~ Chapter Twenty-Two ~

"Tell No One"

“I think I got everything” Namjoon spoke while inviting Sang into the house, simply thankful that he was given the chance to see her once again, missing when she used to tackle him and smother him in affection, opposed to this distant look he was receiving.

“Thanks” she whispered, her eyes falling towards the box that sat within the corner of the room, the label on them indicating that it was everything she had left within his house.

“Do you have too?” Namjoon whispered, and he felt like his world was falling apart piece by piece. Packing her stuff was one of the hardest things that he had to do, one of the most painful things he had been through. It was the reality that she was no longer going to be apart of his life, that his future was leaving him and any hopes of keeping her at his side was impossible.

“Yes” and her answer only made it more unbearable, forcing Namjoon to bite back the tears that claimed his eyes, yet he couldn’t blame her in her decision, he would have been leaving too.

“You can call me…” he was desperate to have anything that involved Sang-Oh, anything that gave him a piece of hope within his world of darkness. She was leaving, and he couldn’t even get her to look within his direction, no matter how harshly his tears fell.

“I don’t think that I can” Sang spoke while lifting the box, removing the two pictures of them together that he had managed to sneak inside of them, proving further that today she wasn’t just removing her stuff from his house. She was erasing him completely from her life, and he could only watch in horror.

“We can’t be friends?”

“Look” a lump formed within his throat as she finally glanced within his direction and he wished that she hadn’t for the tears that rolled down her cheeks was like a knife cutting deep into his heart. “I love you Namjoon, I really do. You were my everything, so I don’t understand why you left me…” she was sobbing now, dropping the box and the belongings that held it. “Is it because I wouldn’t sleep with you? Is it because you lost interest? What did I do so wrong?”

She needed closure, and it was obvious by the way she looked away from him and wiped at her eyes, and he hated that she doubted herself. Didn’t she know just how much she means to him? Doesn’t she see his heart is shattering at the thought of never seeing her again, never being able to feel her soft hands on his flesh, never able to breathe in her beautiful scent? Couldn’t she see, that she was his world, and she was destroying him by leaving his side?

“You didn’t do anything wrong, I did” Namjoon admitted, reaching to wipe away at her tears but was stunned when her hand harshly slapped him.

Yet it wasn’t painful, because it was her touch that had graced his skin, it her hands that forced his flesh to sting. ‘Hit me again’ he begged because he knew it was the only way he was going to feel her touch him, the only way he’d be able to feel her. Reaching for her face once again, her hand reached to wrap her fingers along his wrist, and for a second, he could have pretended that she was simply holding his hand, despite the nails that dug into his wrist.

“Namjoon please stop…” she whispered, trying to pry his hands from her face, but he was relentless for the longer he held her, the longer she held him.

‘I love you…’ the thought was silent as he wiped at the tears despite how harshly she tried to pry him away. ‘I need you…’ he pushed himself closer and she took a step back, and he could pretend that they were dancing once again, could almost hear the music playing softly. ‘I’m so sorry love… please… don’t leave me…’ she had backed into the wall, and his lips harshly stealing hers, but reality came with a hard shove in the chest, yet it didn’t stop him, he was desperate to love her. It wasn’t until seeing her tears and look of disgust did he finally compose himself, hating himself for making her cry again.

(Ignore the caption, credit to rightful owner)

“I hate you!!” She screamed in between harsh sobs, her hand wiping away at her lips as though that could erase what had just happened. “I hate you so much Kim Namjoon! Why do you keep hurting me!?”

“I..I don’t mean too” he spoke in fear of any of his words creating more pain on her end, never wishing to be the reason she cries again.

“Well you did, you can’t have your cake and eat it too. Leave me alone, I’m begging you now” Sang spoke while picking up the box once more, this time leaving the house, not bothering to look back at the man who was shattering in secret, who was dying with each new syllable produced.

~*~ Kana’s POV ~*~

“I hate seeing them together” Kana mumbled under her breath noting the two smiling faces that entered the gym, lost in conversation and to those who surrounded them. She remembered at one point in time, it would have been her who would steal his attention in such a way, and the thought made her envious.

“Why, you broke up with him” Jackson responded while running the basketball through the hoop, a large grin taking his lips when hearing the swooshing sound of the net.

“Yeah but it’s wrong, their parents are getting married” Kana responded, her eyes never leaving the duo as though afraid she might miss something.

“It’s not like they walked in on each other’s face. Maybe you’re looking too far into it” Jackson offered, ruffling the younger girls hair as though the affection would deter her attention.

“Perhaps, but I want you to make sure that she doesn’t stand a chance with him” Kana knew she was being low, but the thought of losing Jungkook had somehow made her feel weak, as though losing to someone else. She was always competitive and so her natural fighting spirit always made decisions for her. She knew it was wrong and judging from the face that Jackson was giving her, she could only assume it looked bad on her end.

“You’re so petty” Jackson explained while sighing heavily, and she couldn’t control the smirk that took her lips, knowing that he was going to help her with this plan “what should I do?”

“Whatever you have to do, screw her for all I care, as long as her attention isn’t on what is meant to be mine” Kana rolled her eyes as though the answer was obvious, and she watched as the two separated before finally making her move, heading towards the man she desired and would stop at nothing for him to smile at her once again.

“Jungkook” she spoke the familiar name and wasn’t surprised when his smile suddenly vanished from his lips, but the fact that he didn’t have to look and see who was calling, proved that he remembered her voice, and it was worth more than any in moment emotion had meant.

“What do you want?” He asked coldly, but Kana was expecting that as her smile vanished and her lip pouted just the slightest, as though she wasn’t expecting the cold reaction, as though hurt by it instead.

“I just wanted to say hello” she explained, keeping hidden the fact that she wanted so much more from him, such as a smile when he seen her, or a warm embrace to run into when she was having a horrible day. Yet she knew that would scare him away, and so she would have to win him back slowly, and patiently…

“Hello” Jungkook responded while rolling his eyes and trying to escape her by walking into the boy’s locker room, but Kana was quick to grab his hand, a slight blush taking her cheeks when feeling his skin against hers once more, almost forgetting just how soft his touch was. “Look Kana…”

“Please don’t reject me anymore, I’m so sorry” she was losing her composure, her confidence and dignity had suddenly walked out of the door, and she became the crying mess she was several weeks ago.

“What could you possibly want from me?” Jungkook yelled this time, making her eyes go wide, hating when he became like this, when his anger clouded his judgement and allowed hurtful words to leave his lips, it’s why she left him in the first place. “What could you possibly want that you haven’t already claimed? My attention? You had it, you threw it away. My feelings? You destroyed them… My heart? Oh you broke that too… What could you…”

She couldn’t stand hearing the truth, couldn’t stand knowing that he felt such a harsh way towards her when once upon a time she was the one who helped him achieve his dreams. She hated that she destroyed the person she loved, and she wanted desperately to mend his broken heart, to erase the damage she had caused. So, with a lot of bravery, she pressed forwards and attached her lips towards his own, expecting the violent push to come, but was even more alarmed when he froze and stayed locked into place, his eyes wide and his lips lifeless.

“You’re disgusting” he whispered the moment she pulled away, and perhaps him not reacting was more negative than she had anticipated, for the words that followed them weren’t worth the small bit of happiness she stolen “those mean nothing to me now.”