~ Chapter Two ~

"Tell No One"

“I’m Jeon Jung-Hyun” the boy bowed politely, Sang quick to return the gesture, a fake smile lining her lips. The boy certainly looked like a younger version of his father, his raven mocked hair having natural volume and his smile being so bright that anyone would wish to smile back at him. He was extremely tall, if she had to guess, it would be around the height of 180cm, give or take a few. Beside him, stood a boy who was slightly shorter, his mouth curved into a devious grin opposed to the smile the other boy held.

“I’m Jungkook” he spoke through pursed lips, earning himself a slap to the back of his head from the older boy. “Hyung!?” Jungkook cried out, clearly unamused by the action.

“She’s older than you, mind your manners” Jung-Hyun expressed, sending an apologetic look towards the shocked female who eyed the younger as though he were prey and she the predator. Obviously, she didn’t appreciate the lack of respect from the younger.

“I’m Jeon Jungkook” the younger boy mumbled, yet her eyes stayed locked on him, noting several things at first glance.

True he was the youngest out of the duo, yet he looked as though he were the older compared to his older brother. His jawline was tighter, his shoulders were broader, and he clearly didn’t have any interest in hiding the disappointment that Sang was feeling. His hair matched the ebony hue, and his eyes identical to the hazel ones that claimed his family, yet his eyes were cold, judgmental even as they stared at her, his lips thinning impossibly further.

“Annyeong” She spoke softly, bowing towards the male despite his efforts of bowing first. “My name is Lee Sang-Oh” she expressed, her attention falling back towards the oldest boy, knowing that he would be the one she would rely on the most to make it through the end of her high school days, his smile bringing out a soft smile of her own.

“Don’t touch my things” Jungkook spoke dimly, her attention falling towards him once more, a sigh lingering from her lips.

“I have no interest in your items, nor in your mannerism. If you have nothing nice to say, you will remain silent” she spoke harshly, not being the type to keep her opinions to herself, both eyes widening when hearing laughter from the other side, forcing both pairs of eyes on the older boy who seemed to be finding the whole situation hilarious.

“Whatever” Jungkook mumbled from his breath, his eyes rolling as he turned to walk away, clearly finished with getting scolded by his ‘sister’.

~*~ Jung-Hyun’s POV ~*~

In a sense, he felt bad for his little brother being scolded so heavily upon first interactions, but at the same time, he knew Jungkook needed it. The younger boy was spoiled beyond doubt, used to always having his way around the house despite being the youngest occupant. It was because he was the youngest did he get away with so much, often being babied and pampered, so much to the point where he had become arrogant and forgetful that he’s not the only person on this Earth.

“Was I too harsh?” Sang spoke softly, clearly worried that her first impression wasn’t entirely a good one and that their relationship would be difficult from here on, Hyun shaking his head quickly to answer her, allowing his laughter to die down.

“No, not at all, he kind of needs reminders” he expressed with an honest thought, his eyes falling towards her once more, but this time to pick up the true details of her personal.

She wasn’t dressed to impress, her skinny black jeans being ripped and torn to give it a ragged look, her tighter T-shirt fitting comfortably at her waist. A lot of black consisted within her attire, his eyes noting the nail polish that claimed her nails, to the black shoes that covered her feet. If not knowing that this was going to be his new ‘sister’ Jung-Hyun would have found himself attracted, and would have tried during any other circumstance, a heat suddenly flooding his cheeks at the thought, his head shaking to clear away such horrible thoughts.

 

(( Just an overall glance at Sang-Oh's appearance choice. Rocker/Punkish type! ))

“So uhm, how do you like the house?” Jung-Hyun asked, trying to pry their attention towards anything that didn’t involve his sudden inappropriate thoughts, and it seemed to work as her smile grew slightly and she nodded, clearly approving of it.

~*~ Sang’s POV ~*~

School was difficult, between switching to different lessons and trying to follow along, to getting a lot of unwanted attention from either the prep guys who chased her, or the prep girls who hated her. It was obvious that Jung-Hyun was well liked at the school, for she witnessed several attempts of female’s throwing themselves at the male, and either he was oblivious, or he simply wasn’t interested, for he paid their shameless flirting no mind. In a sense, she felt kind of sorry for him for it seemed he simply wanted to be left alone.

‘Did you hear the new girl is his sister?’

‘If we become friends with her, she could invite us over.’

‘She’s so lucky, I would love to sleep in the same house.’

“Don’t listen to them” a voice pulled her attention from the whispering circle, her eyes falling upon a female whom looked extremely nerdy and shy yet held a certain kind of beauty that one couldn’t entirely describe.

Her hair was done neatly in pig-tail braids, ending loosely towards the bottom to allow a fan to come out, her make-up barely done showing her lack of interest in applying it. Her school uniform was neatly tucked, showing immense pride in her school and herself, unlike some of the others who lingered through the school. Noting she was staring, a soft blush would take her cheeks as she suddenly bowed, a genuine smile finding her lips.

“I’m Lee Sang-Ho” she introduced, thankful when the smile was returned.

“I’m Park Janine” she spoke softly, exchanging the bow “it’s not easy having a popular brother, but they leave you alone because you are their sister” she expressed, clearly being picked on before in her past. “My brother is Jimin so trust me, I understand.”

“Jimin?” Sang questioned, clearly never hearing of the name before.

“Mhmm, you’ll learn all the names in time” Janine spoke with a bright smile, showing that a friendship was beginning to bloom and Sang couldn’t feel anymore grateful, knowing at least one person stood in her corner against these crazy fan girls.

~*~*~*~

“Did you make any friends?” Jung-Hyun spoke during the walk home from school, Sang nodding a few times considering she met several new people, but she would have only claimed one to be a friend thus far. “Well, who? I’m curious” he continued prodding, and she couldn’t tell if it was for concern, or pure interest in the gossip.

“Park Janine” she spoke the only name she considered to be her friend within the school, the others being much to fake for her taste, obviously only wishing to have more information on the brothers in which she knew nothing about yet “do you know her?”

“Mhm, she’s the older sister of Jungkook’s friend I believe” he spoke softly, pulling on his straps as though trying to keep his hands busy on something while walking “she’s a sweet girl, gets good grades and helps a lot around the school. She’s a good friend to have.”

Sang would be lying if she said that his words didn’t surprise her, considering there was nothing flattering nor special about the dorky looking girl, yet only compliments left his lips. In a sense, it showed more about his character than anything else he could do or say, considering he didn’t seem to fall into the same pattern as everyone else. It had brought a sincere smile towards her lips as she glanced towards him, enjoying this new brother of hers.

~*~ Jung-Hyun’s POV ~*~

“Park Janine” that name took him with surprise, never taking Sang-Oh to be the type who didn’t care about the social world, hearing from her mother that Sang was extremely popular in school. Perhaps it didn’t matter about how many friends she had, but instead the quality of the friends she held, proven further today by the answer she supplied. It was as though they shared the same values and outlooks on this life, knowing that fake people were only snakes that were waiting to bite them when giving a chance.

“Did you meet any guys?” Jung-Hyun didn’t understand the sudden jealously that took him, and he’d have to make it a point to get it away from his mind, knowing that this girl was family now and should be viewed as a sister, not a love interest.

“I have a boyfriend” she was quick with the answer, proving this male must have meant a great deal to her “I’m not interested in anyone else” she expressed and the bright smile that took her lips was probably the first real one that he had witnessed. Who ever this boyfriend was, he was one lucky man.

“Do you have a girlfriend?” She asked suddenly, a pink hue taking his cheeks as he shook his head “that’s surprising, a lot of girls seem to like you…”

“I don’t like a lot of them” he admitted with a shrug “I don’t like when people tell me what I want to hear simply because I want to hear it. I learned from Jungkook that it does nothing but destroys an innocent person. I want someone who says what I want to hear, because they honestly believe in the moral of what they are speaking, and truly interested in what they speak about.”

“Wow, deep dude” he didn’t realize just how much he spoke until her words hit him, forcing a soft chuckle to leave his lips, finding the whole conversation to be awkward yet surprisingly easy to express. “I respect that” she spoke softly, her eyes blinking a few times as she looked around the scene “did we make the wrong turn, I don’t remember this…”

“No, we are…” he stopped speaking, she was right, they had missed their turn a while back, Jung-Hyun being so lost in thought that he hadn’t realized that he was mindlessly walking, opposed to showing her the way home. “We’re going the right way kind of” he admitted with a sheepish grin, alarmed when her laughter suddenly filled the street, unphased by the simple mistake, and even finding humor behind it. “Yeah, yeah so funny” he teased back, rolling his eyes at her, but not failing to mention the heat that took his entire being.

‘Get it together Jeon Jung-Hyun. What is wrong with you!?’