal them” I replied, “I was only borrowing them.”

Just as I finished my sentence, the forehead guy appeared followed by a fully-clothed guy and the tall guy, Chanyeol.

“Good. Everyone’s here.” He began. He turned to me, “I was just listening to Baekhyun’s version of events upstairs and he has something to say.” He turned towards Baekhyun.

Baekhyun looked reluctant to speak. “Fine, hyung.” He met eyes with me, “I’m sorry about what happened.” He turned to forehead guy, “there! You happy now? I apologised. Though I don’t understand why I have to say sorry when we don’t even know why she" he says pointing at me, “was even doing there in the first place!”

“I was taking a shower!” I retaliated. “Why else would I be there?”

Baekhyun didn’t back down. “We still don’t know who you are. You could have been waiting there to ambush one of us.”

Before I could counter, forehead guy put up his hands as if to signal for us to stop. “Let’s calm down, okay?” He said sternly. “We can talk this out.” He turned to my direction. “Baekhyun’s right. We still don’t know who you are.”

I stared back up at him. He had nice features and very fair skin. His hair was a hazelnut, bronze colour and his shoulders looked broad and well-proportioned.

“My name is Mi--Nami" I corrected myself. This will need some getting used to. “I’m the new housekeeper.”

“Ahhhhh.” The members all let out a sound of acknowledgement in unison.

“So you were the one who cleaned up!” A short guy with brown, auburn hair stated. It took me a second to recognise him but I was pretty sure it was Xiumin.

I nodded. “I was just taking a shower after cleaning up when he,” I say pointing at Baekhyun, “decided to burst in on me.”

He looked at me defiantly, “How was I supposed to know you were in there?”

“I locked the door!” I spat, “isn’t that supposed to tell you not to come inside?”

At this, Baekhyun was quiet.

“On Baekhyun’s behalf,” forehead guy interjected, “I’m really sorry.”

There were nods and murmurs of apology from the other guys too.

“And...” forehead guy continued, “don’t worry-- it won’t happen again. Right, Baekhyun?” he was staring at him intently.

Guiltily, Baekhyun looked away. “Yes, hyung,” he replied in a small voice.

“Welcome to the EXO family, Nami-ssi.” Forehead guy addressed me. He had a warm smile on his face. “We hope that we’ll get on well.”

I smiled back up at him. “Thank you...” my voice trailed off as I tried hard to remember his name. I had only briefly glanced at the debrief and on the profiles of all the members before departing to Seoul. Because of my sudden cramming of Korean and sudden change of plans, I hadn’t had the time to actually learn all the members’ names--except Xiumin’s-- since he was at the top of the page.

Forehead guy stared back at me expectantly.

“I’m sorry,” I tell him apologetically, “what’s your name?”

Forehead guy’s jaw dropped. “You... don’t know who I am?” He says slowly after what seemed like ten minutes later.

I shook my head. Even if I had read the debrief, I doubt that there was much i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter