~ Chapter Twenty-Seven ~

"Tell No One"

“Why weren’t you two at school today?” his father asked, and Jungkook couldn’t entirely explain the situation without getting them into trouble, and so he settled with half of the truth.

“There was an argument at school between Sang and another girl, so we both decided it would be best to leave” Jungkook answered while glancing towards his father, wondering what he had seen and what he didn’t, for they were still kissing when the door shut, not when it opened. He may have possibly been caught… yet the next question put his heart at ease.

“Are you purposely sabotaging Sang-Oh?”

“I was at first” Jungkook admitted “only because I didn’t accept you getting remarried, but we’re past that now. Do you really love Lee?” He felt the need to ask, wondering if his desire would break up another person’s marriage, yet he also knew regardless of the answer, he couldn’t stay away from her.

“She makes me happy Jungkook” his father answered with a heavy sigh “but you know no one will ever replace your mother.”

Jungkook nodded a few times in understanding “what do you do, when you love someone who isn’t right for you?”

“Ah I see, you’re getting hormones, aren’t you? Who’s the lucky girl?”

‘Just your soon to be daughter in law’ Jungkook rolled his eyes with the thought of even trying to explain that to his father. “No one” Jungkook responded, obviously not going to get the answers he needed from his father. “I’m going to my room and studying, I’ll have to make up my work tomorrow” he announced before leaving the dining room and instead heading upstairs, but he stopped to listen into the conversation Sang was having with her mother.

~*~ Sang’s POV ~*~

“Stay away from the Jungkook” Lee spoke while cutting the vegetables, a slight irritable tone within her voice “I’m surprised you didn’t call Namjoon over. Here, I’ll call him.”

“Don’t” Sang spoke to quickly and it caused suspicion to take the woman’s features.

“Why, you nervous I might tell your boyfriend that your face with Jungkook?” Lee spoke harshly, making Sang’s eyes widen just the slightest. “Didn’t think that I saw that?” Lee asked with a raised eyebrow, Sang quick to look away in pure embarrassment. “You’re just lucky Jeon didn’t see it…”

“What does it matter if he did? It’s not like you love him…” Sang dared to speak the words that she kept hidden, considering it wasn’t in her place to speak out on her mother.

“Without him, we would have lost our house Sang. Love isn’t real anymore” Lee spoke harshly, and it made Sang flinch just the slightest from the sudden change in tone, however she wouldn’t back down. “The only down-fall is that I had to expose you to those horrible son’s of his.”

“You’re selfish” Sang whispered which brought cold eyes within her direction “if you had spent any time with his son’s, you would realize they are both amazing and have some really bright futures. Jung-Hyun is incredibly book smart and can probably get any job he wants, and Jungkook… He’s just as smart, and his determination is admirable. Just because he’s going through a rough time, doesn’t mean he’s a horrible person.”

“Yeah, and he’s also the type to kiss a girl who has a boyfriend…”

“I wasn’t finished” Sang interrupted and her voice was so cold, that Lee stopped speaking immediately. “If you had even spent time with me, you’d realize that Namjoon cheated on me… I was so broken, that I thought I was going to die. Jungkook saved me that night, and everyday after. Instead of crying every day, he allows me to smile. I love him…”

“You don’t even know what love is, like I said, it doesn’t exist in the real world. There is money, and there is greed. That’s all there ever was, all that ever will be…”

“Well good luck stopping me from trying…”

“Lee Sang-Oh I swear if you…”

“I’ll tell Jeon the truth about your sudden desire to get married. I’ll tell him that you agreed to move in only because we were being evicted” Lee’s eyes widened this time, obviously not thinking that her perfect daughter would snoop into her business “so again, good luck trying to stop me.”

~*~ Jeon’s POV ~*~

Yet he was already aware to the situation and had only agreed to help because his older brother was close to Lee and had asked him to help her. It was an arranged marriage, one that would be beneficial to them both, considering Lee held many skills in the marketing era. It would also help Sang-Oh graduate from a better high school, allowing her college options to range more in verity. There was only one slight problem in the plan, and though he had thought of it previously, he never would have dreamed that problem would exist in his youngest boy.

“Who’s to decide if it’s right or wrong?” Jeon spoke behind the boy, making him jump and an expression of guilt quickly stealing his features, before confusion settled. “Loving someone, who’s to decide if it’s right or wrong?”

“Society” Jungkook responded instantly, and it only put more proof behind the thoughts that produced through his mind. Jungkook was the one who fell for Sang-Oh, and perhaps he wasn’t as blinded by it as he thought that he was initially. Sang-Oh was a very sweet and honest girl, and she took care of others before taking care of herself. She held a lot of motherly features, and Jungkook yearned for a mother again.

“ em” Jeon spoke with a shrug of his shoulder, making the boys eyes go wide as though cursing was the worse thing that a father could do. “Your happiness is more important to me than anything, you know that right?”

Yet he wouldn’t encourage it, nor would he discourage it, he would simply allow them to figure things out on their own, without any outside influence. If anything, he was happy to see Jungkook out of his room more often and attending school without getting into conflict. It was nice to see his smile again, to see that innocent child come back to life, all thanks to some new inspiration to replace that he lost.

He would postpone the wedding, considering he never wished to marry the woman in the first place, especially when discovering how high demand she truly was. Yet he stuck around only for the sake of the innocent girl who smiled at him with true happiness, who took honest concern about his son’s, and more importantly, revived one with her kind heart. Yet he’d make it a point to have a one-on-one session with her instead of a simple conversation during breakfast or dinner.

“You don’t understand dad… This girl… she just… irks me so much sometimes… and she doesn’t let me win, instead most of the time I lose when arguing with her. She puts me in my place… Isn’t afraid to tell me how it is… but somehow… I love that about her.”

“Welcome to the truth behind being a man, women are always right” Jeon joked while ruffling his youngest hair, creating a sound that he hadn’t heard in almost six months now, and it sounded beautiful ringing through the halls of the house. Jungkook laughed.

“Thanks” Jungkook offered a large smile before heading towards his room, allowing the elders attention to linger back towards the commotion within the kitchen, his eyes widening when seeing Lee’s hand slap across Sang’s cheek in a harsh manner. Yet when he went in to defend her, there wasn’t any need because Sang recovered quickly and instead raised her head just the slightest bit higher.

“Did that make you feel better about yourself?” Sang’s voice rang through the kitchen, and Jeon finally understood what Jungkook had meant when he said, she put him in his place. She was strong just as much as she was kind and Jungkook needed someone like her desperately.

~~~~

“I’m pretty sure my son fell for her daughter…” Jeon spoke at the bar, his eyes falling from his Hyung to the drink sat before him, watching as the older smiled a bright smile.

“Bout time Jung-Hyun actually interacted with the opposite ” the older teased while giving his younger brother a pinch on the cheek, making him feel as though he were a child sitting back in the school cafeteria, gossiping about the hottest couple of the week. Good ole times.

“Jung actually has a girlfriend” Park spoke from across the table bringing both men’s eyes within his direction “I’m pretty sure he’s dating my eldest daughter.”

“It makes sense, Janine is a good friend of Sang’s so it explains what drew them together” Jeon spoke with a proud smile, considering Janine had a high and bright goals for her future. “Little punk didn’t tell me…”

“The older they get, the more secrets they hide” Park spoke with a chuckle, making Jeon nod in agreeance, considering he never even heard of Jung speaking to a girl, let alone dating one.

“So that means Jungkook is dating Sang-Oh!? Absolutely not!” Jeon’s attention was drawn towards his brother once more, a frown quickly replacing the smile he once held. “That boy can’t even keep his grades straight and I actually care for the girl despite her witch mother.”

“That boy is my son” Jeon reminded with a harsh voice “and let’s not forget whose son won the academic award in the ninth grade.”

The bar went silent as the memory came through, Jeon’s brother always feeling salty when remembering when his kid had lost to Jungkook during the competition. Jungkook wasn’t stupid, he just lost to much in his life and had fallen into a downward spiral. No one blamed the kid, but Jeon hated when people judged him to quickly for his actions, and not take the time to understand the reason behind them.

“Sang-Oh has a boyfriend anyways, so his best bet is to move on to another crush.”

Yet Jungkook wasn’t just crushing on the girl, considering he used the word love to describe it, and Jeon was stupid to forget the factor of the boyfriend… Namjoon. He had even made the effort to meet the kid when Sang-Oh invited him over. He was genuinely a good kid, one that obviously cared a lot for the girl, enough to travel so far just to spend his weekend with her… Well at least he used too, he had been missing these last couple of weekends.

“Namjoon cheated on her” Park explained with a dim expression “Janine explained how envious she was that Sang managed to stay so strong during the whole break up process. Jimin even got involved somehow.”

Jeon felt like utter when hearing this from a man who didn’t even belong within the same household, and he also recalled the night she came home a crying mess. Jungkook had been with her, and so Jeon never thought to press for answers, and perhaps he was wrong not to try indulging himself in her life. He promised himself right there and then, that he’d make time for just the two of them to hang out and get to know each other. For all he knew, he may be looking at his future daughter-in-law, but not in the way he expected it to turn out.

“Sorry gentleman, but I have to go” Jeon spoke while standing himself up and placing on his jacket, the others nodding as though in complete understanding of what just went through his head.

“Jungkook’s a good kid, but so is Sang-Oh. Keep an eye on them” his brother gave a word of advice, Jeon nodding before slipping out of the bar and pressing in the number that has never been dialed, regardless of how long the contact lingered within his phone.