~ Chapter Three ~

"Tell No One"

“This is my room” Jungkook spoke through gritted teeth upon the female walking into the living room, her eyes slowly falling from the television towards himself, his eyes glaring daggers at the interruption, alarmed when she suddenly took a seat beside him, digging her hand into the popcorn he just made himself. “Did you not here me? I get this room from 4 until 5” he spoke once more, even more alarmed when she slumped into the couch, stretching her legs to occupy more of the cushioned seat.

He didn’t honestly have anything against the older girl, in fact he barely knew her to judge, however he simply couldn’t stand the thought of having to change his life around. There had only been just the three of them, his father, older brother and himself, and though it was a small family, he was extremely content with it. He found himself hating the thought of another woman in his father’s life, considering that meant that life was moving on, and his mother was truly gone from this world.

“Yah!” He yelled when she didn’t seem to budge, her eyes falling directly towards him, finally granting him the attention he was yearning for. “ARE YOU DEF!?” He yelled extremely loud this time, alarmed when her hand reached for the popcorn once again, this time his reflexes being quick enough to guard the bowl.

“Awe, Kookie is sooo cute” she cooed, his eyes widening at the sudden change in demeanor from her, unsure how to handle such strange behavior.

“Yah!” He yelled instead, hoping it would be enough to keep her intimidated “seriously, leave” he whined, her head shaking as she instead inched closer, deflating the distance completely between them so much that their shoulders were touching.

“Be good to your Noona” she pouted, and he had enough of this, throwing the bowl at her and purposely allowing the containments to spill all over her and the surrounding area, standing himself up and stomping out of the room, clearly not going to be left alone by the annoying female.

He hated that his life was changing once again, it was hard enough when his mother had passed away to learn to live a different life. Why should he be put through the suffering again? Why should he have to give up his television time and invite her into his life? Why should he have to go out of his way to make her feel welcomed into the family, when he himself didn’t agree to invite her or her mother into his small family.

“Be nice to her.” Jung-Hyun spoke from the kitchen when noting Jungkook darting out of the room, his eyes glancing up from the pan in which he was making food within “she didn’t ask to be here either, you can understand what she’s going through.”

“She’s making it impossible to feel sorry for her, she acts like she owns everything” Jungkook sighed, anger quickly coursing through him at his elder’s words.

“No Jungkook, you do.”

~*~ Janine’s POV ~*~

“People seem really antsy to be your friend” Janine spoke softly, noting how many females had come up towards Sang and introduced themselves, yet they were selfish in their reasons and yet Janine couldn’t judge, for she herself had her own reasons for approaching the new female, despite how innocent she may have appeared.

“No, they seem really antsy to meet Jung-Hyun” the girl sighed, showing just how tired she was with keeping up with her new brother’s popularity, and it made Janine wonder if she would be hated if Sang ever found out that she was interested in the exact same thing. “Are all girls like this?”

Clearly, she didn’t mean the words, yet something about them had stung at the girls’ heart as she shook her head and looked away, hoping to change the subject at hand. “Were you popular at your old school?” She asked instead, bringing bored eyes within her direction, thankful that she didn’t seem to be suspicious.

“Decently, but I didn’t have many friends, just a small handful” Sang admitted with a soft smile, showing that her small group was enough to keep her content, proving further that Sang was different than most girls in their teenage years. “However, my boyfriend was always my closest friend. I’ve known him for years” she could see the genuine happiness that took the other’s face when speaking of her lover, and selfishly, she felt slightly relieved that the beautiful girl had a boyfriend.

“What’s his name?” Janine asked, trying to keep the attention away from herself, guilt slowly chewing her up, the same guilt she had left school with yesterday.

“Kim Namjoon” Sang spoke with such affection in her voice, that it was obvious the duo was in love, or at least Sang was in love with him and clearly wasn’t interested in anything other.

Janine didn’t believe that Jung-Hyun would become attracted to his step sister, however the possibility had come to mind upon meeting the girl. She was different from the usual crowd and Jung-Hyun always seemed to be interested in things that stood out. Though Janine obviously had no way of knowing the girls’ personal choice of appearance, or anything truly about her personality, she could tell immediately that she indeed stood out, so much she even offered to be friends with someone like herself.

Janine was clumsy and not entirely popular around the school, always hiding within the shadows of her extremely popular brother. She would often get picked on for being a top student and her desire to help a teacher, deeming her a teacher’s pet. Many students detested her for such reasons, however she was thankful for her younger brother, for then students would leave her alone opposed to picking on her, allowing her to get through school unharmed, simply insulted behind closed doors.

“Does it hurt being away?” She asked a sincere question, wishing she hadn’t when Sang’s smile vanished from her lips and was instead replaced with a saddened expression.

“I miss him” she spoke softly, ending the conversation for then the professor would walk in and demand silence from the class, Janine being one of the first to obey the command, thankful the conversation was over, even more guilt playing at her heart.

‘I’m a horrible person…’ she silently thought, her eyes slowly casting towards the male she silently stared at for years, in the same seat he had been the entire school year, with the same expression of boredom as he stared towards the board. ‘But you haven’t noticed me… I want you to notice me…’

~*~ Sang’s POV ~*~

“Can I watch television with you?” She whispered towards the younger, alarmed when his eyes weren’t full of hatred when they glanced at her, but instead pure surprise as a nod took his head, scooting himself away from the middle of the couch, clearly expecting her interruption this time. “Thank you” she whispered, sitting herself on the opposite end and allowing her attention to fall towards the screen, alarmed when seeing family guy, it being one of her favorite shows, a soft smile taking her lips as she got into the show.

“Stewie is too funny” she spoke when a punchline was rolled in, unaware of the widen eyes that suddenly fell from the screen and right towards her.

“You like family guy?” Jungkook whispered, her eyes meeting his own for moment, a nod taking her head before gathering back towards the television, thankful to have something in common with the younger brother who seemed to hate her without reason or purpose. “I didn’t expect that…” he mumbled this time, his own eyes falling back towards the show.

“I like a lot of things” she admitted “including when you made popcorn last time. What am I supposed to eat now?” She pouted playfully, a scoff leaving the boy’s lips as his eyes narrowed on her, clearly not finding amusement in her words. “Maybe tonight, we can ride bikes and go get ice cream? I don’t have homework…”

“I’m not a kid” Jungkook was quick with an answer, however soon a soft half-hearted smile would take his lips at the offer “but it’s your treat, right? You’ll buy the ice cream?”

“Rock Paper Scissors?” She asked softly.

“You’re going down” he turned to face her, allowing his fist to be visible “Hana” he spoke softly, his eyes staying locked upon her own, a confident smirk taking his lips “dul” he continued, noting she didn’t look away from his intense gaze but instead kept up with it. “set!”

Both eyes diverted towards the hands that faced each other, Sang’s heart dropping when noting he held out paper oppose to her rock, earning himself a victory and the confident smirk grew that much more. “You cheater” she joked with a nod yet accepted the results as she dug into her pockets, pulling out a few paper bills.

“Hate the game, not the player” Jungkook joked and it was the first time he sent a sincere smile within her direction, his attention falling once more towards the television, allowing Sang to believe that somehow, they had gotten closer this evening than they had her entire stay here thus far.