Happy Ending

Our Little Dorm Mother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Do you think the others will like it?" I asked as I carefully packed away the sweets into my rucksack.

D.O nodded. "I'm pretty sure they'll eat it no matter what you buy them." But then he chuckled, "Although, I feel like you bought those Japanese sweets for yourself rather than for the others."

It was finally the following the day and we were getting ready to go home. After the Coca-Cola girl had splashed her drink all over D.O, we had gone straight to the department store where we went shopping for clothes and souvenirs. Since I didn't know what to get the others, I ended up buying them Japanese sweets from a traditional confectionery store.

I stared at him defiantly. "No I didn't!" but I couldn't help giggling and soon, my façade shattered. "Okay, so maybe my preference for these sweets did somewhat influence my judgement..."

D.O laughed as he finished packing his things away. It was almost time for us to go. I watched as he tugged on his sky-blue hoodie which was the same colour as mine. I smiled secretly. While we were at the department store, we had decided to buy couple hoodies. I was only meant to be window shopping while D.O bought a replacement shirt to wear, but then I ended up playing the 'if I had money game' and D.O noticed. He saw me staring at the hoodies that were on sale.

"You like this?" he had asked as he picked out one of the hoodies. He saw that there was an offer for couple hoodies.

"I have a weakness for hoodies in general" I admitted. "But the price is still steep even if it's on sale." I returned the sky-blue hoodie that I had in my hand. It was a really pretty colour and the material felt soft too.

D.O took the one I returned out of the rack and searched for one his size. "If you want it, I'll buy it for you."

"You don't have to D.O-ah, I was only looking--"

"Playing the 'if I had money game'?" he asked with a smirk on his face. 

I blinked. "How did you know?"

"You don't have to play it when you're with me." He took a sky-blue hoodie that was identical to the one I had picked out from the rack. "Let's get two so that we can get a discount."

"Are you sure?"

D.O smiled. "Of course." He put the two hoodies he had in his hand into a basket. "I'll go and pay now, will you wait for me here?"

I nodded as I watched D.O leave. While he was gone, a shop attendant, who had been watching us from the other side, went up to me. She glanced at my hand and seeing my wedding ring, smiled. "You have a handsome husband," she told me. "And he's very gentlemanly too."

Not sure how to respond, I agreed with a smile forming on my lips. "Yes," I answered, as I watched D.O from afar. "He really is."

I watched D.O, now, as he sat on top of his bed. "Why do you like Japan so much anyway?"

"Hm?"

"You said before that you liked Japanese food so I can only assume you like Japan too."

I looked away, embarrassed. "Er, the reason's kinda silly."

"Oh?" he seemed curious. "Do tell."

I peeked up at him and opened my mouth reluctantly. "Well, the truth is... I used to be an otaku."

D.O was baffled. "A what?"

"Otaku" I repeated and then I covered my face in shame. "It's someone who's obsessed with anime" I elaborated, with my hands still covering my face. I listened out for D.O's reaction but, when I didn't hear anything, I peeked from at him from between my fingers. 

He was gaping at me. "That's not something to be ashamed of" he responded kindly. "You like anime, so what?"

Relieved, I put down my hands. "Oh, well. People used to give me weird stares when they saw me. I was really into anime. Like, really into it" I stressed. "But eventually, the phase died down and I just started liking the culture more instead."

D.O watched as I finished packing. "Have you ever been to Japan?" he asked out of the blue.

My eyes met his and I shook my head. "No. Not yet. But I'd love to visit one day."

"It's very beautiful. I think you'll definitely like it there."

"You've been?"

He nodded. "Once or twice with the members. We make tours to Japan every now and again."

"Ah" I replied. "Of course."

He eyed me thoughtfully. "Maybe you can come with us next time?" he suggested. 

I perked up. "Really?" But then I realised that I wasn't going to be around for long so there was no point in having my hopes up. I tried my best to hide my disappointment. "Yeah, it would be nice if I could."

D.O, seeing my expression, realised what I was thinking. He added tactfully, "Well, if not with us as a group then, maybe, we can go together, you and me."

I blinked. Huh? "To-together?" I stuttered. Was D.O serious?

D.O eyed my expression and then I watched as his face flushed pink, probably from realising what he had just said. "I-I mean, we can go explore together as a- as a- as friends" he stammered. He looked away shyly. "I mean, it would have been nice if we went to somewhere like Japan instead of staying in Seoul. This wasn't much of a holiday."

I gave him a small smile. "Yeah. It would have been exciting to attend the different festivities. Like, watch the fireworks or see the sakura petals falling..." I sighed wistfully.

"I think the best time to go would be the spring" D.O replied. "The trees would be in bloom by then."

"But the summer is good too," I told him. "We could go to the beach and eat yakisoba like they do in t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter