~ Chapter Thirty-Eight ~

"Tell No One"

The party had been over for hours, but that didn’t mean that the music had stopped or that their hands were willing to let go, their body swaying to the melody of love and heartache. They had been inseparable since her arrival, and many people teased at them, but Jungkook would only hold her tighter, would bring her closer. It was obvious that her departure had changed him, that he had somehow found his courage to embrace his feelings opposed to tossing them away and pretending they didn’t exist.

“Lee Sang-Oh, you drive me insane” he whispered into the music, his hand tightening against her own as he pulled her slightly closer, her eyes glancing up towards his, thankful to see the soft smile that took his lips. “You gave me all the obvious answers in life, except for one… You never left a clue for me, that you were coming back. I would have waited if you explained it, but you made me search instead… Why?”

“I didn’t want to give you false hope” she was honest in her answer, but it wasn’t because she doubted her feelings for him, she only doubted her ability to make everything happen. “I didn’t know how long it was going to take and asking you to wait would have been selfish.”

“Making me search for answers was selfish…” Jungkook answered with a stern voice, and Sang’s heart suddenly began to race within her chest, hoping that he wasn’t going to explode in anger at such a joyous occasion. “Don’t you understand it yet? I would have waited either way, so you didn’t have to be so cruel to me…”

“I’m sorry” Sang whispered, looking down towards the floor, stopping her movement from the dancing and retreating her arms from his frame, only to be stopped midway and her arms being wrapped back around him, his hands holding her in place.

“Don’t” his voice sounded desperate, his hands releasing their hold and instead wrapping back around her waist, thankful that she didn’t try to pull away again. “Don’t let go of me…”

“I never did” Sang reassured, snuggling her face closer to his neck and cradling into the comfort he always provided to her. “I never wanted too… That’s why I fought. I fought to hold you, to love you, to be with you….”

“I know” he whispered, and he pondered why he ever doubted her in the first place “so don’t you dare let go…”

He rested his forehead onto her own, breathing in the scent he had almost but forgotten, releasing the feelings that he was so close to numbing. He was foolish to believe she had just left him, but doubt was an ugly creature and it always had a way of twisting the truth. He’d never doubt her again, not after feeling her arms wrapped around him, feeling her love once again, listening to her heart beat just for him. “I love you” he whispered the words he had longed to hear, the words he couldn’t comprehend years ago…

“I love you” she responded, and he felt like the world had suddenly stopped and stood still, if only to shine a spotlight on them and to allow them to breathe in the moment a while longer.

He missed her lips, missed her voice, missed every single flaw and perfection she brought to the table, and as his lips slowly moved closer to hers, he was alarmed when she looked away and his lips took her cheek instead. “Your dad is watching” she whispered softly “it’s awkward” she expressed, his eyes glancing towards the male who was indeed watching them, but he didn’t care if his father saw his love. He didn’t care if the world was watching them, he wanted to taste her lips and so with a soft touch to her jaw, their lips would realign with one another, and would soon be pressed, the butterflies that were caged and dead suddenly bursting to life within his entire body.

(( Credit to rightful owner: ))

“Alright you two” Jimin was the one who had broken the trance, Jungkook becoming shy suddenly as he pulled away and instead settled for a hug. “Hey, Sang-Oh” Jimin waved, which caused the shy female to wave back, hiding her blush with Jungkook’s shoulder.

“Hey Jiminie” she spoke despite how light headed she felt, how on top of the world she had become within the last few minutes “I heard you and Yoongi are still doing well… Is it true?”

“Mhmm” Yoongi was the one who hummed the answer, pulling his lover closer towards him as though to show off their love to the world. “He just doesn’t go away” Yoongi huffed out teasingly, earning himself a slap to the back of his head.

“Says the stalker who showed up in the middle of the night to sing me songs…”

“Hey now” Yoongi warned, obviously not liking that his sensitive side was being tossed out into the open “secrets babe, people don’t need to know” he tried to hide his embarrassment, but the red hue on his cheeks would prove otherwise. “I’m glad your back to pick this love-sick puppy up, he’s been interrupting my dates…”

“Glad to be back” Sang spoke quickly, pulling Jungkook just a little closer “I won’t be leaving again…”

~~~~~~~~~~~~

They had spent the night together several times in their life, and they had spent several more away from each other, but tonight was the hardest night. Jungkook found himself tossing and turning, blankets on, blankets off, and no matter how harsh that fan blew in his face, he felt like he was suffocating. Her hotel wasn’t far from the house, and considering he now had a car, she literally a ten-minute drive away, yet he only carried a permit and driving in the dark was illegal. His dad would kill him.

‘What are you doing?’ His phone lit up just when he was about to grab it, and he couldn’t deny the large smile that took to his once exhausted features.

 

Text To Sang:

‘Thinking about you… You?’

 

Text From Sang:

‘Standing outside of your front door, debating on knocking…’

 

Text To Sang:

‘Why would you knock just come…..’

Message Saved as Draft

 

Jungkook didn’t run, he sprinted down the large stair case and pried the door open, surprised to see a small female sitting along the railing and holding two steaming cups in her hand. He wanted desperately to hold her, to kiss her, but he learned that love is patient and was only deserving when one had waited enough. Taking a seat beside her on the rail, he would reach for the hot contents but was alarmed when she suddenly pulled it away and placed it on the opposite side of herself.

“Oh yeah?” Jungkook raised an eyebrow before standing himself up and walking before her, his hands pushing at her thighs and pushing them open. The soft gasp that left her lips was priceless as he settled himself between her legs and wrapped his arms around her waist, resulting in her arms wrapping around his own. Just when she was about to close whatever distance pegged them, he would swoop the drink from the railing and take a few steps back.

“Jerk” Sang whispered before standing herself up from the railing and instead sipping on her own cup of hot chocolate. “I heard you were getting straight A’s?”

“Yep, I’m suddenly a perfect student now” Jungkook spoke with confidence, but he wasn’t doing this all for himself, instead he was trying to get a job that would be enough to provide for him and the person he loved. He knew Sang went to college right after school and got herself a degree in business. He heard that she was now managing a long-time company. She made plenty of enough money to suffice, but that didn’t mean that she should have too. “How’s work going for you?” Which was also a reminder that she wasn’t here to stay, that she would be leaving once again.

“It’s going well, I start back up tomorrow” Sang spoke softly “really early actually, so hurry up and drink your hot chocolate.”

“Wait, you work here?” Jungkook allowed hope to settle through his heart, the hope that she wasn’t going to leave his side, and she had confirmed it with a soft nod to her head and a dazzling smile against her lips. “Are you still mine then?”

“I already told you, I only look at you” Sang shrugged her shoulders as though that answer didn’t just place Jungkook on cloud nine, as though her love didn’t make his entire being melt with a intense fire.

“You better only look at me, I waited almost two years to see your smile again” Jungkook muttered playfully, but, he truly missed her, had become so oblivious to the world around him while he sat there and waited for her to come back into his life. “Sang…” he whispered softly, bringing her eyes towards him “I love you.”

“I love you too Jungkook” she spoke it as though she had been saying it for years, and maybe she had been away still claiming her love for him. Jungkook didn’t wish for her to leave, his hand reaching out and securing her own, her eyes blinking in confusion, that was until he pulled her weight and began heading inside the front door. “Jungkook…”

“Stay beside me, just tonight… Don’t let me go again…” he was desperate to keep her at his side and was incredibly thankful when she nodded and willingly moved inside the door.

“I never did let you go, I held on to you through the distance” Sang admitted, allowing his hand to guide her up familiar steps, and into a familiar room, stopping only when noting the door was blank from graffiti and band logos. Jungkook had changed a lot over the course of a year and some months, and it was proven further by the organized and clean room that was revealed once the door was open.

“Wow… You seem so different…”

“I am different” Jungkook admitted while rubbing the back of his neck, a tint of pink hitting his cheeks while plopping himself onto the bed. “I learned to accept my emotions, and not to run away from them. I learned that immaturity caused pain and suffering, so I should just talk things out and come up with an appropriate solution” while he spoke, his arms reached to grab a hold of her waist, pulling her closer to his side until she was sitting on his lap. “I learned that love doesn’t fade, but that doesn’t mean you should expect it, that you have to work for it…”

“Hmm… Seems you’ve grown up a bit. Sorry I couldn’t be beside you…” Sang whispered softly, running her hands through his hair and watching as his eyes observed her, how soft they looked despite how strong his jawline was.

“Don’t be, I wouldn’t have learned if you stayed beside me. I would have expected things, and I wouldn’t have learned how to fight” Jungkook admitted, his fingers lining her jaw line and feeling the perfection of her skin under his touch. “I learned to fight, so that I was worthy of standing before you… So that I didn’t make you run anymore…”

“I didn’t run away Jungkook, I was fighting like I promised that I would…” Sang spoke softly, leaning in closer towards him but was stunned when he backed away instead and stared towards the ground. “Did I do the wrong thing?”

“No, you’re perfect Sang-Oh, you truly are…”

“But…?”

“But I’m not ready yet, I’m still not worthy of being beside you. Can you wait four more months for me?” Jungkook asked, and fear was written all over his expression, as though he expected to be rejected.

“I’d wait forever for you Jungkook-Ah…” Sang spoke softly, guiding her lips to his forehead and giving him a small kiss, watching as his cheeks burned a bright red. “Only you…”

 

(( Things are coming to an end for the couple, and so the next chapters will be fillers with extra characters such as Kana, Jimin, Namjoon, and Janine. Thank you all for sticking around for the ending! I truly hope you enjoyed it! ))