~ Chapter Fifteen ~

"Tell No One"

“I can’t keep doing this” Namjoon spoke at the cafeteria table, Tzuyu stopping in mid-sentence as she glanced towards the male, knowing well what he was implying. She wasn’t going to allow things to happen that easily, for she fought too hard to keep up with that perfect Sang-Oh and now that she had her chance, she wasn’t going to allow it to escape. She was the one who liked Namjoon first, she was the one who stood beside him no matter how many years that girl locked him in her poisonous spell.

“We will talk later Namjoon” Tzuyu tried to remain calm but she felt as though her heart was going to shatter, the threat of hearing the words ‘it’s over’ playing hard at her heart.

“We need to end things” Namjoon continued anyways, making several curious eyes linger within her direction, her friends obviously going to be whispering about this for days on end. “Let’s talk privately” he didn’t leave her room to argue as he began to walk away, Tzuyu giving a polite bow before following him.

She knew that this day was going to come despite everything she had given to him, it always seemed that Sang-Oh could promise him more. When she would give him all of her time and energy, Sang would offer him a smile and he’d melt. It wasn’t fair to watch the man you loved for so many years, love another girl who never even looked in his direction before. Why should she be the one to have to suffer at the expense of falling in love, why couldn’t he just notice her when Sang-Oh was around?

“I love her Tzuyu” Namjoon spoke the dreaded words that was enough to shatter her entire world, was enough to break a woman and make her go insane with a mix emotion that could only be described as disgusting. “I can’t lose her, so I have to say goodbye to you. We can’t be friends anymore…”

Is that all they were? Just FRIENDS? Last night seemed to tell differently and the night before, the way he looked at her body as though it were the only thing that mattered. The way he moaned her name as though she were the only girl within his life. Yet Tzuyu knew better than to believe such ridicule lies, but it didn’t make the pain of hearing him say such horrible thoughts any less painful to hear.

“I’ll tell her” she spoke forbidden words and it showed by the way Namjoon’s eyes widened and his mouth perched as though his jaw had been dislocated. She knew she had the upper hand, but when his lips pursed together, and anger took over the shocked expression, she questioned what having the upper hand truly meant.

“I’ll be the one telling her, I wasn’t planning on lying about it” he admitted softly, his hand ruffling through his hair as though the pure thought of telling Sang-Oh made him a nervous wreck opposed to the strong and composed man he normally was. “If she can’t forgive me… Then I’ll spend the rest of my life trying to make up for it. I owe her that.”

Tzuyu couldn’t understand why that girl meant so much to him, when she was the one who was beside him when Sang-Oh left his life. Even miles didn’t seem to separate the two, it only distracted the male for a numbing time, and Tzuyu was merely that. Something to numb away his heartache of another girl, something to throw away when his mind was caught up with his aching heart. What about her heart though? Didn’t it deserve some love in return?

“She’ll never forgive you” or at least that is what Tzuyu wished to believe, for if Sang-Oh was away from the picture, perhaps than she could be loved just as much as her.

Tzuyu felt like filth thinking such rotten things, yet the unwanted thoughts were lodged deep within her brain, as though permanently embedded. It was a reminder once again why Sang-Oh was always the best choice, for the girl didn’t have any flaws. She was beautiful, kind, and her heart was larger than any other, often drawing attention without purpose, rather it was wanted or not. It pissed Tzuyu off.

“That’s her decision, but my decision is to stand beside her” Namjoon spoke harshly before walking away, leaving a very broken girl within his wake.

~*~ Jungkook’s POV ~*~

“What’s up with you?” Jungkook asked upon seeing Jimin within the cafeteria, his knuckles having old wounds upon them and his attention lingering within the crowded area. “Hyung?” Jungkook was desperate for his attention, and soon he gathered strained exhausted eyes “you alright?”

“Yeah, I’m fine…” Jimin answered after a moments silence, bringing forth a smile that didn’t entirely meet his eyes “how was your weekend?”

“Not as bad as your must have been. Is this about the person you’ve been texting?” Jungkook inquired but got a shake of the head as an answer. “Something wrong with Janine?” He asked again, this time bringing forth an annoyed sigh from his older. “Alright, I get it. None of my business” Jungkook spoke while raising his hands as though in surrender, thankful when a boxy smile came into view, but it didn’t last very long.

“Did you hear Kana got transferred to this school?” Taehyung asked, and Jungkook could feel every eye upon him at that moment, but he was even more aware of how dry his throat had become suddenly.

He felt the world was shifting and had stopped spinning, forcing time to stand still and those living along the surface to stand as so. He felt his heart breaking all over, the thought of her blonde long hair within his fingers, her soft pink hued lips against his own, the way her lip gloss left a strange texture on his tongue. He felt… Like he was drowning, and the surface to breathe was far out of his reach, allowing him to die in suffocation.

“Jungkook… You alright?” Taehyung asked, but his ears were def to the world around him, his breathing that was once steady becoming pants of panic and stress.

“Jungkook-Ah?” Another voice pulled his attention, this time it being heard as cold eyes stared towards the person who looked like an Angel but was the Devil that destroyed everything it touched “it’s been forever…” It spoke, and that smile was so disgustingly beautiful, that he couldn’t bring himself away from staring.

“It’s been seven months” Jungkook finally regained his composure despite his knees still feeling weak and his throat still tight and suffocating “but who was counting…”

~*~ Sang’s POV ~*~

“How was the date!?” She nearly screamed when finally having a moment to speak after the lecture, Janine’s cheek turning a rosy red as she nodded, as though it would be a sufficient enough answer. “Girl details” Sang demanded, bringing a soft chuckle from her best friend, listening as the girl went on about how the date was and how perfect Jung-Hyun was.

“To be honest, I had a crush on him for a while…” Janine admitted and Sang understood what she was trying to say, but that was easily forgiven, considering all the good memories they had already within the school year. “How was your date with Jungkook?”

“Date? You mean movies with my brother?” She asked with a raised eyebrow, Janine quick to look away as though she were holding some secret.

“I saw how intimate he was with you…” you mean how threatening he was being because he was angry but Sang knew she couldn’t say such things out loud “it wasn’t in a brotherly fashion. The way he looked at you… stared at you… Did you two…”

“Park Janine!” Sang found herself screaming, her heart racing to quickly to allow her to control the tone of her voice, recalling the memories she tried hard to forget. “That’s gross” Sang whined, but she’d also be lying if she said she didn’t think about how attractive Jungkook truly was when he smiled and goofed around, when she awoken to his lips inches away from her own. It made her heart race in a strange and very forbidden kind of way. Not only was Jungkook her step-brother, but she has a boyfriend who she loves dearly.

“Jungkook is many things, but gross is not one of them” Janine spoke while crossing her arms across her chest, as though ending the discussion and moving onto a new conversation. “On another note, did Jimin talk to you about anything?”

“No, I haven’t seen him since staying at your house” Sang answered honestly “something wrong?”

“He says there is nothing wrong, but he obviously got into a fight with someone, which wouldn’t be weird for a young teenager but Jimin is so passive that it must have been over something he is truly passionate or concerned about and considering he hasn’t talked to me…”

“Janine, calm down” Sang offered the fast-talking female, taking in a deep breath herself to coax the other to follow her steps. “If it was something important, I’m sure he would have come to you. As you said, it’s just a part of being a hormone boy…”

“You’re right… I’m sorry” Janine sighed softly, alarmed when a hug suddenly crushed her frame, causing her to scream, yell and rant, but Sang wouldn’t let go, instead she snuggled closer and clung on harder.

~*~ Jungkook’s POV ~*~

“You don’t seem very happy about seeing me” Kana’s voice tried for his attention, yet he found himself staring at someone else, watching as she hugged the dorky sister of Jimin, proving further that Sang was just a large nut case, and yet a smile took to his lips. “Jungkook” that voice tried again, but he was determined to look anywhere else, not wishing to see the face of betrayal once more. “That your new girlfriend or something?”

He was half minded telling her yes, to explain how they had spent the entire Saturday night together curled up in each other’s arms, how lovingly she stared at him in the morning. In a sense, he wished that he did move on so that he could flaunt it in front the female whom had broken his trust, just as she had flaunted her new boyfriend in front of him. Yet he couldn’t bring himself to stoop so low, and instead his eyes roamed towards the Devil.

“Isn’t she beautiful?” He asked instead, not telling a lie but indicating something, that wasn’t lying, watching as the girls eyes roamed towards the two female’s as though truly prepared to answer his question. “Her name is Sang-Oh… and the dork beside her is Janine.”

Kana nodded a few times as she studied the two girls, her eyes soon falling back towards Jungkook, a sad smile taking her lips. “Isn’t it time you forgive me?” She whispered softly, Jungkook looking away immediately for that same question lingered around his head for several agonizing months. “I really miss you Jungkook” she whispered softly, and if he wasn’t so cold, she could have melted him.

“I wasn’t the one who left” Jungkook spoke with a husky voice before standing himself up and walking towards the duo, hoping that he wouldn’t be rejected from hanging out with them.