~ Chapter Thirty-Two ~

"Tell No One"

‘I’m with someone else now…’ the world spiraled downwards and crashed his heart at the bottom, and he hadn’t the nerve to fight her, she deserved to be happy with someone who wouldn’t hurt her the way that he did. ‘I love him’ she explained and though it broke his heart to know that he would no longer be the reason she smiled such a beautiful smile, he was still thoroughly happy that she loved whoever this person was. Yet he didn’t have a chance to ask for soon she was shoving him out the door and smiling as though everything was going to be okay. ‘Don’t be a stranger, let’s keep in touch Kim Namjoon’ she spoke, and she kept true to her word for she texted him that night to make sure he got home safely.

It was as though nothing had changed between them, aside from three words that were left out of the conversation, and for the first time in a long while, Namjoon felt as though things would be alright. He only owed one more person a sincere apology, but more than that, he owed her a date and a chance to make things right. Walking through the long hall ways of school, he would stop only when seeing the popular female smiling and laughing with her friends, her eyes widening when they finally landed on the male beside her.

“Excuse us” Tzuyu spoke towards her friends before pulling the male by his wrist towards a less crowded hall, her eyes accusingly staring at him as though he were the filth that he became when treating her so harshly. “This better be good Namjoon” she gritted out, crossing her arms across her chest as though protecting her heart from the pain he brought.

“Let’s go watch a movie” he offered with a nervous smile, her eyes widening proving that she hadn’t expected such a response.

“A… Movie?” Tzuyu spoke with a raised eyebrow, not believing his sincerity for a second time, considering the first time was all false hope and emotion.

“Yeah, a movie” Namjoon expressed “as a date, a real one…”

“What about Sang-Oh, did you give up already? Am I rebound to you or something?” Tzuyu argued and Namjoon could only look away with shame for his previous actions, and he deserved her sarcastic responses, he had hurt her too. “I’ll give you another chance” she spoke with a soft sigh “but don’t you dare play with my emotions again. It will be your LAST chance…”

He couldn’t help the smile that took his lips at her acceptance, and for the first time in a long time, he could feel happiness. He understood what it meant to not be numb once again, and it was all thanks to someone unexpected. He promised he would treat her better, to give her the attention she deserved, and to prove that she was more to him than just a rebound. He wouldn’t mess up again in life, this time, he would be the reason that someone was truly happy, not crying.

~*~ 3rd POV ~*~

“What do you mean Sang is pregnant?” Jeon spoke through the phone, knowing well that the two never done anything before, considering Jungkook went to him earlier that day to express the strange desire. “That’s impossible…”

“They both claimed it to be true” Lee growled, hated that she was being doubted by the man who was supposed to take her hand in marriage.

“What did you do to them?” Jeon asked instead and Lee couldn’t help but to grind her teeth together, not believing that he automatically took the children’s side opposed to her own. “Jungkook doesn’t lie unless it’s to himself, so you must have done something to revoke those words from them.”

“Maybe my daughter is corrupting him? Pressuring him into ?” Lee pondered the possibility but even she knew that Sang wasn’t the type to pressure anyone into something they don’t wish to do.

“Didn’t you just claim the other day that my son was behind her corruption?” Jeon spoke with a soft chuckle, loving the irony of the situation “well if she’s pregnant, we have to call off our wedding.”

“She’s not pregnant” Lee spoke quickly, for she planned on getting rid of the problem and for once was thankful that Sang wasn’t aged enough to be a legal adult. She wouldn’t have a choice in the matter and would be forced to go to the doctor’s.

“You sounded pretty convinced that she was just moment’s ago” Jeon spoke into the phone with a husky voice, obviously annoyed at the back and forth that was happening between them. “If my son loves your daughter, and she loves him back. Isn’t that enough? Isn’t that what we hope for our children?”

Jeon wasn’t entirely sure how to explain his mix emotions about the situation, but he was simply happy to have his loving son back into his life. Jungkook had opened up to him for the first time in months, his grades were suddenly improving, and he spent his time actually hanging outside of the house. It was an amazing difference, and Jeon could only guess that Sang-Oh had brought the sudden turnaround in the boy and allowed him to feel warmth once again. She didn’t judge him, and because of that, he became someone to be proud of once again.

“Let them be happy, we can’t stop them anyways” Jeon expressed his concluding thoughts, never dreaming that the woman on the other line didn’t care about her daughter’s happiness, and would sacrifice it selfishly without a second thought, so long as she continued her expensive lifestyle.

“I can’t believe you’re okay with it” Lee spoke with a disbelieving voice before hanging up the phone, causing the business man to stare at his phone blankly.

He wasn’t okay with them being together so much, he wasn’t okay that they had such free range to be alone in the same house, but what was the worse that could happen? Sang-Oh was a responsible girl and it proved in her grades and achievements, where Jungkook may have fallen a little from his bright path, he still held respect and honored his smarts by staying in school and doing his best. Jung-Hyun was beside them as well, and he too noted the difference in his little brother’s behavior, praising the boy much more than scolding him.

“She’s not going to give up” his Hyung spoke from his side, Jeon nodding in agreement, considering he was aware of her ex-husband’s flight to come get Sang-Oh “you’re going to have to choose a side to be on, and prepare yourself for battle. Do you go against the stranger who uses you, or your son who loves you?”

“You seem like you’re on the kid’s side?” Jeon raised an eyebrow towards his older brother, alarmed when the male began to laugh uncontrollably.

“I only asked you to help that witch because of her daughter. Of course, I am on Sang-Oh’s side” Hyung expressed casually, Jeon nodding in agreement, considering he already knew where he stood and who he would support.

“Guess we’re going to have to start fighting then. How long until Sang-Oh is eighteen?”

“Three months or so… She turns eighteen right before graduation” Hyung concluded, Jeon nodding once again before typing up on his keyboard, finding any reason that he could keep the girl in his house and out of the clutches of her father, sending away the light that shined over Jungkook.

~*~ Sang’s POV ~*~

“I’m not leaving” Sang spoke with confidence as she stared at the computer screen, Janine nodding as she too glanced over the forms, trying to find a way to grant Sang-Oh adult responsibilities. “What about this one?” Sang asked while reading over one of the lines.

‘At the age of 16, one could become emancipated’ ‘financially stable’

Well there went that thought, Sang didn’t have any kind of income, and it had to be an independent claim. Next!

‘Abuse within the home’

Could she really make such a claim on her mother? She had the proof of the swollen lip that she was being touched in a harmful manner, but would it really have to come down to that? Sang sure hoped not, but again she wasn’t willing to give up her future just because of greed. Taking in a long sigh, her eyes glanced towards Janine who looked just as upset about the situation, her eyes reading every line just as carefully.

“Why don’t you ask your father?” Janine spoke after a while, noting the parental consent option, only one parent would have to approve of it, and considering she didn’t live under her mother’s lease, her father could sign the form.

“Pfft, I haven’t asked for anything from him. I don’t plan on starting” Sang was prideful when it came to that man and his wealth, for he was just another stranger passing within her life. She wanted nothing from him, nor would she ever swallow her pride to get what she needed. She was taught early not to rely on him.

“It’s the only chance you have…” Janine whispered softly, Sang’s eyes falling towards the ground as she thought about her swollen lip, and the battle that would come out of it should she take that approach. “Unless you express why your lips is swollen and what your mother said when you told her about the pregnancy.”

“That would be Hell” Sang admitted, Janine nodding softly.

“It’s the truth Sang-Oh…” Janine whispered the last part, her finger softly touched at the bruised skin as though proving her point further. “It’s your future, and I didn’t know you were the type to back down just because of something in your way. You’re brave Sang-Oh and you have a large heart…. But sometimes you have to be selfish to get what you want…”

“Like you and Jung-Hyun?” Sang didn’t understand why she spoke such words, but she regretted them the moment Janine’s eyes widened, and a sad look took over her face. “I’m sorry… I didn’t mean…”

“It’s true” Janine admitted “but I sincerely care about you, that’s why I’m beside you now and not him. I came for you, because you needed a friend and I was your friend before I was his girlfriend. I won’t let you give up everything, after you fought so hard to get it.”

“Thanks Janine…” Sang-Oh breathed out, pulling the girl into a tight embrace, and was surprised when she didn’t whine, only wrapped her arms just as tightly around Sang’s body and pulled her closer. “I don’t judge you for Jung-Hyun, I’m actually really happy for you both” Sang admitted, Janine nodding in understanding, knowing that the girl was simply flustered.

‘It’s okay Sang… I’m your friend… Which is why I’m going to ask your father for help tomorrow… Please forgive me friend…’

 

Author's Note:

And so the battle begins! I hope you all are enjoying the story so far,and that you all will continue to support the story as it progresses. I want to thank every one of you who has subscribed, and those of you who upvoted! It means a great deal to me, so thank you so much!! You guys are awesome, and I can't express that enough!!