~ Chapter Thirty-Six ~

"Tell No One"

Sang stayed silent as she walked towards the class, knowing well that soon she would turn around and be watching his image fade from her life. He had promised to fight for her, promised to stay beside her, and yet he was running away, was allowing their love to go. For what? What was happiness if you couldn’t be beside someone who you loved and cherished? That kind of thing didn’t have a price tag, no amount of money could ever fill the loneliness of the heart.

“Hey” Jungkook whispered right before she was to enter the classroom, and her heart wished that he was going to change his mind, that he was going to stay beside her and fight “I love you Sang-Oh” he whispered instead, and though she felt hurt before, now she felt completed defeated.

“You promised” she spoke instead, not bothering to hide the tears that were slowly guiding from her eyes and dripping towards her jaw “you promised you would fight…”

“Sang…” Jungkook tried, his body becoming tense suddenly which proved further that he had planned to leave, that he was going to run away and didn’t think that she knew anything about it.

“I would have found another way, I would have continued to fight…” she was devastated, and she didn’t care about the people who were beginning to crowd around them, nor did she care about the whispers and words that were beginning to stir. “I love you damn it, why would you run away!?” She yelled at him this time and his eyes widened at the sudden outburst.

“I’m not running away, I’m doing this for you!” Jungkook yelled back and it was enough to make Sang flinch slightly at the sudden change, yet her mind and heart was to defeated to wish to listen and fight for logic. “I’m doing this so that you don’t have to leave, I’m leaving so you can stay!”

“What good is staying when the person who was supposed to stay beside you is leaving?” She countered, and she could tell that he was getting angrier, his lips thinning and his jaw tightening. “You’re just running away so that you don’t have to fight. You’re selfish! You weren’t even going to tell me!?”

“You know what!?” His voice was thunderous, and it echoed through the halls, bringing Sang back to her senses as her eyes widened, noticing the large crowd that was surrounding them, her hand reaching to grab for his trembling hands but was alarmed when he suddenly slapped them away, causing her to flinch back from the sudden sting.

“Jungkook please…”

“ you” he spat, and it caused several people to gasp at the sudden harsh words “I shouldn’t have even wasted my time with you. You’re ungrateful, just like your mother. Probably only slept with me because you wanted my families money…”

“You know that’s not true…” Sang whispered, her tears silent but that didn’t make them any less real “please stop…”

“It makes sense huh? The younger the better. Are all of you woman ed up and selfish!?” He was harsh when asking the question, taking a step closer as though to tower over her in height, but his eyes widened when seeing the state of Sang, noticing that her bottom lip was trembling and that her legs were wobbling. “Sang…”

It was to late, he already caused the damage and before he could reach his hand up to grab her, she was already running down the halls, leaving him frozen in place. ‘She slept with him?’ ‘I bet he paid her… I wonder how much…’ ‘Guess it makes sense, I heard her mother was marrying his father for money…’ He made a HUGE mistake… and it was proven further with each new rumor he heard fluttering the halls and how much worse they became… How indecent people were making the situation.

It didn’t surprise him when we went home, and she wasn’t there, nor did it surprise him when he found her phone off and his calls going straight to voicemail. He didn’t worry when it was getting dark outside, but he was beginning to panic when it was getting late and she still wasn’t home, watching as her mother continued to call a turned off phone. It was obvious nobody knew where she was at, and so with a lot of hesitation, he called the one number he figured would know.

“Jungkook? What’s up?” Namjoon sounded tired as though just waking up from sleep, and Jungkook prayed that she was there, that she was with someone who would protect her.

“Have you seen Sang-Oh?” Funny how the roles were reversed…

“I haven’t spoken to her all day, everything okay?” Namjoon answered and he could hear the sudden concern, which meant that she really wasn’t there, and his heart grew heavier.

“Yeah” he lied before hanging up, dialing in the next number where he assumed she would be, not surprised when Jimin answered the phone right away, obviously still awake and probably playing video games. Yet his answer was even worse, and Jungkook was even scolded for the rumors that suddenly surrounded school. It was obvious, she wasn’t there.

He stayed up the entire night, yet was forced to go to school, and was thankful he did when seeing her sitting outside of the school gates. A weight lifted from his shoulders, a smile taking his lips since who knows how long but was demolished when seeing a blonde male at her side, cradling her in his arms. He stopped instantly, knowing he had no right to be jealous, and it didn’t help when the male glanced within his direction, giving him the most hate-filled look, and if looks could kill, he’d have been shot on the spot.

“Sang…” He whispered, and it was enough to bring her head from the male’s chest and instead allowing her blood shot eyes to rest upon, and he felt unworthy of the smile that took her lips, felt undeserving of any kindness that she offered him anymore.

He was a monster, a monster who hurt people. He hurt the woman he loved, and she smiled because she was that amazing…. He didn’t deserve her. He knew that.

“I... I didn’t mean… This shouldn’t have… Sang… I’m horrible…”

“I’m moving tomorrow” she spoke instead and all of his stuttering words came to a complete stop, his eyes growing the size of saucers and his heart shattering all the same. “I have things I need to take care of, things that will help my future progress” she smiled and he wished that she would have cried more and hit him, that she would have been indecent to him, anything but this kindness.

“You can’t leave…” He whispered what little strength he had left “let me leave…”

“No, I don’t wish to be a burden to you any more, and I honestly can’t stand seeing your face. It hurts to much. I’d rather leave” she spoke it in such a nice tune, in such a beautiful way, that Jungkook could have been fooled that he had just been insulted…? “Besides, when I leave, ungrateful woman like me and my mother won’t be involved in your life anymore… You won’t have to pay me for loving you…”

Okay, so she heard the rumors, but she didn’t honestly believe them, did she?

“Sang-Oh…” he felt his life slipping from his fingertips, every step he managed to take forwards being erased and demolished, every once of strength leaving his body…

“I’m sorry Jungkook, I’ll be gone by school’s end” she sounded so brutal…. So …. Cruel? So judging… This was not the same woman he fell in love with.

“Please don’t leave…” He’d beg, Jeon Jungkook, the most popular boy in his class would get on his hands and knees and beg her to stay beside him. Jeon Jungkook, the monster in which became a prince, would obey her every command, would oblige to anything if only to feel her kiss one more time. “I love you damn it…”

“You’re mistake” she slayed him with those words, but his biggest heart break? Was the moment she turned herself around and left the school, leaving him alone with the rumors that he himself had become responsible for.

Way to go Jungkook…