~ Chapter Twenty-Eight ~

"Tell No One"

(( Man this story is getting long, but don't get used to the fluff and cute stuff. Jeon may approve, but Lee will stop at nothing to get what she wants, and she'll even cross her own daughter to ensure her bank account stays maxed. ))

 

“This is really nice” Sang spoke out while glancing into the large aquarium, a large grin taking her lips when the shark stopped before her and stared back, as though observing her just as much as she were observing it. “Thank you” she whispered softly, and she wasn’t sure who she was thanking at that moment, but it was always the little things that kept her together.

“You don’t need to thank me” Jeon was quick to answer with a soft smile of his own “I was really looking forward to getting to know you better, so thank you for allowing me the chance.”

They were silent as they walked the large dark halls, Sang stopping at various displays and appreciated the beauty that lurked inside of the glass. It wasn’t until they were both settled with their chicken tenders and coke’s did Jeon glance towards the younger girl in pure bewilderment. She must have taken from her father, for she was nothing like the woman that Lee was, and Jeon could only wonder how much she had missed her father during the time he was away.

“I’m sorry to hear about Namjoon” Jeon spoke the words despite how awkward the conversation may have been, but was alarmed when her smile didn’t falter and she instead shrugged her shoulders as though it didn’t bother her. “You don’t have to be strong for me Sang, I took you in with hopes of caring for you and providing. You can lean on me when you need too. Don’t act strong for me.”

“It’s not that I am not upset, because I am… However, I realized that night that I have more than just one thing to be grateful for and being upset isn’t going to change the outcome of what had happened. I can either sulk on it, or I can move on and become a better person for it. It’s just how life works, and it’s to short to spend it worrying about trivial matters.”

Jeon froze in place when hearing her explanation, and he could truly see the easiness within her eyes as she spoke them, showing that she truly meant the words. She wasn’t the type to dwell on the past, which also explained why she was so welcoming towards Jungkook despite his odd behaviors. It made Jeon feel even more comfortable that his son wasn’t following in his father’s footsteps, that he wouldn’t be hurt by another female in his life.

“Do you like Jungkook?” He asked without much thought, alarmed when the girl began to choke on the coke that once occupied , and Jeon felt horrible for bringing up the subject so carelessly. “I’m sorry Sang-Oh, I didn’t mean too…” He reached over to pat her back, thankful when the girl began to recover from the drink.

“He’s a good person” she responded after several moments of catching her breath, a soft smile once again taking her lips, not understanding what it was that Jeon was trying to ask.

“Do you like him romantically?” Jeon pushed further this time, making her smile vanish instantly and a look of guilt to line her features.

“I’m sorry” she bowed and he felt even worse, for this wasn’t the direction he wanted this conversation to go towards “I’m really sorry, I’ll stay away from him… I’ll…”

“No don’t stay away from him” Jeon was quick to answer, knowing that he’d lose his son once again if Sang vanished from his life, and he enjoyed the sound of the boy’s laughter. “I’m thankful that you care about him, and that you welcomed him into your life. He’s tough to handle sometimes, but he really does care about you.”

“I know” Sang spoke after a moment of silence “I care about him too, but sometimes loving someone just isn’t enough to make thing right. Sometimes, love can be very wrong.”

“There is nothing wrong with being with someone you love, it’s wrong when you’re marrying someone you don’t” Jeon offered his truth and Sang nodded in understanding, her attention falling towards her fries once more, obviously thinking over what was just said, and thankful that she didn’t have to fight both parents in her quest of discovering her future.

~*~ Kana’s POV ~*~

“Do you think they are official now?” Kana asked towards Jackson who only shook his head, a look of pure disgust taking his features, and Kana agreed with the look. Yet she was stunned when his eyes moved towards her and his expression didn’t change, proving that his disgust was towards her and not towards the possible new couple.

“He doesn’t want you Kana, you have to let go of him” Jackson spoke harshly and Kana didn’t like the answer one bit as she looked away and instead settled her attention back towards the television. “He’s in love with someone else now. You can’t blame him forever, you were wrong too.”

“I’m trying to make it better!” Kana yelled in pure anger at herself and her older brother, understanding already that she was wrong for leaving him, that she should have been more understanding and supported him better.

“You’re destroying his life all over!” Jackson yelled this time, and it caused the female’s eyes to grow large and her body to flinch at the sudden outburst. “Why don’t you just let him be happy with the girl he loves?”

“He loves me too” Kana spat back, and boy did she plan to prove her point tomorrow at school, she’ll make sure to keep her man at her side only, it didn’t matter what she had to do. She’d do it without question. She wouldn’t be bested by another female, no one else could have him.

~*~ Jungkook’s POV ~*~

School was always boring, and Jungkook’s attention kept hovering outside of the classroom window, his mind on something that wasn’t entirely appropriate to think about. Yet he couldn’t help himself, Sang’s fingers burned a fire into his skin that he couldn’t entirely erase, nor did he want too. Every where that she had touched him still ached and yearned for more, but like all good things, it ended to soon. Her warmth vanished from his lips and left him cold and wanting more.

“Earth to Jungkook” a voice pulled him from his thoughts, his eyes averting only to fall on a boxy smile, his hair being ruffled as though he were a child being cute or something. “What were you thinking about??” Taehyung questioned, Jungkook’s cheeks burning as he looked away and muttered.

“Nothing”

“Sure, doesn’t look that way” his smile grew devious and Jungkook’s eyes followed his eyes, his cheeks putting a tomato in shame of it’s color when realizing his problem, his legs crossing immediately and his back leaning against the seat, trying to keep his composure.

“Shut up” Jungkook mumbled in annoyance, clearly his imagination had gotten a little too out of hand, and now he wasn’t just behind in a lecture. “Do you need something?” Jungkook was desperate to get out of this awkward situation, and judging from the mischievous grin on Taehyung’s lips, the boy wasn’t going to let things go.

“No, but you obviously do” Taehyung giggled before heading towards the classroom door, and much to Jungkook’s relief, the boy vanished into the halls, no doubt going to find Jimin to tell him about his discoveries.

“Aren’t you going to lunch?” A familiar voice made him jump slightly, his eyes glancing towards Kana who seemed to be have an upset expression, clearly catching wind of the conversation beforehand, yet somehow, Jungkook didn’t mind that Kana had heard, if anything, he was thankful she witnessed it.

“Eventually” Jungkook answered with a shrug of his shoulders, Kana nodding in understanding, waiting patiently for the female to leave yet she didn’t budge. “Kana…” Jungkook spoke softly “don’t wait for me. It’s useless” Jungkook expressed while standing up and securing his bag along his back, and for once, guilt didn’t eat him alive for hurting her. In fact, it felt good when the truth was being told opposed to a scared lie.

The highlight of his day was when Sang motioned for him to come towards her table which was occupied by Janine and Jung-Hyun, but his excitement was quickly worn out when seeing Jackson beside her. It wasn’t as though he hated the man, but he certainly didn’t like the fact that Sang-Oh accepted his company and even sat beside him. Taking his seat on the other side, he stayed silent for several moments, but the eyes that stared at him didn’t go by unnoticed.

“Don’t be jealous” she whispered softly, for only his ears to hear, yet it didn’t put any comfort in his heart. Yet when her hand slipped into his own and her fingers entangled themselves within his hold, he couldn’t help but to smile, his fingers quick to react and secure her hold. “Only you” she reminded softly, and he nodded in understanding of those words, and just like that… He wasn’t paranoid anymore. Even though nobody could see their affection, it didn’t need to be viewed by other’s. It was enough knowing she wanted to hold him in the first place.