My Goddess

Our Little Dorm Mother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoora sipped her bubble tea from her straw and stared at me intently. "So, Nami-ssi" she began, "tell me more about yourself."

I sat and stared at her awkwardly, not knowing where to begin. We were in a bubble tea shop and Yoora had ordered a bubble tea for me and herself after I had declined her offer of bringing me to a swanky, fine-dining restaurant. Thankfully, she agreed to the compromise and I let her lead me into the bubble tea shop across the road.

She sipped at her bubble tea again, her hand cupping her chin as she leaned on her elbow. She tilted her head, "What's the matter? Cat got your tongue?"

Even the way they speak is the same, I thought inwardly. "N-no, Yoora-ssi" I replied. "It's just that, I wasn't really expecting to meet any of Chanyeol's family."

Yoora had her brow raised, "Chanyeol, huh?" She smiled slyly as she spoke, "You don't call him 'oppa'?"

"Erm, no," I replied. "Well, I did before but--"

"Don't worry" she interrupted. "I'm not going to grill you on formalities." She played with her straw as she stirred her bubble tea. "I just wanted to get to know the girl that's dating my little brother." She peered up at me and her piercing dark-brown eyes met with mine. "So, are you going to tell me more about yourself or are we just going to sit here and drink bubble tea?"

"Erm," I managed to mumble, "what do you want to know about me?"

Yoora grinned. "Just the basics" she replied but I could see a glint in her eye. "How old are you?"

"I just recently turned twenty-two" I responded.

Yoora nodded. "Ah. So you're two years younger than Chanyeollie." She smiled before asking, "have you got any siblings? What do your parents work as? What is the highest education level you've achieved?"

I blinked as Yoora continued to ask me question after question like rapid bullet fire. I was starting to think that this was more like an interrogation rather than a casual get-to-know session. Yoora eyed me expectantly as I hesitated to answer her. The way she looked at me was somewhat familiar. And that was when I realised why it was familiar: she was trying to fish out any vulnerabilities in my character--just like how a seasoned reporter would do. Unluckily for her, I was also a reporter who knew how to evade such tactics.

"I'm an only child" I replied. "And my mom is a teacher and my dad is a..." I paused as I tried to think of a believable occupation, "a nurse."

Yoora nodded politely. "And what about your education level, if you don't mind me asking?"

I sipped on my bubble tea nervously. "I graduated from university a few years ago."

At this, Yoora was impressed. "Ooh. Which university?" she asked interestedly.

I searched my brain as I tried to think of the name of the university I attended in Seoul for my exchange year. "I prefer not to say" I answered in the end.

Yoora looked at me suspiciously. But then, she said, "Look, I'm not trying to make you feel uncomfortable. I'm just trying to get to know you, that's all."

I continued to sip on my bubble tea.

She sighed before asking, "So, have you two kissed yet?"

I spluttered as I nearly choked on a tapioca pearl. Yoora hurriedly offered me some tissues. "Omo, are you okay? Do you need me to get you some water?"

"I-I'm fine" I replied, hastily trying to calm myself.

Yoora eyed my expression and I saw her eyes twinkle with mischief. "So you have kissed then" she teased.

I coughed, "Erm. No, we haven't--"

"No need to hide it" she quickly interrupted. "I can tell from how flushed your cheeks are that it's true." She grinned back at me as I checked my reflection against the silver serviette container in the centre of the table. She was right. My cheeks were as pink as roses.

She grinned, "Don't worry. I won't tell anyone about you two dating if that's why you're adamant about not spilling any details."

I looked at her and saw that her eyes were melancholy. "You see, Chanyeollie isn't very good at relationships. Ever since he became an idol, he hasn't had the time to fall in love. His idol life has led to many sacrifices and, most of the time, I only get to see him when we Skype each other during the weekends. Our family rarely get the chance to see him in the flesh too since he's so busy with his schedules." Yoora stared at a napkin she had pulled out and started playing with it. "So when I heard that he might be dating again, I was really happy for him. It meant that he had someone supporting him, even if it had to be a secret."

I stared down at the napkin guiltily. Yoora sounded like she was genuinely happy for me and Chanyeol and that made me feel worse since it was all a hoax. I wasn't really dating Chanyeol: it was all part of our agreement.

Yoora looked up from the napkin and smiled at me warmly, "Don't worry, Nami-ssi. Even though it's my job, I won't publish anything that would get in the way of you and Chanyeollie's relationship. I want you guys to be happy."

I forced a smile on my face, "Thank you, Yoora-ssi--"

"Please. Call me unnie" she insisted, a smile still on her face.

"Erm. Okay, unnie" I replied.

"After all, we might as well get better acquainted" she began, a playful smile appearing. "We might become in-laws one day."

I covered my mouth as I nearly choked on another tapioca pearl. Yoora laughed.

"Unnie, it's a bit too soon to be talking about things like that," I told her, blushing.

Yoora maintained her playful smile, "Oh? But you never know. I sense that you'll be wearing a ring on that finger soon." She pointed to my left hand and I followed her stare. "I'm quite psychic, you know. And I've never once got it wrong."

As I continued to stare at my left hand, Yoora's phone suddenly started to vibrate. She checked her messages and let out a grunt of amusement. "Looks like your boyfriend is summoning you back." She got up from her chair and slung her side bag over her shoulder. "I think it's time I return you to your darling."

"Thank you for the bubble tea," I told her as I got up and put my coat on.

She smiled. "No problem, Nami-ssi" she paused as she suddenly thought of something, "Tell you what. Why don't I treat you to dinner tonight?"

"Huh?"

"Yes," she said out loud, more to herself than to anyone else. "Why don't we all have dinner together? Me, you, Chanyeollie and heck, why not the rest of EXO too? Since you declined on having lunch with me, surely we can have dinner together instead?"

"Erm--"

"Then it's settled!" she exclaimed. "I can come and join you all after the interview I have to do."

"Unnie, instead of going out for dinner, why don't you come and have dinner with us at the dorm?" I quickly suggested. I knew that the EXO members would be too tired to go out for dinner.

Yoora looked at me curiously. "Will you be ordering in?"

I shook my head, "No, I'll be making bibimbap tonight."

Yoora's face lit up at the suggestion. "You cook too?" she sounded delighted.

"Er, well. I'm learning to" I replied humbly.

She chuckled, "No worries. Not only are you educated, you're also very homely too. No wonder Chanyeollie fell for you! You're perfect wife material."

I felt heat rise to my cheeks. "Erm. It's not like that honestly..."

But Yoora wasn't listening. "Alrighty then. I'll come to your dorm after the interview. I can't wait to try out your cooking!"

~*~

I stared at the rows of colourful vegetables in front of me and inspected them carefully. "Now, which one did D.O say was the best type to choose...?" I mumbled to myself as I peered at the vegetables.

I was in the supermarket buying ingredients for the bibimbap I was going to cook in the evening. After I had left the bubble tea shop with Yoora, I had told her that I was going straight to the supermarket instead of going back to SMHQ.

Yoora looked at me quizzically. "Are you sure you want to go by yourself? I mean, Chanyeollie must

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter