Disastrous Situation

Our Little Dorm Mother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The funny thing about being a reporter is that whenever you encounter anything, you can’t help asking a lot of whys. For instance, why was Baekhyun always the last one to use the bathroom? And why was Suho always grumpy after waking up? Why was Chen always asking ‘why’ at Suho? And why did Sehun like bubble tea? Why was Chanyeol’s laugh so infectious? And why did Kai like chicken so much?

I furrowed my brow as I sorted through the large pile of laundry in front of me. And then, came another question, why was everything D.O owned, black?

As I busied myself with separating the laundry into piles, I started formulating answers to my never-ending list of questions. There were so many things I needed to find the answers to. I sighed as I started thinking about the next part of my report. Everything was going smoothly for now but, I needed more information: something that wasn’t already known by the public about EXO or K-pop idols in general.

As I sorted the clothes into piles of who they belonged to, I came across a pair of SpongeBob SquarePants boxers. It was blue and yellow and quite childish. I smirked, I knew who these belonged to without having to look around. It was Chanyeol’s. “He’s such a man-child,” I told myself.

When I finally reached the last pile, I stopped for a moment to admire the clothes in front of me. It was Xiumin’s pile. I picked up his shirt and traced my palm across it. The material was soft and it smelled faintly of his scent. The smell of his minty shampoo also lingered around the neck hole. Suddenly, I remembered the way he patted my head a week ago. I remembered the way his eyes crinkled to reveal his child-like smile that was full of innocence. My face reddened-- what was I doing sniffing Xiumin’s clothes?

I dropped his shirt forcefully as I felt my cheeks heat up. What was wrong with me? My heart was beating like a drum against my chest even though all I did was sniff his clothes. Was I a ert?

I shook my head violently to try and snap myself out of it. I was so confused with what I was feeling. You’re a reporter, Mirei! I yelled at myself internally. And you’re also an ARMY, not an EXO-L!

But there was another question which nagged at my brain; could I be developing feelings for... Xiumin?

I groaned. That’s another question to add to the list.

The sound of the water running was mystifying. Chanyeol embraced the warmth that enveloped his body as he washed away of the sweat he accumulated from working out in the gym. It was late in the afternoon and he had just returned from exercising. He was surprised he still had enough energy left. He was physically exhausted but mentally satisfied.

As he arched his body back, the sound of the door opening caught his attention. He stopped.

“Hello?” he called out. “Who’s there?”

But there was no answer.

Chanyeol turned the water off and decided to take a peek outside the shower cubicle. As he focused on the frosted glass doors, he could just about make out the outline of an individual. He opened the doors slowly.

“Hello, Chanyeol.”

“Holy mother of--!” Chanyeol exclaimed in shock. “Aigoo, Baek! Don’t just pop out of nowhere like that! You scared me!” He clutched his heart as he breathed in and out slowly.

Baekhyun laughed, “Sorry, Chanyeol-ah. I just wanted to take a shower. You done?”

Chanyeol frowned at him, “I just started!” He saw that Baekhyun was only wearing a towel around his waist. “And what are you doing here, anyway? I swore I locked the door.” He narrowed his eyes, “Did you pick-lock again?”

Baekhyun shrugged innocently, “What? I wanted to shower straight away. Suho-hyung’s using the other one and I can’t shower with him.”

Chanyeol was unimpressed, “Of course you can’t. Hadn’t you learned your lesson from before?”

Baekhyun gave him a sidewards glance. “Yeah, but that was only with Nami-ssi. Suho-hyung never mentioned anything about everyone else.”

Chanyeol sighed. “Well, it’s a ‘no’ from me. Go shower after I finish.”

“Oh c’mon. I wanna nap before dinner!” He moaned. But then he grinned mischievously, “There’s no need to be intimidated. Your package is big too.”

Chanyeol glared at him, “Yah, get out y Baekhyun.”

Baekhyun pouted. “I’ll just wait in here until you’re done.” He sat down on the toilet seat cover and watched as Chanyeol resumed his shower. After a few seconds, Baekhyun got up and started admiring himself in the mirror.

“Yah, Chanyeol-ah,” he said as he inspected his chin. “How are things going with Nami-ssi?”

Chanyeol was silent. Only the sound of the water running could be heard.

“She seems to be resisting your charms” Baekhyun taunted. He waited for a response. Nothing. Baekhyun frowned, “I guess she doesn’t find you so good-looking after all.”

The sound of the shower door suddenly opening made Baekhyun jump. Water was dripping from Chanyeol’s hair as he replied, “It’s only a matter of time before she falls for me.” He gave him a perplexed look, “For some reason, my usual technique didn’t work on her.”

Baekhyun agreed, “I saw,” he stifled a laugh, “she didn’t even bat an eyelid to any of your advances. Honestly, bro, it’s painful to watch.”

Chanyeol scoffed, “That was before. I’ve changed my tactics now. It will work this time.”

“What? You’re gonna go from clingy to cringey?” he asked playfully.

“No. I’m going to act like the bad guy,” Chanyeol answered coolly.

Baekhyun raised his brow. “Seriously? The bad boy act?”

Chanyeol nodded, “Why not? It worked before. Girls like bad boys.”

“I think you’re confused” Baekhyun replied, ”Most girls like bad boys. But Nami-ssi isn’t like most girls.” He looked at his reflection as he ran his fingers through his hair, “Can she even be considered a girl? I mean, have you seen her? She’s anything but feminine.”

Chanyeol dried his hair. “Well, whatever, I’m going to go with this strategy for now.” He smiled, “Nami-ssi may not be like most girls but, in the end, she is still one.” He turned to Baekhyun and gave him a lopsided grin, “And I’ll make her mine, you’ll see.”

“There it is,” I say out loud as I reached for my mobile phone.

It had fallen at the side of the bed and I had been searching around for it for almost half an hour. I was expecting a call from Richard today but, I had no idea when he would contact me. Richard wasn’t the type to stick to schedules. He just rang you whenever he felt like it and, he expected you to answer without fail.

I sighed as I checked my phone. Nothing. I still had to finish doing the laundry so I decided to get back to work. I could always run back to my room when Richard called. Lately, my room was the only place safe enough for me to answer his calls without any of the EXO members overhearing.

As I passed through the corridor, the door to the bathroom suddenly opened and out came Chanyeol. His damp, messy hair hung low, covering his big eyes and as my vision trailed downwards, I saw that he was only wearing a towel around his waist. His chest was bare, revealing his taut arms and chiselled abs which formed perfectly defined angles across his body.

Chanyeol saw me looking and smiled deviously, “Are you checking me out, Nami-ssi?”

I immediately snapped to attention and stared at him squarely, “No, I’m not” I quickly said. But I couldn’t help my eyes from wandering downwards. Just how fit was he? He had a face of a boy yet a body of a Spartan. Chanyeol himself was a paradox.

His eyes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter